Need help, have scratches

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 05:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help, have scratches

well thanks to one of my idiotic brain dead friends, im not even sure who yet. i have some nice new scratches on the side of my truck - way to totally ruin my day. I guess they thought it would be fun to climb my truck like a monkey with dirty muddy shoes!!

sorry for the crappy pictures but once again one of my wise *** friends, not sure who, broke the screen on my camera and i couldnt tell what the hell i was taking a picture of!

can you guys please give me some advice on how i can deal with these scratches and then maybe how you would deal my friends if they were yours?? ARGH!

Old 04-15-2008, 05:49 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would go postal on them! My friends know how much I hate when people do **** like that to anything of mine.

As far as the scratches I would try to use Meg's Scratch-X it works really well, hopefully they are not too deep. Just make sure to re-wax or seal the areas you apply scratch-x to. Hope this helps.

Old 04-15-2008, 05:51 PM
tell them to **** off....permanently
don't lend anything to anyone. i have the same problem when someone gets in my truck they slam the doors, put their feet everywhere
my truck isnt a park
I tell them straight out...they dont like it they can hop the **** out

Old 04-15-2008, 05:54 PM
Those will probably need to be taken care of by a professional. Scratch x probably wont do anything for those scratches. However, it does look like you've got some transfer from the shoes on there too. Scatch x and some rubbing might take those parts out. Where are you located?

Old 04-15-2008, 05:59 PM
the thing that really pissses me off is that whoever did it probably didnt even realize they did it, and if they did realize they did it, pisses me off they wouldnt tell me. I had a hype BBQ and fed them food and this is how i get repaid

i am located in canada, just out of curiosity how would a professional approach this one??

thanks for all your input guys

Old 04-15-2008, 06:13 PM
Well, first the car needs to be washed and clayed. Im sure claying will remove some of the scuffs because it looks like some of it is just transfer from the white shoes. That usually comes off with claying and or a light polish. The scratches in the 2nd and 3rd pictures look like they might be pretty deep. Id have to determine if they could be remove with polishing/ compounding, or if it would need wet sanding. If so, then Id start with a cutting pad and moderate cutting polish on the rotary. After a couple passes revaluate the scratches. If that set up isnt cutting it, then its time to step up to compound and wool and see how that does. If that didnt work, then it would be time to lightly wet sand the scratches, and go through that whole process. Either way, it will be a multi step process which I wouldnt necessarily recommend you try yourself if you've never used a buffer before. By hand, you would most likely be wasting your time.

But like I said, it could just be light transfer which comes off with light polishing. Go ahead and wash and clay that area and see what happens. Realize you'll need an aggressive clay bar and it will most likely cause some minor marring which will need to be remove with a light polish/ buffer.

Shoot me a PM if you dont want to do this. I know a few people in Canada.

Quick Reply: Need help, have scratches