coated with Pollen dust

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 08:46 AM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RollingRock
I have officially removed myself from this thread.
I feel the same way.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
I have officially removed myself from this thread.

Good luck with the dusters.

JP
hey man, autozone has a special..

Buy a TB Spacer and get a free car duster and tornado with every purchase!

lol

Old 04-30-2008, 12:18 PM
glc
Received 770 Likes on 711 Posts
Thump and RR, you guys are just too OCD sometimes.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:31 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by glc
Thump and RR, you guys are just too OCD sometimes.
It's not just us. If it causes anymore marring, regardless on what level, we don't want it touching our paint. Washing the paint already creates a level of marring that will never be able to avoided in my opinion. I take a lot of proud in the stuff I've bought for myself. I hope my children are the same way.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:35 PM
hey, we all are to some extent.
I started this post because I actually wanted input from those guys. As a result, I am going to side with caution and discontinue trying the duster. Even though my truck is older ('97) it and its paint are in mint condition, and unfortunately its not in my budget to buy a new truck after paying 40K to adopt a white baby. So I respect opinions from guys like that.

Thanks

Old 04-30-2008, 01:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree it is not the best thing to use BUT I have one that I use on the TA from time to time. The car sees less than 1k miles a year so more often or not it is just dusty from sitting in the garage. However I only use the dust on the top panels and never go onto the sides of the car with it. Also I barely touch the car with it...no pressure I just let the "fingers" graze across the paint. I've been doing this for a few years and the paint is virtually prefect on the car at least as good as OEM paint gets. I would never use the thing on a daily driver like my truck, there is just too much dirt on a DD. Also there seems to be a ton of the "California Dusters" out there, I think there are some that are harsher than others.

Old 04-30-2008, 02:25 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
My truck tends to get dusty from sitting in the garage rather than dirty from driving on the road. Using the Duster to remove dust from sitting (and barely dragging the strands across the surface of the paint as has been described) has given me excellent results. However, once I've driven the vehicle after a wash, the use of the Duster is no longer an option in my opinion.....

Quick Reply: coated with Pollen dust