D Line Soaps?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 11:02 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
To my recollection -- mind you, I've only used it a handfull of times (had a small sample of it and tried it there in Irvine)...

It's pretty viscous. Much thicker than, say, Gold Class or similar.

Lots of suds, low lubrication. Smells great, to my recollection, but, they've changed the formulation (which snubbed the smell, I believe).

It's a pretty good bang for the buck for a volume guy but, even getting 80+ buckets o' wash out of the one bottle, it's still not what I'd spend my hard earned buck on...

Old 05-05-2008, 11:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wait a minute... low lubricity? That's odd... Maybe I am crazy, but I was thinking slickness was half the battle?

The viscosity is a problem... The thinner it is, the easier to measure... I dunno, if you dont have it, there must not me a need for me to have it...

But Super soap got good reviews outta you... After I finish off the gallon of GC and 1/2 gallon of NXT wash, I may be getting super soap, if I dont get PB Slick and Suds...

I just realized how infectious JP and his PB Bigotry is...

Old 05-06-2008, 08:03 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PB Super Slick is a good shampoo. I have it and do, on occasion, use it.

I do like Super Soap (goofy name though). A gallon for $13 isn't too shabby, IMO.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:03 PM
Suspended
Well I just placed a order and it came clost to $300 with shipping. Oh boy..

Old 05-06-2008, 07:44 PM
esf
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
As far as the interior question, I'm asking about a dressing or the like. I've heard people using Hyperdressing diluted but I'm not too keen on that because I know it's going to make the chrome pieces etc very streaky and I'll need to follow up behind it. I really like the Meguiars Interior Quick Detailer because it just cleans and makes it look new, not overly shiny like some good ole' Amorall. However, I like the Meguiars Dash Foam too because it gives it a little bit of gloss. So is there anything that is in between there? Even if I have to venture out into another product line-up.
I used to love the Meguiars Dash Foam. I'd still use it if I had any. When I started using Adam's Polishes, and I used their VRT, I pretty much fell in love with the look. It's not really shiney and it is completely dry to the touch. I use it on my steering wheel and have never had any problems yet. I use it on all of m exterior plastic as well. The foam blocks that Adam's sells are an awesome way to apply it. Since Adam's is really Chemical Guys I guess I'll throw up their link to VRT. Chemical Guys Extreme VRP Adam's calls it VRT, Chemical guys call it VRP (VRP makes more sense.)

Last edited by esf; 05-06-2008 at 07:49 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:53 PM
Suspended
I haven't looked at the link but can you get it in a large quanity? I didn't order anything for the interior stuff yet, bulk wise. I've got a bunch of cans of Dash Foam and a bunch of bottles of Quick Interior Detailer.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:11 AM
I have been pleased with the super soap in the Gilmore Foam gun ..

as for the interior .. I like the look VRT gives.

Old 05-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Thump, I would highly recommend Optimum Protectant Plus (New Formula)...there is somethign about the smell that i really like and the shine is pretty low and the best thing is that it seems to coat very well after my clean MF wipedown, no streaks and lasts a long time..i love it

Old 05-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Gipraw
I have been pleased with the super soap in the Gilmore Foam gun ..
I hope I like it because $60+ for the DP Foam Gun Shampoo isn't cheap !!

Old 05-07-2008, 07:56 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by RockPick
Most folks won't take the time to measure something that precise out but will rather plop a blob or two in a bucket and go to town. Using that 'plop the blob' method, one would probably create a caustic solution that could strip wax. Using your scenario, you're up around 35% too much soap in your mix.
I'll confess, I'm a 'plop a blobber'...lol.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:38 PM
esf
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
I haven't looked at the link but can you get it in a large quanity? I didn't order anything for the interior stuff yet, bulk wise. I've got a bunch of cans of Dash Foam and a bunch of bottles of Quick Interior Detailer.
You can get it by the gallon. A little goes a long way though with it. Especially if you apply it with the sponges Adam sells. I don't remember seeing the sponges on Chemical Guy's website though. I just like them because it applys the product really uniform and it's easy to control so you don't get it where you don't want it. The link I posted was for the 16oz bottle. I posted the gallon link first then changed it because I figured if you've never used a product before, then you probably don't won't to buy a ton of it up front until you know you like it.

VRT - Gallon size
VRT 16oz size
Detailing Sponges
Detail sponges in action (conditioning leather but used the same for VRT)

Old 05-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Suspended
Thanks for the links and for the information. I'll have to give it a try. I just spent close to $300 so I need to wait a little while before I make another order. I need to get the Flex and new pads that Rick is going to be getting as well as a few other little things.

Does AutoGeek.net by chance sell Chemical Guys stuff? I'll look later when I get a chance but do you know off the top of your head?

Old 05-07-2008, 10:00 PM
esf
I only browsed through Autogeek a couple of times and didn't see any Chemical Guys stuff. But liek I said, I only browsed literally a couple times. I spent over $500 last week on detailing stuff from a few different places. I know how you feel. And now I'm thinking about going back to Chemical Guys site because I really want to try their 5050 wax and Petes 53. But 5050 is almost $50 and Pete's is around $35. After shipping it's like another $100 so I'm trying to fight the urge.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:13 AM
No AG does not sell CG

I have purchased stuff from CG for about the last three years and never had any issues. My stuff always arrives within a few day.

Quick Reply: D Line Soaps?