Another Ford ready for the detail

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 07:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Ford ready for the detail

Last summer I did a wash, clay, Zaino AIO for a buddy of mine from work on his F150. His poor truck has seen 5 car washes in its 2 years. Well now that I got the DA going on the wifes car, I might impress him even more. His truck is my favorite ford color too, blue. I will get pics out as soon as I finish the wifes car and his truck. I'm going to go with a wash,clay,80,9,2.0,16.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:20 PM
Suspended
That's good but the real question is he going to take care of it?

Old 04-10-2008, 11:09 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
That's good but the real question is he going to take care of it?
From my experience, the answer to that is a RESOUNDING ''NO''. He won't take care of it but...

On the flip side of that coin... a customer (or, in this case, a buddy) will be EASILY blown away by what you can present to him/her when all they've known is dirty/crappy/ugly paint for years and years.

Plus, this type of person will typically remember the feeling of being BLOWN AWAY and that feeling that they're in a totally different automobile (post-detail) and want to relive that feeling on occasion. So... you get to see them again, and again... and again... and again.

Repeat bidnuss...

Of the clients that I cater to... most are of the described scenario. Which is a win/win for both sides... they get a slicked' up vehicle, I get a little coin to fuel my OCD.

Good luck on the detail, cu! Kick its' butt and call it names!
-RP-

Old 04-12-2008, 11:31 AM
The answer is, NO he wont take care of it. It will probably still only see auto car washes. Last time he brought it over it had parking lot paint overspray all over it because his wife didn't want to walk farther, so she thought she would park close to work, right where they were spraying new lines. I used 2 clay bars to get MOST of the paint off.

Rock was right though, Last time I did it for beer money because he's a friend but now he wants to pay me because he said its losing its shine. Keep in mind this is the definition of NON car guy. He thinks "Its a truck, treat it like one". I say sure tow and haul your wheeler with it but for pete sake don't drop the wash mitt and go right back to the paint. Thats what he tried doing when he was "helping" me last time.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:11 PM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
2 coats of 2.0 is as likely to last as long as anything. Try to set up a detail session twice a year if he isn't going to care for it. I wouldn't waste the #16 on him, it's too hard to find. If you want more pop and don't mind the extra effort, use some other pure carnauba that's easier to get.

Old 04-12-2008, 03:47 PM
I wasn't planning on it. The #16 is for MINE ONLY!!!

Quick Reply: Another Ford ready for the detail