Optimum Car Wax

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OCW is one of my favorite products!

Same goes for ONR... one of the most versatile products I have.

Their new Quick Detailer is now one of my favorites... if not my favorite. I like it even better than FK425 and Final Detail.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by Boss_429

Their new Quick Detailer is now one of my favorites... if not my favorite. I like it even better than FK425 and Final Detail.
Thanks for reminding me Boss, I need a new bottle of ONR....

May have to check out the OQD....

JP

EDIT:

Boss I am a little confused....is this the new QD?

SM calls it a new QD.

Last edited by RollingRock; 05-03-2008 at 12:10 AM.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:46 PM

well crap. wish I would have read this yesterday.. lol .. I just ordered another gallon of OCW.. I have never tried their QD

Old 05-02-2008, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
Thanks for reminding me Boss, I need a new bottle of ONR....

May have to check out the OQD....

JP
RR, I think you will really like the new QD! Great slickness, and beautiful gloss!

However, if you have a big supply of FK425, Final Detail (or Extreme Detail), you probably won't miss the new OQD.

Sometimes it's a smart move just to use up other excellent products before you try something new. Otherwise, some great products just end up sitting around... lord knows I have a bunch of them.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by gators241987
Are you guys using this as a LSP or a WO/WO wax? The only time I use a spray wax is right after I wash the car before the drying step. As recommended by Boss, it helps absorb more water and put a little coat of wax on. I like Mothers FX spray wax the best, but there are other WO/WO waxes that work very well. I will have to give Optimum a try.
gators,

If you are looking for something to try that you might be able to get locally that is very similar in application and appearance as the OCW, see if you can find some Mothers Reflections Spray Wax (new version). The old version was a wipe on, let haze, and wipe off... don't care for that type of spray wax. The new version is WO/WO, so check the instructions.

As far as durability goes, it looks like the OCW is going to have a bit of an edge. However, for a product that can be applied this easy, and frequently, either one will do the trick, and is a matter of personal preference.

Old 05-02-2008, 11:34 PM
RR, I think you will really like the new QD! Great slickness, and beautiful gloss!

However, if you have a big supply of FK425, Final Detail (or Extreme Detail), you probably won't miss the new OQD.

Sometimes it's a smart move just to use up other excellent products before you try something new. Otherwise, some great products just end up sitting around... lord knows I have a bunch of them.
Thanks Boss, for QD's I estimate to have 7 gallons of stuff sitting around...I am really trying to use it up on stuff....I will check out the OQD..

JP

Old 05-03-2008, 02:17 AM
Thanks Boss, for QD's I estimate to have 7 gallons of stuff sitting around...I am really trying to use it up on stuff....I will check out the OQD..

JP
I always have space for more #34 should you need to clean house

Old 05-03-2008, 07:53 AM

JP
I feel better now... somebody has more QD than me.

The strange part is... since I've started using a spray wax in my drying process, or after washing, I rarely use a gloss enhancing QD anymore. Mainly for touch-ups. ONR is my "cleaning" QD, and I still use that to some extent.

I was given enough OQD to try to make a quart of QD. All my other fine QD's like FK425, Final Detail, QuikShine, Crystal Mist, 4* UGE, and Duragloss Fast & Clean have just been collecting dust since I received the OQD. I've already given some others away.

I will be buying more OQD, but it will be a while before I do so. Those other products deserve to be used.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:08 AM
Suspended
gators,

If you are looking for something to try that you might be able to get locally that is very similar in application and appearance as the OCW, see if you can find some Mothers Reflections Spray Wax (new version). The old version was a wipe on, let haze, and wipe off... don't care for that type of spray wax. The new version is WO/WO, so check the instructions.

As far as durability goes, it looks like the OCW is going to have a bit of an edge. However, for a product that can be applied this easy, and frequently, either one will do the trick, and is a matter of personal preference.
Boss, I still have about 6 bottles of FX spray wax, and I ordered 2 bottles of the OCW to see how I like it. I will do a test on my truck next week with the OCW to see how well it performs, hopefully as well as you guys are saying. Im quite excited!!!

Old 05-03-2008, 10:51 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
I always have space for more #34 should you need to clean house
I was about to say the same damn thing.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by gators241987
Boss, I still have about 6 bottles of FX spray wax, and I ordered 2 bottles of the OCW to see how I like it. I will do a test on my truck next week with the OCW to see how well it performs, hopefully as well as you guys are saying. Im quite excited!!!
gator,

The FX Spray Wax is also a nice product... especailly when used in the drying process. However, I think you will see that OCW is a bit slicker, and slightly glossier... probably because of the carnauba in it. The OCW also seems to have better staying power.

Wait a couple of hours after application before you judge the appearance and slickness of the OCW.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Do you have to worry about "overspray" on rubber/plastic parts with a product like that? It says it's a wax, will it lighten/gray those parts?

CB

Old 05-03-2008, 12:45 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I feel better now... somebody has more QD than me.
Oh god...

8 gallons of FD, 2 gallons of PB S&W, 1 gallon of 4* UGE, 1 gallon of #135, 1 gallon of FI, 1 gallon of FK1 #425, some DG F&C, some TropiCare QD, some OID, some ONR, some Wolfgang IDS, some NXT SD, some... oh god... I'll stop. Yes, there are more.

Maybe I did need to participate more in that OCD confession thread...

-RP-

Old 05-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Oh god...

8 gallons of FD, 2 gallons of PB S&W, 1 gallon of 4* UGE, 1 gallon of #135, 1 gallon of FI, 1 gallon of FK1 #425, some DG F&C, some TropiCare QD, some OID, some ONR, some Wolfgang IDS, some NXT SD, some... oh god... I'll stop. Yes, there are more.

-RP-
Been there... done that!

P.S... I think you need more FD.

Old 05-03-2008, 06:36 PM
Suspended
I need some FD so if you want to send some my way for a price feel free to send me a PM.

Quick Reply: Optimum Car Wax