Hyperdressing Ratio ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 10:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HD 4:1 or 3:1

I just received my first gallon of Hyper Dressing and im excited as hell. Its about 10:27 eastern time and Im thinking about going outside after this post to wash my truck. I do have 1 question. What is the advantage or dis-advantage of going 3:1 over 4:1. If someone has a picture of their truck using the 3:1 ratio that would be great for me to see. Thanks

Old 05-08-2008, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by pmason718
I just received my first gallon of Hyper Dressing and im excited as hell. Its about 10:27 eastern time and Im thinking about going outside after this post to wash my truck. I do have 1 question. What is the advantage or dis-advantage of going 3:1 over 4:1. If someone has a picture of their truck using the 3:1 ratio that would be great for me to see. Thanks
Congrats....honestly I don't think you will see much difference in those two..

and to be more honest, I mix by feel now...I have the pump, so when it gets low, I pump product in the bottle and use filtered water...I think that does make a difference.

Have fun!!!

Old 05-08-2008, 10:39 PM
Suspended
Pmason, I'd go with at least 2:1 for your first bottle especially if you plan to use it on the tires. I use 1:1 on my tires and 3:1 on everything else.

How much of a difference does the filtered water make? What exactly does it do?

Old 05-08-2008, 10:59 PM
Thanks fella's. I feel like a kid at christmas. What else can I use HD on besides the black plastic parts and my tires?

Old 05-08-2008, 11:19 PM
Suspended
Frame, Wheel Wells, Axles, Etc.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Frame, Wheel Wells, Axles, Etc.
and extension cords, lol

Old 05-10-2008, 12:26 PM
esf
I used Hyper Dressing for the first time today. I'm really not all that impressed so far. I washed my Expedition and dried it off. I didn't plan on going crazy on it today because for one they're calling for showers today and two I plan on doing my moms Explorer then. So all I used it on was my wheel wells, tires and runing boards. I mixed two spray bottles up. One bottle was mixed 4:1 and the other 1:1. Oddly enough, they look very very similar. I didn't realize Hyper Dressing was so runny either. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I'm going to resize some pictures quick and post them.

Last edited by esf; 05-10-2008 at 12:29 PM.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:40 PM
esf
Here is the drivers side diluted 4:1.

Old 05-10-2008, 12:42 PM
esf
Passenger side diluted 1:1.

Old 05-10-2008, 01:09 PM
I didn't think you would see much difference.

Wait till the product drys...looks great.

What do you not like about it?

Old 05-10-2008, 02:14 PM
esf
Originally Posted by RollingRock
I didn't think you would see much difference.

Wait till the product drys...looks great.

What do you not like about it?
You might be thinking of the guy who posted earlier wondering between 3:1 and 4:1. I'm talking 1:1 and 4:1. You still don't think there would be much of a difference? The product is dry on the tires and running boards. I just sprayed it again in the wheel wells because I missed a couple spots. That's why they're still a bit wet. I got impatient waiting to take pictures.

It's a bit too runny for my liking. Maybe I'm not applying it right? I sprayed it on the tires and let it sit for a few minutes. Then wiped and blotted dry. The running boards I spritzed a bit down the entire running board and then wiped it with a microfiber applicator pad. The wheel wells I just sprayed and walked away. Maybe I was expecting too much based on all the hype from everyone? The end result is ok. I guess mostly I didn't like the application process too much. It's really difficult to control overspray. And I thought the difference between 4:1 and 1:1 would have been noticeable. I was hoping i would be something like Adam's Invisible Undercarriage spray but work good for tires and other plastics as well. I'm not done playing with it yet though. I'm not one to give up right away.

Old 05-10-2008, 02:39 PM
Im in the process of cleaning my truck today and using the HD for the first time. I havent put it on yet but I will try and get pics later today.

Old 05-10-2008, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by esf
You might be thinking of the guy who posted earlier wondering between 3:1 and 4:1. I'm talking 1:1 and 4:1. You still don't think there would be much of a difference? The product is dry on the tires and running boards. I just sprayed it again in the wheel wells because I missed a couple spots. That's why they're still a bit wet. I got impatient waiting to take pictures.

It's a bit too runny for my liking. Maybe I'm not applying it right? I sprayed it on the tires and let it sit for a few minutes. Then wiped and blotted dry. The running boards I spritzed a bit down the entire running board and then wiped it with a microfiber applicator pad. The wheel wells I just sprayed and walked away. Maybe I was expecting too much based on all the hype from everyone? The end result is ok. I guess mostly I didn't like the application process too much. It's really difficult to control overspray. And I thought the difference between 4:1 and 1:1 would have been noticeable. I was hoping i would be something like Adam's Invisible Undercarriage spray but work good for tires and other plastics as well. I'm not done playing with it yet though. I'm not one to give up right away.
Yes it is a liquid and it does run...make sure you use a good spray head to get coverage. I think the reason why you hear so much hype about HD is b/c its a great versatle product...as you can see you used in on most things that are black. You did the proper techique on the running boards, spray and wipe off, another method is to spray a MF down and use that....

I cannot say I have used it 1:1 but do tend mix it hot, I really just pump product and add water when the bottle is low don't really look at it.

I would wash down your driveway after using HD, keeps it from building up over time.

Sorry you don't like it as much.

I have to ask, did you clean the wheel wells prior to using HD? You get very different results if you don't clean them...but I am sure you knew that already.

Old 05-10-2008, 08:56 PM
esf
Originally Posted by RollingRock
Yes it is a liquid and it does run...make sure you use a good spray head to get coverage. I think the reason why you hear so much hype about HD is b/c its a great versatle product...as you can see you used in on most things that are black. You did the proper techique on the running boards, spray and wipe off, another method is to spray a MF down and use that....

I cannot say I have used it 1:1 but do tend mix it hot, I really just pump product and add water when the bottle is low don't really look at it.

I would wash down your driveway after using HD, keeps it from building up over time.

Sorry you don't like it as much.

I have to ask, did you clean the wheel wells prior to using HD? You get very different results if you don't clean them...but I am sure you knew that already.
Yes, I did clean the wheel wells and tires very well. Spray with Adam's All Purpose Cleaner and scrubbed with a stiff nylon brush.

I do realize it's a liquid, I guess I just expected it to cling a bit better to the surface. While I was out today, I got out of my truck to go into a store and decided to take a quick walk around the truck to check out how it looked. The side I used 1:1 was a shade darker than the 4:1. Both had a matte finish though.

I think the spray head I used was good. It was a new one I had just gotten in with my Chem Guys order. It's the 320CR Heavy Duty Chemical Resistant Sprayer. Sprays on very consistant from a fine mist to a stream.

I'm going to try it again tomorrow. I think I'll try letting it dry a bit longer before I wipe and blot the excess off.

It does have a pleasant smell to it.

Old 05-11-2008, 08:44 AM
I have a 32oz sample bottle of Hyperdressing coming, really curious to see how it stacks up to Turtle Wax f21 tire foam which seems to be a good and readily available alternative to Hyperdressing's uses (motor bay, wheel wells, etc).

Quick Reply: Hyperdressing Ratio ?