Question - Coca Cola on Paint

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 08:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hunter9
Today at after 3rd period at school i walk out to my truck which is a 04 f150 supercrew and find that someone messed up my windshield wipers and poured coke all over it. i was just wondering if coke sitting on my paint for over an hour in 80+ degree weather in florida could mess it up. We have had a real problem at our school with vandalism lately. People are a bunch of P***ies at my school and screw up peoples expensive trucks and not go to someones face anymore.
Don't drive it to school if you can't afford to get it ruined.

Its sad it has come to that, but it has.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:20 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by ZEEKA
Must be nice to drive a $40,000 truck in high school... I had to take this thing you youngins may have heard about back in the day....... we called it "a bus". Actually it was public transportation, I had to pay to use it. No freebie here, no silver spoon in my mouth!
I find this comment kind of humorous. No where in his post indicates how old he is. I go to college with adults that are in their 40s. Just wondering, you know what the first three letters of the word assume is right? Seriously, there is no need to start that debate and argument. The guy was asking for advice on "Coca Cola on Paint", let's keep it to that.

PS: I bought my 2004 F150 brand new in December of 2004 for $27,000, the truck stickered for $38,000. It's a 2004, it's possible he bought it used so it would of been even cheaper for him.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:48 PM
Must be nice to drive a $40,000 truck in high school... I had to take this thing you youngins may have heard about back in the day....... we called it "a bus". Actually it was public transportation, I had to pay to use it. No freebie here, no silver spoon in my mouth!
^^i think this guy poured the coke on ur truck

Old 05-06-2008, 04:48 PM
He stated "after third period class" so I ***-umed he was in high school, since colleges don't go by periods. And even if he did buy it used, even if it was a couple of years old, he still probably paid $20,000+ for it. How does a high school/college kid afford a $20,000+ vehicle? I WISH I had a car to drive in high school. Hell, I could've used one in college as well. I was 23 before I bought my first car, spent $2500 because thats all I could afford. My 2007 f150 was the first new car I ever bought and I'm 33 year old. Some people are just lucky thats all, unfortunately I'm not one of them, I have to bust my *** 60-70 hours a week to earn a decent living.

So back to the original question, wash your truck and then wax it, and it will be OK.

Old 05-06-2008, 04:54 PM
He stated "after third period class" so I ***-umed he was in high school, since colleges don't go by periods. And even if he did buy it used, even if it was a couple of years old, he still probably paid $20,000+ for it. How does a high school/college kid afford a $20,000+ vehicle? I WISH I had a car to drive in high school. Hell, I could've used one in college as well. I was 23 before I bought my first car, spent $2500 because thats all I could afford. My 2007 f150 was the first new car I ever bought and I'm 33 year old. Some people are just lucky thats all, unfortunately I'm not one of them, I have to bust my *** 60-70 hours a week to earn a decent living.
All of this is completely irrelavent to the OP's question. There is no need to give the grandpa speech when someone asks for help. If you aren't going to help, dont post. Leave it to those of us who genuinely want to help others.

Also, that last part about you having to work 60+ hours a week... Its ridiculous that you ASSUME that the rest of us dont work ourselves. The world doesnt owe you a thing. So, in the words of the Eagles (please go look up the lyrics and pay attention to what they say), "Get over it"

To the OP-- I want to apologize for all the nonsense above, albeit posted by ZEEKA or anyone responding to his words. In light of the fact that I made mention of helping out (and yes, I am aware that I cut out his one liner about the truck), here is my advice:

Wash it, assess whether or not you need to abrasively polish, (I would clay it before assessing just in case, although it may not be necessary), then if need be use polish, then re-wax the area affected. Bonus project: Rewax the entire truck. It never hurts! BTW-- NXT will do great if it doesnt need a lot of abrasiveness, just a touch of work.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:56 PM
Suspended
Own3d.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:31 PM
[QUOTE=f-150sport03;3195912]

Also, that last part about you having to work 60+ hours a week... Its ridiculous that you ASSUME that the rest of us dont work ourselves. The world doesnt owe you a thing. So, in the words of the Eagles (please go look up the lyrics and pay attention to what they say), "Get over it"

QUOTE]

When did I assume nobody else worked? Nobody owes me anything, I never asked for it. I worked hard for everything I have, which makes me more appreciative of what I got. So save your grandpa speeches and your Eagles records for somebody who cares to listen to that old B.S. like that. I answered the kids question and gave him my opinion. I don't think the Coke did any significant damage that a simple wash and wax couldn't take care of. Kapeesh? You want a music quote? As a famous rapper once said “"Sometimes you just gotta let sh@t go and say to "hell with it" and move on"”. Peace my friend!

Old 05-07-2008, 12:02 AM
Suspended
Zeeka, just stop .

Old 05-07-2008, 01:02 AM
[QUOTE=ZEEKA;3196545]
Originally Posted by f-150sport03

QUOTE]

When did I assume nobody else worked? Nobody owes me anything, I never asked for it. I worked hard for everything I have, which makes me more appreciative of what I got. So save your grandpa speeches and your Eagles records for somebody who cares to listen to that old B.S. like that. I answered the kids question and gave him my opinion. I don't think the Coke did any significant damage that a simple wash and wax couldn't take care of. Kapeesh? You want a music quote? As a famous rapper once said “"Sometimes you just gotta let sh@t go and say to "hell with it" and move on"”. Peace my friend!
so zeeka, im assuming you learned to read back in you bus riding walking uphill both ways days right? then since you can read i shal ASSume you understand he asked for your opinion on how to remove the coke damage, not what you think about him driving an expensive truck.

but anyways, remove the coke like they said and maybe het yourself a bottle of gorilla glue. squirt in front and back of all the tires on the victim vehicle. a couple hours in that florida heat will make it nice and sticky...just lol when they try to drive off.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:25 AM
Originally Posted by Pheonixx

but anyways, remove the coke like they said and maybe het yourself a bottle of gorilla glue. squirt in front and back of all the tires on the victim vehicle. a couple hours in that florida heat will make it nice and sticky...just lol when they try to drive off.
Will that really work? haha

Zeeka, just chill it, we are here to help not argue.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:35 AM
Work can be hell, but I would say that school and all the 24/7 drama around it can be equally as difficult. Having your vehicle vandalized with Coke on the paint sucks, and I hope it left no permanent damage- and Zeeka, nobody wants to hear your sob story, take that silver spoon out of your @ss

Old 05-07-2008, 09:22 AM
Suspended
My buddy had a lifted S10 on 37s and I remember duct taping a tennis ball to the rear passenger tire. I know it wasn't going to mess anything up but it sure was funny as hell when he left the school.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:29 AM
thats awesome....as he pulls out and hears a loud BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG.. with each revolution of the tire.....the heart skips a beat as a the voice in his head is screaming "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!!!"

Old 05-07-2008, 10:55 AM

So back to the original question, wash your truck and then wax it, and it will be OK.
I'm paying for my truck my own self while going to school and then working. Just because you couldn't afford anything doesn't mean the OP or I can't.

And btw to the OP.. This year we've had a jack... mess with everyones cars. He would take the windshield wipers off when it was raining, let air out of the tires, etc. He's a real jerk to me, but man he never had the ***** to touch my truck. He wrote on my windows last year, and then i drove around all afternoon chasing that kid.

It helps to be respected, espically when someone knows you have a short fuse and won't mind beating the living crap out of them!

Old 05-07-2008, 11:16 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Les22
thats awesome....as he pulls out and hears a loud BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG.. with each revolution of the tire.....the heart skips a beat as a the voice in his head is screaming "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!!!"
No the funny thing is the ball doesn't squish barely. It just makes the truck lift up every time the tennis ball hits the ground.

Quick Reply: Question - Coca Cola on Paint