Removing Scratches

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 08:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RollingRock
My .02 here, if you have a DA, and using 80 you can prob skip the 9 and go to the 21 then 26.

I have NO experience with 80 by hand sorry.
yeah-- if you get them all out with the #80, no need to use #9; however, I think you should use #7 if you opt to snub #9 b/c #7 is a pure polish-- makes the truck look WET.

BTW-- Zaairman has PLENTY of experience with #80 by hand...

Old 04-17-2008, 09:04 AM
Suspended
ahh an innocent person starts out wanting to buy a few products to make his truck look good. 2 months later, he has become a full fledged OCDer and has bought a DA, has a flex on order, and stocks nearly all meguiars products with a few other choice brands. cough PB, RR cough cough. welcome son, welcome

Old 04-17-2008, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by gators241987
ahh an innocent person starts out wanting to buy a few products to make his truck look good. 2 months later, he has become a full fledged OCDer and has bought a DA, has a flex on order, and stocks nearly all meguiars products with a few other choice brands. cough PB, RR cough cough. welcome son, welcome
So true....There should be a disclaimer posted that reads ( This section of F150online.com may cause loss of sleep or drowsiness, OCD, lack of funds in your savings and checking accounts, other symptom also include emotional out bursts at the imporper care of cars and trucks, hair loss, as well as aches and pains.)

Old 04-17-2008, 04:51 PM
Haha I haven't even bought the stuff yet and I can tell I am going to get OCD about it. I can't stand it right now, I wanna get my truck lookin great.

So you would suggest 7 over 9 If I had already got all the scratches out with 80?

Old 04-17-2008, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by andrewc_11890
Haha I haven't even bought the stuff yet and I can tell I am going to get OCD about it. I can't stand it right now, I wanna get my truck lookin great.

So you would suggest 7 over 9 If I had already got all the scratches out with 80?
Yep. Granted, I dont always take/have the time to get a vehicle 100% swirl free, so when that is the case, #9 comes out. But when I have the time to invest, #7 takes over.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:15 PM
Ok looks like its time to go out and get it at this point. My dad has an orbital waxer machine that is 9 in. in diameter and the only thing is that the bonnets are cotton. I think I want to go buy some new ones for this, one for the 80, 7 or 9, 21 and 26. I should be using separate applicators for each one right?

And as for microfiber towels, I should be using a separate microfiber towel to remove each wax/polish etc.

What exaclty should I use microfiber towels on and also are these the 12 packs you were talking about "Premium Quality 16" x 16" Microfiber Polishing Towel"

Do they work just as fine as the specialized ones that are like microfiber drying towels or glass towel?

In the detailing sticky it says to not let the cleaner compounds dry on your car or you will scratch your car. The megs 80 (speed glaze) is the cleaner right? Online it says that it cleans polishes and protects, so will I not really have to worry about if it dries?

Also What step do I use scratch X on in the detail?

Lastly, I think I need to clean the undercarriage of my truck. What do you suggest I do, simple green and a cleaning brush to get off dirt and such?

Thanks again all you guys for your help

Last edited by andrewc_11890; 04-17-2008 at 10:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Removing Scratches