should i follow this procedure?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 06:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know the best part? You are not afraid to show the direct sun-shot. Typically that is where we see stuff gone wrong/incorrectly... But yours looks AMAZING!!! Same for the shop-light pics. Glad to see you taped off, too!!!!

trim loos great, BUT... you forgot to dress your wheel wells

Also-- here is a question for anyone:

I noticed he doesnt dress his step rails. I was wondering if there is a product that dresses the plastic on those that is not slick to the point of being danger-prohibitive. I was going to dress the steps of my Dad's truck, but I didnt want him or my mom to fall off the rails because they were too slick. I would be fine with slickness because I am young, but I was just wondering...

Black Wow is far too slick... I havent tried HD, but at the 4:1 ratio I use it, I think that's still a bit slick... Any input? Thanks!!!

Old 05-18-2008, 06:21 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'd have to say... that's a KILLER turn out. Are you happy with it?

IMO, that's one of the best outcomes using the 'tried and true' Deep Crystal 3-step system. It really looks good...

I respect the heck out of folks when they belly up to the bar with the direct sun reflection shot...

Heck of a nice job, man!

Old 05-18-2008, 06:27 PM
RP-- any thoughts on the step dressing question? (see my prev. post)

Agreed-- those who post the direct sun shot are deserving of some serious respect.

Old 05-18-2008, 08:49 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry, R.... I missed that.

I'm not sure I've found a good proudct that isn't slick. The problem is the silicone content of most dressings... For this exact reason, I'm very careful as to where dressing will go and where it will not go on a detailed vehicle. I treat side steps and running boards like brake pedals most all of the time. I'll explain this to a customer when they're dropping off... all seem to totally understand and concur.

Also, I wasn't going to point out the wells as so many have called me a wheel well ****. LOL! Sounds like maybe you need to grow the funky little mustache now and high-step with a bottle of Hyper Dressing at 4:1.

Old 05-18-2008, 08:58 PM
Very nice job .. that truck really pops.

Originally Posted by f-150sport03
RP-- any thoughts on the step dressing question? (see my prev. post)
My step dressing of choice was Adam's In & Out spray .. but it is being reformulated. I just picked up some CG's Fade 2 Black, so I will seee how happy I am with it.. should be the same stuff.

The In & Out works great .. easy to use .. isn't real long lasting, but it looks good, and has a zero slickness factor when it gets wet..

Old 05-18-2008, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Sorry, R.... I missed that.

I'm not sure I've found a good proudct that isn't slick. The problem is the silicone content of most dressings... For this exact reason, I'm very careful as to where dressing will go and where it will not go on a detailed vehicle. I treat side steps and running boards like brake pedals most all of the time. I'll explain this to a customer when they're dropping off... all seem to totally understand and concur.

Also, I wasn't going to point out the wells as so many have called me a wheel well ****. LOL! Sounds like maybe you need to grow the funky little mustache now and high-step with a bottle of Hyper Dressing at 4:1.
No worries-- I'm sure with as many posts you have to read its easy to miss...

Anywho, good to know... Thus far, I just scrub them really well... Glad to know its a good option. Gip-- thanks for the input. Once I google the price, I may/may not get any... we'll see...

Hey, Wheel wells make the truck complete.... I showed a friend this transformation on his Buick yesterday, and I have to say, he was VERY impressed. Once you pop, you cant stop... I cant not dress the wheel wells now-- they look filthy if I dont!!!

Thanks again for the responses!

Old 05-19-2008, 05:45 AM
thanks guys ...now i gotta go do they wheel wells whats the best way?

Old 05-19-2008, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
I'd have to say... that's a KILLER turn out. Are you happy with it?

IMO, that's one of the best outcomes using the 'tried and true' Deep Crystal 3-step system. It really looks good...

I respect the heck out of folks when they belly up to the bar with the direct sun reflection shot...

Heck of a nice job, man!
yes i'm very happy and i love my pc DA lol not bad for a first timer lol

Quick Reply: should i follow this procedure?