Is 5 Star Shine for real?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 08:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is 5 Star Shine for real?

I was searching the internet for the best wax, and I came across a website for 5 Star Shine. Has anyone heard of this or used 5 Star Shine. I was curious if it is any good. They claim that you only have to wax you truck once and it will last five years, keeping your vehicle looking like new.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:00 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have not herd of it but five years sounds like a really long time to go without re-waxing. Plus I must say that I enjoy detailing my truck so I could not handle that. But if its not expensive my seggestion is just give it a try. It is the only true way to find out wether or not you like what it does.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by Slynchee
I was searching the internet for the best wax, and I came across a website for 5 Star Shine. Has anyone heard of this or used 5 Star Shine. I was curious if it is any good. They claim that you only have to wax you truck once and it will last five years, keeping your vehicle looking like new.
If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. Take a look at their guarantee and see what it covers and how do you prove anything to make a claim against it? It is an OK product with an exceptional marketing machine behind it but it will not last 5 years. IMHO!!!

Old 04-22-2008, 10:44 AM
if you browse enough online, you see forums in which this product gets brought up, then out of nowhere -in comes a marketing rep. to answer all your questions.

I bet its just the latest new fad protectant which will wind up at home shows and fairs. You know- the ones that protect paint so well that they even protect agains heat- you can set your hood on fire

Old 04-22-2008, 03:32 PM
Its been discussed here before several times, too. Avoid it is the simple answer.

Quick Reply: Is 5 Star Shine for real?