Optimum Car Wax

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 09:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RollingRock
<snip>

As for Spray and Wipe, For some reason I always get streaking with it...it does work really, really well on glass but either I spay too much or it is too streaky.

I asked Steve about it and he did say a little goes a long way...but for me, if I see light dust, i feel more comfortable with a little more product and that is why I use the 34 so much, it goes on and comes off with no streaking no matter how much I spray. I have this fear of using too little product when QD'ing as I have introduced marring that way.

Open for discussion, I have a full gallon of S&W sitting in my garage.
Yeah... I am always hesitant to use S&W because of that. On the one hand, I dont like streaks, but on the other, I dont want to underapply it, thus I end up getting streaky... Which means following up with #34...

JP-- if you have any luck with the S&W or find a particular trick to it, PLEASE let me know...

BTW-- one of these days I am going to try ONR... How much time does it save??? I am trying to decide whether it is worth investing in or not...

Old 05-07-2008, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
Yeah... I am always hesitant to use S&W because of that. On the one hand, I dont like streaks, but on the other, I dont want to underapply it, thus I end up getting streaky... Which means following up with #34...

JP-- if you have any luck with the S&W or find a particular trick to it, PLEASE let me know...

BTW-- one of these days I am going to try ONR... How much time does it save??? I am trying to decide whether it is worth investing in or not...
If you want some ONR, I have 1/4 bottle left in one and a brand new bottle...I will give you enough to do a wash with it.

JP

Old 05-07-2008, 09:56 PM
If you want some ONR, I have 1/4 bottle left in one and a brand new bottle...I will give you enough to do a wash with it.

JP
Does it come with instructions? Sounds like a plan, man...

not sure if I can drop by tomorrow or not... Got work tomorrow night... Will call you, though. Thanks!!!

Old 05-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Boss

I haven't yet used ONR as a QD...I need to get some more spare bottles to give that a try, I mainly use ONR for our camper...that's how I wash it while camping etc. It works great.

As for Spray and Wipe, For some reason I always get streaking with it...it does work really, really well on glass but either I spay too much or it is too streaky.

I asked Steve about it and he did say a little goes a long way...but for me, if I see light dust, i feel more comfortable with a little more product and that is why I use the 34 so much, it goes on and comes off with no streaking no matter how much I spray. I have this fear of using too little product when QD'ing as I have introduced marring that way.

Open for discussion, I have a full gallon of S&W sitting in my garage.
I see... streaking issues.

To be honest, I rarely use a "cleaning" QD anymore to remove dust on the visible paint surface. I do use them for bird bombs, door jams, under hood work, to aid in the removal of some polish/polish residue, or to make sure the surface is absolutely perfectly free of any dust prior to an application of an LSP. Used in those circumstances, streaking is really not a concern for me. Although, I haven't noticed any streaking with ONR in QD strength under any conditions, except when the paint is extremely cold or hot.

The only time I use gloss enhancing QD's are after a wash, or a couple hours after an application of an LSP. Now that I've found a couple of excellent spray waxes like OCW and Mothers Reflections, I have even less need for the gloss enhancing QD's. However, I will keep some OID around just for kicks.

Essentially, I try to keep my hands off the paint unless it is already clean from a recent wash. Really keeps marring to a minimum. The 5 or 6 gallons of QD I have will probably go bad before I get a chance to use them.

BTW, the OID seems to have some anti-static properties like FX425... I do like that feature.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Suspended
I just realized that Optimum hdqtrs/plant is 10 min from my house. Im gonna call them today and see if they will let me tour it.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by gators241987
I just realized that Optimum hdqtrs/plant is 10 min from my house. Im gonna call them today and see if they will let me tour it.
...and get some free samples!

Quick Reply: Optimum Car Wax