Megs #6 test

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Megs #6 test

I've been wanting to try Megs #6 for a while, and today I had a good test vehicle. Being black and badly swirled it would be obvious how much of a difference it made. Applied via PC on a yellow Megs pad, speed 5. Here are the pics.

I have to say it did a better job than I was expecting. Thoughts?

Old 04-09-2008, 10:17 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I think you should clarify just a bit...

There wasn't a prayer in the world that #6 would deal with the problems that were already in place.

It's not a bad cleaner wax (I actually like the A-Line Cleaner Wax better than #6) but, there's very little hope for a low-cut product like #6 on a vehicle that looks like that.

That said, I'd have to say that I'm a bit impressed. I didn't think it'd even take it that far.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:32 PM
I had a funny comment about that truck....

Never used that product but it does look better...least aggressive first. Now you know you need a bit more.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
I think you should clarify just a bit...

There wasn't a prayer in the world that #6 would deal with the problems that were already in place.

It's not a bad cleaner wax (I actually like the A-Line Cleaner Wax better than #6) but, there's very little hope for a low-cut product like #6 on a vehicle that looks like that.

That said, I'd have to say that I'm a bit impressed. I didn't think it'd even take it that far.
I knew it wasn't going to bring the paint back to perfection, but since the customer only asked for a "wash and wax" I figured I give it a shot and see what it could do.

As I'm sure you know, sometimes there just isn't enough time/money allowed to do what is truly needed. Besides, this truck had some crappy paint work done in an attempt to repair damage to the front pass door. I wasn't comfortable doing anything more than this in that area.

Quick Reply: Megs #6 test