Leather CPR is the Bomb !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 08:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leather CPR is the Bomb !!

I have a KR F150 with the finicky leather. I did the steam bath and got most of the stains and dirt out and then went and bought the KR Leather Conditioner. I used as directed along with tips learned here but got the dreaded white haze ( no I did not over apply ) and was never really happy at all with the outcome. Well last week after reading about CPR from Rockpick and many others I ordered a few containers and did my front seats and center console today. After it dried and was buffed the seats are almost like new.

It really brought back that nice dark brown/tan richness to the leather, it hide most all the scratches and got out allot of the dirt and oil stains from the body and bare arms. I can tell you I used it like the bottle said very liberally and let it soak in the leather before wiping and buffing. This will vary of course as my seats were in bad shape. I will be ordering a few more bottles for the shelf as spairs that for sure !!

Old 04-22-2008, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by Bigmoss
I have a KR F150 with the finicky leather. I did the steam bath and got most of the stains and dirt out and then went and bought the KR Leather Conditioner. I used as directed along with tips learned here but got the dreaded white haze ( no I did not over apply ) and was never really happy at all with the outcome. Well last week after reading about CPR from Rockpick and many others I ordered a few containers and did my front seats and center console today. After it dried and was buffed the seats are almost like new.

It really brought back that nice dark brown/tan richness to the leather, it hide most all the scratches and got out allot of the dirt and oil stains from the body and bare arms. I can tell you I used it like the bottle said very liberally and let it soak in the leather before wiping and buffing. This will vary of course as my seats were in bad shape. I will be ordering a few more bottles for the shelf as spairs that for sure !!
Glad you like it....works like a champ for me. Despite some of the nay-sayers I was sold on it 2 years ago.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:33 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Lots of great products out there for the Castano... LCPR seems to get pretty consistant high marks. It's not my favorite but, I do like it!

Old 04-22-2008, 10:40 PM
For the record....to those in the CD section that may not know this but RockPick is the pioneer for KR leather care.

He's a legend, what can you say?

Old 04-22-2008, 10:43 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by RollingRock
For the record....to those in the CD section that may not know this but RockPick is the pioneer for KR leather care.

He's a legend, what can you say?

Just trial and error... far from a legend.

There are lots of great products out there. One vendor doesn't make all of them...

Old 04-22-2008, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Just trial and error... far from a legend.

There are lots of great products out there. One vendor doesn't make all of them...
Geez, cannot even take a compliment...I wasn't just talking bout LCPR but the knowledge you have acquired about the vast array of Castano safe products over the years is pretty impressive.

That KR Leather Care sticky is read everyday.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:59 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by RollingRock
Geez, cannot even take a compliment...I wasn't just talking bout LCPR but the knowledge you have acquired about the vast array of Castano safe products over the years is pretty impressive.

That KR Leather Care sticky is read everyday.
Ehh... I appreciate it but, that compilation of data/knowledge was brought together by oodles of folks testing oodles of products.

There are a few 'old timers' in the King Ranch forum that have been around since 2000 or 2001 with Castano interiors (I had a 2001 KR) that have a lot of information on the KR interior...

It's been fun to tinker on the Castano and see it's migration from a VERY thick, durable high-quality leather to what it is today (much thinner, and just not as nice, IMO). I honestly miss my 2001 -- it kills me to see it out on the road (which I see it regularly).

-RP-

Old 04-22-2008, 11:08 PM
What is a good product to use on the "regular" black leather?

Old 04-22-2008, 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by countyboy04
What is a good product to use on the "regular" black leather?
I use a mixed bag of leather products in no particular order:

Megs 2 step, Aloe Cleaner (blue) and Conditioner (white)
Poorboys Leather Stuff
Leather CPR
Lexol Conditioner (Not sure about the Lexol Cleaner, its bad news with Castano)
Megs Gold Class Leather Cleaner/Conditioner 1 step

Quick Reply: Leather CPR is the Bomb !!