Microfiber wash mitt

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 12:30 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess that's where my swirls are coming from ... I honestly thought it was from my drying towel. I've got the Meguiars Water Magnet. I guess I'll just give my endless supply of MFs to my girlfriend. She's got silver and she'll be excited.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:42 PM
I've used a water magnet twice b4 and I stopped by I felt that it was going to give me swirls. I've been using the absorber and I love it but I bought a Meguiars water magnet and 3 Meguiars MF mitts from Rick. I should receive them this Thursday. If you guys think that the mitts or waffle towel will cause swirling please let me know. Im willing to sell this items to someone via USPS, free shipping.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:44 PM
Suspended
I don't think the Water Magnet will cause swirling unless it gets dirty. I keep mine clean and only let it drag across the surface. I don't put any pressure on it. I also blow my vehicles off with the blower. I only use the Water Magnet for a little touch up after the blower.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Based on my personal experience, I will never again use a MF mit to wash any of my vehicles... About a year ago, I purchased a Meg's MF mit. I went home, gave it a good washing, and then proceeded to use it to wash my truck. I was very careful in using it (using 2-bucket method, etc). After drying, I immediately noticed swirl marks that were NOT there previously. In my mind, the MF mit was 100% to blame.

As for the Meg's Water Magnet, mine has gotten a little hard/stiff after a half-dozen or so washes. It just doesn't feel very soft at all, although I can't say that I've ever noticed any swirls as a result of it. Anyway, I now use the WM only for glass, wheels, bumpers, etc. I use one of the large gold Viking MF's for drying.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by bamorris2
Based on my personal experience, I will never again use a MF mit to wash any of my vehicles... About a year ago, I purchased a Meg's MF mit. I went home, gave it a good washing, and then proceeded to use it to wash my truck. I was very careful in using it (using 2-bucket method, etc). After drying, I immediately noticed swirl marks that were NOT there previously. In my mind, the MF mit was 100% to blame.

As for the Meg's Water Magnet, mine has gotten a little hard/stiff after a half-dozen or so washes. It just doesn't feel very soft at all, although I can't say that I've ever noticed any swirls as a result of it. Anyway, I now use the WM only for glass, wheels, bumpers, etc. I use one of the large gold Viking MF's for drying.
Does ADS have the viking Drying towel. I feel like an azz. I ordere the Meg's MF was mitts (11.97) and the water magnet (13.98) that's $25.35 wasted. Well, maybe. Im not going to use the meg's mf towels on my rims and as far as the WM goes im not 100% sure about it. I hate wasting money.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Suspended
Easy, PMason don't jump to conclussions so quickly. The Water Magnet isn't a waste. Use it, I still use it, just use it carefully. Don't try to rub it it into the paint. Eventually it's going to need to be tossed but it should last quite a while. bamorris2 never said it was found to be the result of any swirls. Sounds like we've got your head spinning and you're a little nervous about all of this.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Easy, PMason don't jump to conclussions so quickly. The Water Magnet isn't a waste. Use it, I still use it, just use it carefully. Don't try to rub it it into the paint. Eventually it's going to need to be tossed but it should last quite a while. bamorris2 never said it was found to be the result of any swirls. Sounds like we've got your head spinning and you're a little nervous about all of this.
Correct. If you just bought a few Water Magnets, I'd use them with confidence. Like I said, it just seems to of gotten a little "unsoft" lately, after repeated uses and washing/drying cycles. And who knows, maybe my washing and drying of the towels made them that way. Regardless, they do work quite well for drying. And again, especially since they're brand new, I'd definately use them for several months before I'd even start to worry. Even then, just be careful like Thumper said.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:46 PM
ok, sounds good. What about the Meg's MF wash mitts? I bought the 3 pack for $11.97. I dont mind using them for my wheels as long as you guys dont think they wil scratch them. I know now that you guys dont recommend using them on the truck. Which mitt was it that Rock Pick recommended. I clicked on that link but Im unsure as to which one it is. Name and price would help this OCD for Dummies, lol.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:21 PM
Suspended
He's talking about the SM Wool Wash Mitt. It's like $23 for 3 mitts. I'm going to stop using the Meguiars MF now.

Quick Reply: Microfiber wash mitt