Poor Boys Product Question..

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 08:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Poor Boys Product Question..

I have never used the products but I am curious about trying them. On their website, it says that most of their products can be used in either the sun or the shade which is completely opposite of most traditional products which can only be used in the shade. Could someone (RR) offer some first hand experience of this versatility?

Old 04-11-2008, 08:59 AM
I've personaly used Natty's Red in full sun. Worked just like it does in the shade. However thats the only PB product that I have atm.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:40 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I decieded to bite the bullet and order the natty's, ex-p sealant, and the black hole it will be arriving wednesday. But from all the reviews by the detailing guru's I feel pretty confident with the product. I don't think you could go wrong in getting there products. Thats just my .02 cents worth.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by 05_sprcrw
I decieded to bite the bullet and order the natty's, ex-p sealant, and the black hole it will be arriving wednesday. But from all the reviews by the detailing guru's I feel pretty confident with the product. I don't think you could go wrong in getting there products. Thats just my .02 cents worth.
I agree they seem to be excellent products and would not have any problem trying them. I was just curious though about the ability to use them in the sun though for the people who do not have garages to work in like myself.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:25 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by 05_sprcrw
Has the order shipped already?

If not, get the EX Sealant. I was told the Black Hole/EX Sealant is a better combo for a Black vehicle.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:26 AM

I agree with you there. I am in the unfortunate club to not have a garage either! And people at parks tend to frown on driving on the grass under a tree. Tried that once, guess I have to come up with a new strategy!

Old 04-11-2008, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Has the order shipped already?

If not, get the EX Sealant. I was told the Black Hole/EX Sealant is a better combo for a Black vehicle.
Ya it shipped oh well, I will just oreder the ex as well. But thanks for the heads up.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:33 AM
Suspended
No problem. I made a quick decision and ended up calling in the morning to find out which one was the better product to use. The guys at PBs said without a doubt the Black Hole, EX Sealant, and #16 or the like would be probably the best combination of products on a Black vehicle. I just can't wait to get it all done !!

Old 04-11-2008, 10:39 AM
I have never had any type of problem even when using in the sun. Now I also try to make sure i do not use products in the sun but on the occasion that i have it have not had a issue. Works great.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:49 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
No problem. I made a quick decision and ended up calling in the morning to find out which one was the better product to use. The guys at PBs said without a doubt the Black Hole, EX Sealant, and #16 or the like would be probably the best combination of products on a Black vehicle. I just can't wait to get it all done !!
does this hold true for all dark vehicles, my red included?

Old 04-11-2008, 10:56 AM
I haven't used EX only EX-P and I really really doubt anyone will be able to visibly tell the difference from EX and EX-P. EX-P is a PURE sealant.

EX has carnuba in it which would also cut down on "cure" time too I would imagine. So while the extra carnuba may add some added pop, they are used for different purposes. Will be interested to see and get feedback from Thumper on his experiment. That looks like a great combo.

I certainty trust the folks at PB, have you seen some of the cars that the users post in the bragging forum? Amazing....that is what sold me on using them last year and making it my standard.

Thump, remember that Black Hole has lots of oils in it....check each section well before topping with EX...you may see some patches that will require more MF.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:59 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by gators241987
I have no idea, this is the first time I'll be using their products. I'd just call the guys at PBs and find out.

Old 04-11-2008, 11:01 AM
In my opinion I would say Yes as I would consider Red to be a dark color

Old 04-11-2008, 11:01 AM
I am sure this holds truth for red, however, with red, I would consider using Natty's red if you have it. It does make a difference if you ask me.

But hey, if Thump got that info, just give them a call....

JP

Old 04-11-2008, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by RollingRock
I haven't used EX only EX-P and I really really doubt anyone will be able to visibly tell the difference from EX and EX-P. EX-P is a PURE sealant.

EX has carnuba in it which would also cut down on "cure" time too I would imagine. So while the extra carnuba may add some added pop, they are used for different purposes. Will be interested to see and get feedback from Thumper on his experiment. That looks like a great combo.

I certainty trust the folks at PB, have you seen some of the cars that the users post in the bragging forum? Amazing....that is what sold me on using them last year and making it my standard.

Thump, remember that Black Hole has lots of oils in it....check each section well before topping with EX...you may see some patches that will require more MF.
Thats good to know I will have to give this a try then. And if Thumper's turns out I may just have to give it a try. But I also wanted to say thanks for a lot of your previous posts, you turned my mild case of ocd into full blown ocd and I am proud of it! I love getting the looks from people seeing my vehicles as clean as they are. This section is by far the most helpful on the forum and where I spend most of my time. You guys are very helpful and do not throw a bunch of sarcasm around when someone has a question!

Quick Reply: Poor Boys Product Question..