Is Quik Detailer Ok?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 10:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is Quik Detailer Ok?

I'm going to be claying my father-in-laws truck this weekend and am just curious if I can use the A-class Quik Detailer as the lube regardless of the clay I use.

The clay from ADS I have recommends Last Touch (I have that, too), but I'd like to save that.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:13 PM
Any QD should be fine.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by kars85
I'm going to be claying my father-in-laws truck this weekend and am just curious if I can use the A-class Quik Detailer as the lube regardless of the clay I use.

The clay from ADS I have recommends Last Touch (I have that, too), but I'd like to save that.

Short answer...sure

Longer answer. It will depend kind of. Some clay bars require more lube, more aggressive clay you need a tad more slickness.

I use Megs 34 exclusively with using clay...its more costly but I like how it works. Last Touch is also good and is cost effective by the gallon. Last Touch seems to dry too quickly and thus the clay will grab often...but I tend to go fast...so its my error. (not really dry but roll off maybe is a better description, or fad heck I don't know)

Use what you like as long as you use a lot of lube.

Which clay product are you using? Megs blue? Clay Magic? Other?

Old 04-21-2008, 10:39 PM
Suspended
I always use the Meguiar QD, I go through a lot of it though.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
Short answer...sure

Longer answer. It will depend kind of. Some clay bars require more lube, more aggressive clay you need a tad more slickness.

I use Megs 34 exclusively with using clay...its more costly but I like how it works. Last Touch is also good and is cost effective by the gallon. Last Touch seems to dry too quickly and thus the clay will grab often...but I tend to go fast...so its my error. (not really dry but roll off maybe is a better description, or fad heck I don't know)

Use what you like as long as you use a lot of lube.

Which clay product are you using? Megs blue? Clay Magic? Other?
I have some Meguiars Clay from the kit to use up as well as the Megs blue. I'm just trying to find a spot for the Last Touch (it's different than #34, right?) since I have the cheap QD to use for whatever. There's mixed reviews on Last Touch, but I'm just trying to find a nice spot for it in my routine since it's premium product and already purchased. However, I don't want to sacrifice my prep if the LT is going to ruin it all...

1)Wash
2)Clay (use the A-class QD?)
3)#80 (1 to 2 passes)
4)#9
5)Two coats of NXT 2.0
6)#26

Where to utilize Last Touch??

Old 04-21-2008, 10:52 PM
I have some Meguiars Clay from the kit to use up as well as the Megs blue. I'm just trying to find a spot for the Last Touch (it's different than #34, right?) since I have the cheap QD to use for whatever. There's mixed reviews on Last Touch, but I'm just trying to find a nice spot for it in my routine since it's premium product and already purchased. However, I don't want to sacrifice my prep if the LT is going to ruin it all...

1)Wash
2)Clay (use the A-class QD?)
3)#80 (1 to 2 passes)
4)#9
5)Two coats of NXT 2.0
6)#26

Where to utilize Last Touch??
Last touch and Final Inspection are two different QD's.

Where to use it? Well that depends...with clay obviously, but you don't really have to QD between the steps listed above but you can...

I use QD ALL THE TIME, my truck is wiped down every night until that is unrealistic due to weather time, water, dust storm, hunting trip ext. You kind of have to know the limitations of when to use it vs washing the truck

Not sure if that helps you or not.

Have you read the detail sticky?

Old 04-21-2008, 11:02 PM
Yep. The detailing sticky is pretty awesome for a one stop solution for most questions.

As this thread developed, it turned away from if I can use LT for claying but instead to where it can be incorporated. I'm confident that the A-class QD is sufficient for the claying I'll be doing.

My X is a garaged daily driver, so it'll be a good product to extend the effects of my detailings. I'm not going to use it to over-prolong the look, though. Is that more on how you'd use it in my situation?

Old 04-21-2008, 11:12 PM
Yep. The detailing sticky is pretty awesome for a one stop solution for most questions.

As this thread developed, it turned away from if I can use LT for claying but instead to where it can be incorporated. I'm confident that the A-class QD is sufficient for the claying I'll be doing.

My X is a garaged daily driver, so it'll be a good product to extend the effects of my detailings. I'm not going to use it to over-prolong the look, though. Is that more on how you'd use it in my situation?
As this thread developed? There are only 8 responses and most of them are mine...

Anyway I guess I am having comprehension issues tonight, I don't really understand your response so i will just tell you this.

Use a QD as just that, a Quick Detailer. Use your head on when to use it...if you go 4X4'ing and get all muddy, not a place to use a QD.

If you are wanting me to tell you to QD after you use #80, sure do it. But its not needed unless you see a lot of dust from the product etc. Personally I don't think you need to. But that is just me. It doesn't hurt a thing to QD between steps.

Cheers

Quick Reply: Is Quik Detailer Ok?