detailing experts help needed (ie rockpick, rollingrock, etc)

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008 | 12:55 AM
|
i know pics would help out tremendously but our weather hasnt been cooperating here lately, need a good sunny day to really get the actual condition of the finish...i can just take a pic but unless its sunny and clear you wont really see how dull it looks, it will just look black..and i did call another trailer dealer and he supposedly has a $25 bottle of cleaner wash that is supposed to totally bring back the finish with a simple wash using it..he referred to it as black streak remover but i dont think thats whats going on with the finish, sure i can see some of what would be black streaks if the trailer was white, but its not the problem with the whole finish...i just doubt that i could simply wash the trailer with a brush with this stuff and voila it comes back to a showroom shine like the guy said it would

Old 04-16-2008 | 02:49 PM
From my other post, which is from their website:

EXTERIOR SKIN MAINTENANCE
Clean exterior aluminum streaks with Black Streak Remover. Wash exterior often with a soft brush and a quality RV or Trailer Wash and Wax solution.

You should wash the aluminum with the Black Streak Remover. They recommend washing with an RV Wash, which I believe is usually Gel Coat (anyone?) otherwise I imagine they would have recommended a automotive paint wash.

Although, looking around online, it seems that Black Streak Remover cleans pretty dang good (there are many different brands, I'm sure some are better than others)
http://www.cleanyourtrailer.net/bspics.html
http://www.streakmaster.com/---There are pictures towards the bottom.
http://www.rvdoctor.com/rvdoctor289.html

Last edited by roushstage2; 04-16-2008 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-17-2008 | 12:43 AM
|
well i guess that means I have myself a project...go pay this trailer dealer for his magic bottle of shine $$$ and see what happens...haha

Old 04-17-2008 | 12:46 AM
|
actually if you click that first link that roush posted and scroll down to the before and after pics, look for the red trailer pics...that before pic is exactly what mine looks like except mine is black..but notice how dull it is... also does anyone know where to get a long handled wooden brush with soft bristles like they recommend using to wash RVs and trailers..we use to have one years ago but its long gone and i have no idea where it came from or where to find a suitable replacement

Old 04-17-2008 | 01:06 AM
That is oxidized paint (most likely SS), pretty sure anyways. You get something like Meguiar's Color-X and some applicator pads and towels, it will clean, polish, and protect it. Color-X will make it look way better than that too. There are many options to deal with it. What exactly look wise are you going for and how much did you have in mind to spend?

Old 04-17-2008 | 01:18 AM
I'd go with something like this:

That should last some time and keep the trailer looking new. SS paint responds very well to M80 Speed Glaze. I use it on my SS truck all the time. The new NXT 2.0 wax makes black look incredible and has even better durability and protection than the original.

Last edited by roushstage2; 04-17-2008 at 01:20 AM.

Quick Reply: detailing experts help needed (ie rockpick, rollingrock, etc)