D Line Soaps?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D Line Soaps?

I use DP's Foam Gun Shampoo for the vehicle's paint and on personal vehicles. However I keep Meguiars Gold Class in gallons on hand for everything else. Tips, wheels, fender wells, etc. The DP soap is way too expensive to be using it for everything else.What soap in the D-Line is similar to Gold Class? I've been meaning to pick up the APC, is it worth it? I figure it'd be worth it for wheel wells, frames, etc? Am I correct?

Also is there anything in the D-Line that is good for interiors? I've been using Meguiars Quick Detail and the Dash Foam but I want something that I can buy in a larger quantity.

Thanks in advanced guys !!

Old 05-03-2008, 08:02 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
What soap in the D-Line is similar to Gold Class?
I'd give the nod to Super Soap. I haven't been playing with it for a long time but, so far, I'm very impressed. It's very slick, smells wonderful, and offers great suds.

I am not a fan of Shampoo Plus (might be my water quality) and I stand firm that no driveway detailer (me included) should have the need to go to a 400:1 dilution rate with Hyper Wash...

I've been meaning to pick up the APC, is it worth it? I figure it'd be worth it for wheel wells, frames, etc? Am I correct?
APC or Body Solvent (for higher grunge) may be a great option here.

Also is there anything in the D-Line that is good for interiors? I've been using Meguiars Quick Detail and the Dash Foam but I want something that I can buy in a larger quantity.
Uhh, cleaning or finishing? For cleaning, APC+ at a higher (weaker) dilution is great for interior cleaning. What many here have forgotten is that the '+' is actually a fabric softener component. While it'll work great on a white lettered tire or on a door jamb that has a tad of grunge, it works great as a spot remover on carpet and also on upholstry (I keep a secondary bottle of it in the house for spot cleaning on the furniture and carpet).

Honestly, I like the 'old' version of APC+ better than the new one but, the new one isn't too shabby either.

Old 05-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Suspended
Alright that sounds good. I don't think I'll need to go with anything more 'potent' than APC unless it's someone else's vehicle. But as of lately, I'm not doing anyone's vehicle besides mine, my girl's, and my mom's.

As far as the interior question, I'm asking about a dressing or the like. I've heard people using Hyperdressing diluted but I'm not too keen on that because I know it's going to make the chrome pieces etc very streaky and I'll need to follow up behind it. I really like the Meguiars Interior Quick Detailer because it just cleans and makes it look new, not overly shiny like some good ole' Amorall. However, I like the Meguiars Dash Foam too because it gives it a little bit of gloss. So is there anything that is in between there? Even if I have to venture out into another product line-up.

Last edited by ThumperMX113; 05-03-2008 at 08:36 PM.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:50 PM
Moderator &

In bulk, I'd point you towards PRO's 'Wipe On' product. It's low-gloss and is very easy on... it spreads well. Prowax.com

Old 05-03-2008, 09:08 PM
Suspended
Alright, sounds good. I appreciate the insight. Does ProWax have any other products that I should try?

Old 05-03-2008, 09:11 PM
Try this for the foam gun works great.

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Car_Wash..._p/cws_101.htm

The only product I have found that I like on the Mustangs interior is PB Trim Restorer.
I apply it wiht a MF Sponge then buff off after a few minutes with a MF Towel.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Suspended
Thanks for the link, I wanted to try something different after I'm done with this gallon of DP. It works amazing but it's just too expensive. $70 for a gallon of soap is damn pricey.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Thump, I have the DP and Super soap. I use 1 oz of super soap 24oz water in the foam "cannon" and the suds are great. Very slick. Try it, you wont be dissapointed. I got a gallon with the pump so it works great. One pump is really close to an ounce.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:39 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by cufootn
Thump, I have the DP and Super soap. I use 1 oz of super soap 24oz water in the foam "cannon" and the suds are great. Very slick. Try it, you wont be dissapointed. I got a gallon with the pump so it works great. One pump is really close to an ounce.
Wait a second, you're putting 24oz of water and 1 oz of soap in the foam gun !? Everything I've read said 4-6 oz of water with 3-4 oz of soap for the full foam setting. But I will try the Super Soap in it.

Old 05-04-2008, 01:11 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
I'd give the nod to Super Soap. I haven't been playing with it for a long time but, so far, I'm very impressed. It's very slick, smells wonderful, and offers great suds.
Good to know... this may be on the next order...

I am not a fan of Shampoo Plus (might be my water quality) and I stand firm that no driveway detailer (me included) should have the need to go to a 400:1 dilution rate with Hyper Wash...
Hmmm...I have decided that on the next order I was going to get the sampler size of Hyper wash... Below the quote is the conversion all worked out to show that it is reasonable (and I just wanna try it

APC or Body Solvent (for higher grunge) may be a great option here.
I love APC and APC+...I hear great things about Body solvent (I wanna abbreviate, but it looks bad...), thus it is also in the next order.

Uhh, cleaning or finishing? For cleaning, APC+ at a higher (weaker) dilution is great for interior cleaning. What many here have forgotten is that the '+' is actually a fabric softener component. While it'll work great on a white lettered tire or on a door jamb that has a tad of grunge, it works great as a spot remover on carpet and also on upholstry (I keep a secondary bottle of it in the house for spot cleaning on the furniture and carpet). YAY FOR APC+!!! I love it, and do the same house thing...

Honestly, I like the 'old' version of APC+ better than the new one but, the new one isn't too shabby either. Did the old one have the harsh quality to it when inhaled as opposed to what I have (smells like oranges...I wanna drink it with Sprite...)??? I think I have the new one...No wonder it doesnt perform like it did when I used JP's stash!!!
Since 2.6 gallons = 400 oz, 1 ounce of Hyper wash to 2.6 gallons of water is pretty easy... Especially considering that in a 5 gallon bucket you never fill it all the way, so if you are the nerd like me (with a Dixie cup pre-marked for measured out amounts of soap per size of container), then this is no big deal...

Just my thoughts...

Old 05-04-2008, 01:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Does ProWax have any other products that I should try?
I swear by their Wheelie Clean. It makes short work of wheels and tires, especially considering how badly our trucks create brake dust. For vehicles that are washed at least bi-weekly, just spray it on the wheels and tires, let it sit for a minute or so, and rinse off with a strong stream of water. Takes off virtually all the brake dust and road grime. Highly recommended.

Old 05-04-2008, 10:02 AM
Suspended
Is the D-Line Leather Cleaner/Conditioner any good?

Old 05-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Moderator &

Is the D-Line Leather Cleaner/Conditioner any good?
In my honest opinion, average.

Again, designed for bulk use and thus, this is one of those products that you get the bulk-use feel from using it. In short, it was fine but, I'd much rather splurge on something that is a nicer product.

FWIW, Thump -- you might check out FK1's 1016 Poly Wash. It's not cheap though...

Old 05-05-2008, 09:16 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by f-150sport03
Since 2.6 gallons = 400 oz, 1 ounce of Hyper wash to 2.6 gallons of water is pretty easy... Especially considering that in a 5 gallon bucket you never fill it all the way, so if you are the nerd like me (with a Dixie cup pre-marked for measured out amounts of soap per size of container), then this is no big deal...

Just my thoughts...

Actually, 2.6 gallons of water = approx. 333 ounces of water.

Most would use about 4 gallons of water in a 5 gallon bucket (or, pretty close -- let's assume for this example)...

So, 4 gallons = 512 ounces ...

512 ounces of water using the 400:1 ratio for HW would be 1.28 ounces.

Most folks won't take the time to measure something that precise out but will rather plop a blob or two in a bucket and go to town. Using that 'plop the blob' method, one would probably create a caustic solution that could strip wax. Using your scenario, you're up around 35% too much soap in your mix.

But, to your point, you're one of the few nerds (I'm right there with you bud) that would take the time to measure it out. It is fairly simple but, after using this stuff first hand before it was on the market and seeing the precision weight volume of what it took to fill the 5-gallon bucket, this really isn't a good shampoo for the average driveway detailer... again though, JMO.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Actually, 2.6 gallons of water = approx. 333 ounces of water.

Most would use about 4 gallons of water in a 5 gallon bucket (or, pretty close -- let's assume for this example)...

So, 4 gallons = 512 ounces ...

512 ounces of water using the 400:1 ratio for HW would be 1.28 ounces.

Most folks won't take the time to measure something that precise out but will rather plop a blob or two in a bucket and go to town. Using that 'plop the blob' method, one would probably create a caustic solution that could strip wax. Using your scenario, you're up around 35% too much soap in your mix.

But, to your point, you're one of the few nerds (I'm right there with you bud) that would take the time to measure it out. It is fairly simple but, after using this stuff first hand before it was on the market and seeing the precision weight volume of what it took to fill the 5-gallon bucket, this really isn't a good shampoo for the average driveway detailer... again though, JMO.
Hey now, that was just an estimate... It was after midnight when I tried to do mental math...

Anyway, I am definitely not a plop and blol guy as you said, and take the time to measure (and yes, I would use a converter to make sure I got the #'s absolutely right... ) out exact amounts...

How did you like its performance, though?

Honestly, I was interested in it out of a cost-effectiveness standpoint, plus it looks like fun... Maybe the inner chemist in me wants to play with powerful chemicals...Maybe the engineer in me wants to play with conversions...maybe the car nerd just liked the novelty of it.... I dunno. But I want to try it unless it ends up not being good stuff...

Oh-- how viscous is it?

Quick Reply: D Line Soaps?