PB products

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 11:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i just meant cleaners in the way NXT has cleaners?

Old 04-08-2008, 11:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RockPick
It'd be a real stretch to call it a 'cleaner wax'.
Agree there isn't any cleaning properties in it. If you are looking for that, try PB QW+ its a "in between" type product.

Honestly, people that buy Nattys Red are like sect members of the OCD clan.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:57 PM
Suspended
Alright guys, i purchased a few items from pakshak. Picked up Natty's Red, SSR1, SSR3, Professional Polish, EX-P Sealant, Natty's Blue, and Natural Look Dressing. When applying the SSRs, polishes, and sealants, is there a pad preference or are my megs fine?

Old 04-09-2008, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by gators241987
Alright guys, i purchased a few items from pakshak. Picked up Natty's Red, SSR1, SSR3, Professional Polish, EX-P Sealant, Natty's Blue, and Natural Look Dressing. When applying the SSRs, polishes, and sealants, is there a pad preference or are my megs fine?
Congrats on the product purchase. Pads are a highly personal choice. Some perfer Megs, Lake, others etc. I have both Megs and Lakes but I prefer to use Lake. Lake pads offer different pads for different levels of cut to polish to finish.

They make two versions, VC, variable contact and CCS. VC's are great but I am going to get a full set of the CCS pads soon.

Products do react differently on different pads.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:20 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by RollingRock
Congrats on the product purchase. Pads are a highly personal choice. Some perfer Megs, Lake, others etc. I have both Megs and Lakes but I prefer to use Lake. Lake pads offer different pads for different levels of cut to polish to finish.

They make two versions, VC, variable contact and CCS. VC's are great but I am going to get a full set of the CCS pads soon.

Products do react differently on different pads.
For the afore mentioned products that I purchased, which Lake pads would you use? What is the difference between VC and CCS?

Old 04-09-2008, 10:40 PM
For the afore mentioned products that I purchased, which Lake pads would you use? What is the difference between VC and CCS?
Kind of hard to tell you that....have to see the paint under lights....this is where knowing the products and the tools come into play.

I can answer the difference in VC-Variable Contact or CCS is a flat pad with pockets in it. Designed to hold product and keep from slinging it around as well as keep the pad/product from overheating. (Similar to Megs Diamond pads)

SSR's can be used with many different kinds of pads, each one will determine the amount of additional cut you will achieve.

SSR3 is very aggressive. High Cut factor. You can fill it on your fingers. It can be toned down by using a lighter cut pad. Just remember (I feel I have told you this already) you have to step down polish them. After SSR3 you have to use SSR1, after SSR1 you must polish it out. So your pad choice is dependent on what you have on hand and your attack plan for that particular detail based on the condition.

LOTS of variables here.

This will help you.

Learn it, know it, live it.

Show us some close ups under lights of the paint you are working with so we can give you a more detailed plan based on a visual.

Last edited by RollingRock; 04-09-2008 at 10:42 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:55 PM
Fantastic Chart

Old 04-09-2008, 11:05 PM
Suspended
I will try to take some shots tomm. Truck isnt in too bad of condition. Are the VC and CCS pads match up color wise? Based on a few of your threads at PB, im looking at yellow, green, white, and black.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:13 PM
I will try to take some shots tomm. Truck isnt in too bad of condition. Are the VC and CCS pads match up color wise? Based on a few of your threads at PB, im looking at yellow, green, white, and black.
Those are good choices for pads. I would always try the least aggressive first, this rule is especially important when using SSR's. I would start with SSR1 with a Green Lake first.

If that doesn't get it done then use the SSR3 with the Green, if that doesn't do it, SSR3 with the yellow. (Note....using Yellow and Orange Lakes pads will dull the surface don't freak out, its normal)

This is the very reason i have 2 full sets of pads and about to have 4 sets of pads.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:21 PM
Pulled this right off the LC site

What do we mean by variable contact?
Lake Country's patented design features a "stepped, concave" buffing surface that varies the level of pad-to-surface contact depending on the pressure applied by the operator.
Benefits:

Improved operator control - Ability to vary pad pressure allows the operator to"work" the compounds and polishes for the desired results.

Eliminates Splatter and Waste - As the pad rotates, polishes and compounds migrate toward the center of the pad, virtually eliminating splatter and waste of expensive compounds. Especially effective on vertical surfaces.

Ideal for Tight Spaces - The profile of the curved edge pad is great for buffing around objects in tight spaces. The recessed back prevents contact between the backing plate and the working surface.

Background of CCS Technology™

Conventional foam pads absorb polish too quickly. This reduces polish and pad performance because most of the polish is trapped below the working surface of the pad. CCS technology™ solves this common problem using stategic patterns of partially closed foam cells.

Benefits:

SLOW RATE OF POLISH ABSORBTION - Enhances polish performance.

IMPROVES OPERATOR CONTROL - CCS pockets gradually release polish as needed by the operator.

PREVENTS PAD SKIPPING - CCS pockets reduce surface tension allowing operator to run pad flat on working surface.

CREATES LESS HEAT - CCS pockets reduce surface contact resulting in less friction generated heat.

OEM APPROVED - OEM tests confirm CCS pads out-perform convoluted pad designs.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:21 PM
Suspended
Those are good choices for pads. I would always try the least aggressive first, this rule is especially important when using SSR's. I would start with SSR1 with a Green Lake first.

If that doesn't get it done then use the SSR3 with the Green, if that doesn't do it, SSR3 with the yellow. (Note....using Yellow and Orange Lakes pads will dull the surface don't freak out, its normal)

This is the very reason i have 2 full sets of pads and about to have 4 sets of pads.
Thanks, I will put a pic up tomm so you guys can see what im workin with. it isnt that bad since i did a half detail a month ago. what kind of towels are you using? the yellow with black trim?

Old 04-09-2008, 11:48 PM
Thanks, I will put a pic up tomm so you guys can see what im workin with. it isnt that bad since i did a half detail a month ago. what kind of towels are you using? the yellow with black trim?
I have more MF than should be allowed by law.

But yes I have some of those...prob 3-4 dozen of the 16X24's

Gators, just wondering, have you read the detail sticky?

Old 04-10-2008, 12:00 AM
Suspended
I have more MF than should be allowed by law.

But yes I have some of those...prob 3-4 dozen of the 16X24's

Gators, just wondering, have you read the detail sticky?
I was looking for a brand name since i had not seen those mf's before. ofcourse i read the sticky. read it about a year ago. why?

Old 04-10-2008, 12:04 AM
I was looking for a brand name since i had not seen those mf's before. ofcourse i read the sticky. read it about a year ago. why?

Just making sure....as for the MF's, not sure of the brand name, they are remarketed by several vendors.

SM calls them "Soft Edge Premium Detailing Towel "

Old 04-10-2008, 12:22 AM
Suspended
Just making sure....as for the MF's, not sure of the brand name, they are remarketed by several vendors.

SM calls them "Soft Edge Premium Detailing Towel "
Hmm, they arent in their catalog they sent me. Im always looking to test out new towels. The detail isnt on my truck, its on my buddies, who i did a half detail a few weeks ago. Sunday, i plan on doing a full one. He's got a silver chevy with quite a few problem areas. I will start a thread about it this weekend. Try to get pics up tomm night as well

Quick Reply: PB products