Old 05-04-2008, 02:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black Hole

quick question i think i got it right though my routine is

Wash with gold class
clay-megs consumer
paint cleaner/scratch x-megs
Black hole-polishing pad on 4??
Do i need another product here? i have a megs polish(consumer step 2) i also have some #7 need help here!!!!
Nxt by hand 2 times 12hr intervals
1 coat Caranuba by hand 24 hr after nxt.

If some one can fill in my blanks and give me some pointers please. thanks in advance

Last edited by sal150; 05-04-2008 at 02:24 AM.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by sal150
quick question i think i got it right though my routine is

Wash with gold class
clay-megs consumer
paint cleaner/scratch x-megs
Black hole-polishing pad on 4??
Do i need another product here? i have a megs polish(consumer step 2) i also have some #7 need help here!!!!
Nxt by hand 2 times 12hr intervals
1 coat Caranuba by hand 24 hr after nxt.

If some one can fill in my blanks and give me some pointers please. thanks in advance
PB black hole is not a polish, it's a glaze however, that being said, it was designed to give you a "in between" full detail product and as a glaze. It does have some concealing properties to it

Looks like you are doing a full detail, so that in mind, the process should be:

wash
clay
polish
glaze
seal
LSP

Based on your list, you don't have a polish step. Add that after clay and you are good to go. Not sure about using the Megs two step stuff, haven't used that in years.

JP

Old 05-04-2008, 09:57 AM
Suspended
JP hit the nail on the head.

Old 05-04-2008, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
PB black hole is not a polish, it's a glaze however, that being said, it was designed to give you a "in between" full detail product and as a glaze. It does have some concealing properties to it

wash
clay
polish (ssr1 or 2.5?)
glaze (blackhole)
seal (EX sealant)
LSP (natty's blue)

i'm getting ready to do this. sound like the right products?

Old 05-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by Big Slick
i'm getting ready to do this. sound like the right products?
Yep. For the polishing step I presume you were going to use SSR 1 first to see if it would cut it, then if not move to 2.5. Note, though, that after 2.5 you will have to follow up with the SSR1.

You did forget a crucial step first then again last-- TAKING PICTURES!!!

Good luck, and be sure to let us know about the results

Old 05-04-2008, 07:18 PM

wash
clay
polish
glaze
seal
LSP

Based on your list, you don't have a polish step. Add that after clay and you are good to go. Not sure about using the Megs two step stuff, haven't used that in years.

JP
Thank you very much Jp but one question is a basic megs polish enough and everything else im doing is correct right. cause its my first detail that im going to remove swirls and what not and gotta say my truck is pretty bad all swirls though not chips.

Last edited by sal150; 05-04-2008 at 07:22 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Thank you very much Jp but one question is a basic megs polish enough and everything else im doing is correct right. cause its my first detail that im going to remove swirls and what not and gotta say my truck is pretty bad all swirls though not chips.
Maybe one of the guys with more megs experince can jump in here. When you say basic megs, what is that? Like #80? or the do you mean the cleaner/wax combo product ?

Old 05-04-2008, 07:43 PM
i guess what im trying to get out of one of you guys is a good procedure to fix my imperfections such as swirls nad get my rich color back. it would help to tell you that the truck is black. thanks alot guys

Old 05-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Suspended
i guess what im trying to get out of one of you guys is a good procedure to fix my imperfections such as swirls nad get my rich color back. it would help to tell you that the truck is black. thanks alot guys
JP just gave you the proper procedure ..

Old 05-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
Yep. For the polishing step I presume you were going to use SSR 1 first to see if it would cut it, then if not move to 2.5. Note, though, that after 2.5 you will have to follow up with the SSR1.

You did forget a crucial step first then again last-- TAKING PICTURES!!!

Good luck, and be sure to let us know about the results
thanks. yep it's like sanding, right? if the lower grits don't work well, try the higher and move lower until you get the finish you want. i just ordered my PB kit with the 7424. the pad selection thing has me a little confused. i just want to know what to use and when.

Old 05-04-2008, 09:47 PM
Are there two conversations here? hard to track...

Ok...to your question...what products and pads do you have?

Old 05-04-2008, 10:23 PM
Are there two conversations here? hard to track...

Ok...to your question...what products and pads do you have?
Wow im sorry jp that was wierd i checked the thread before and i got no answer sorry okay i have
Gold Class wash
Megs paint cleaner
megs polish
megs scratch x
pb black hole
nxt 2.0
mothers carnauba
me and my friend split a da he has all the pads i know their all megs but not sure which ones. also i was just about to purchase ssr3 and PB EXp should i purchase them.

Old 05-04-2008, 10:38 PM
Wow im sorry jp that was wierd i checked the thread before and i got no answer sorry okay i have
Gold Class wash
Megs paint cleaner
megs polish
megs scratch x
pb black hole
nxt 2.0
mothers carnauba
me and my friend split a da he has all the pads i know their all megs but not sure which ones. also i was just about to purchase ssr3 and PB EXp should i purchase them.
Does your cleaner and polish look like these?

Also, find out which pads he has... it makes a difference...

And, note that if you use SSR3, you need to follow it with SSR1 or some other light abrasive. SSR3 is pretty gritty, so you will need to remove the haze it causes.

I LOVE EX-P, so I would definitely recommend it... Although if you are trying to save $$$, the NXT 2.0 is also a sealant, so you could snub the EX-P and use NXT instead... Follow whichever one you use with the Mothers Carnauba-- just wait about an hour if using EX-P or 10 hours if using NXT.

Old 05-04-2008, 11:16 PM
F150sport hit it pretty good, but honestly, without a close up photo in the light of what you are dealing with its hard for me to tell you which SSR's to get.

If budget is no option get them all. If you are wanting to get in to PB products EX-P should be a staple product to own so should PB PP. (Pro Polish)

the must have from PB's are

SSR1
PP
EX-P
pending color, WD or BH
Any Nattys unless you have a fav LSP already.

Those would be equal to Megs #80, #07 and NXT (I think) and then #26

Old 05-04-2008, 11:20 PM
And, note that if you use SSR3, you need to follow it with SSR1 or some other light abrasive. SSR3 is pretty gritty, so you will need to remove the haze it causes.

I LOVE EX-P, so I would definitely recommend it... Although if you are trying to save $$$, the NXT 2.0 is also a sealant, so you could snub the EX-P and use NXT instead... Follow whichever one you use with the Mothers Carnauba-- just wait about an hour if using EX-P or 10 hours if using NXT.[/QUOTE]

Yes those are the products Thank you very very much i think i got everything i need and everything to calm my ocd. oh the pads came with the DA im assuming there cheap (6" DA White Foam Waxing Pad
6" DA Black Foam Finish Pad
6" DA Yellow Foam Cutting Pad) the kid i went half with dosent care so much about his product choice. i guess im going to need some pointers on pads now. im gonna go with the lc's just tell me which ones thankss soo much guys this is really helping.

Quick Reply: Black Hole