Hyperdressing Ratio ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you're the first person to not like Hyperdressing !! LOL

Seriously I love the way it goes on. I put a few sprays on a foam tire applicator and away I go. I go around the tire to apply it and than come back around a few more times to smooth it out and I'm done. I never do anything more than just spray my wheel wells and they always come out great. The best part about Hyperdressing is it doesn't have ANY fling.

Old 05-11-2008, 12:20 PM
esf
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
The best part about Hyperdressing is it doesn't have ANY fling.
This was obvious as soon as it dries. Flinging off isn't even a concern.

Aren't you the one that says you use 1:1 on the tires and 3:1 or something like that on everything else? Or was that someone else? If it was you, do you really notice a difference between 1:1 and 3:1?

I walked outside a bit earlier and walked around my car. Everything I hyperdressed looks good. It all looks the same but it looks good none the less. Did you see my tires? I don't think a tire applicator is going to work. Haha. Can't wait to get my new tires. Come on stimulus check! Wheel wells look great. Too bad there are yellow paint marks on the driver side front wheel well that weren't there yesterday when I cleaned them. Who does line striping on a Saturday? I don't even know where it happened. I do paving for a living so I can usually spot stuff like that. Whatever. Atleast it's only on the wheel well and nothing else like the paint.

Last edited by esf; 05-11-2008 at 12:23 PM.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by esf
This was obvious as soon as it dries. Flinging off isn't even a concern.

Aren't you the one that says you use 1:1 on the tires and 3:1 or something like that on everything else? Or was that someone else? If it was you, do you really notice a difference between 1:1 and 3:1?

I walked outside a bit earlier and walked around my car. Everything I hyperdressed looks good. It all looks the same but it looks good none the less. Did you see my tires? I don't think a tire applicator is going to work. Haha. Can't wait to get my new tires. Come on stimulus check!
Yes, that was me. I do notice a difference between the two. Well they do make big tire applicators. I used to use them on my 37s when I had my truck. They sell them at ADS, they're called Jumbo Foam Tire Applicators or the like.

Old 05-11-2008, 12:27 PM
esf
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Yes, that was me. I do notice a difference between the two. Well they do make big tire applicators. I used to use them on my 37s when I had my truck. They sell them at ADS, they're called Jumbo Foam Tire Applicators or the like.
It's not the size of the tire. It's the giant side lugs that are a pain to wipe around. They tend to eat foam applicators. Atleast the ones I tried to use when I applied VRT to the tires. I threw it out after one use. Granted it wasn't designed for tires either but rather interior work.

Old 05-11-2008, 01:20 PM
glc
Received 774 Likes on 715 Posts
You could try to use a paint brush to work it into the tires.

Old 05-11-2008, 02:37 PM
ok ok ok ok ok OKAY. I used HD for the first time and IM IN LOVE. I think I went with a 2:1 ratio (I think, I dont remember) and I love it. My truck is so fresh and so clean. If I get a chance today I will take some pics and upload them. A special thanks, goes to everyone who has helped me along the way.

PS, Thumper your the man.

Old 05-11-2008, 03:20 PM
Suspended
Haha, I appreciate it but a lot of people on here taught me a lot.

Old 05-11-2008, 06:14 PM
I know that. Alot of ppl on here also taught me. I truly appreciate that ppl chime in time after time topic after topic.

Old 05-16-2008, 04:24 PM
esf
So far, the Hyperdressing holds up very well. The tires still look very good. But I guess most of you guys expected that. I may not like the application so much but I definitely like it's lasting effect which is enough to keep me using it.

Old 05-16-2008, 04:29 PM
Suspended
I'm going to end up with four Hyperdressing bottles for each dilution ratio.

Right now I'm just using 1:1 and 3:1. 1:1 for tires and 3:1 for everything else like fender wells, etc.

Old 05-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by esf
So far, the Hyperdressing holds up very well. The tires still look very good. But I guess most of you guys expected that. I may not like the application so much but I definitely like it's lasting effect which is enough to keep me using it.
I almost predicted this post.

Knew you would come around....

JP

Old 05-16-2008, 04:43 PM
esf
Originally Posted by RollingRock

JP
Yeah whatever...

I'm just going to have to play around with different ways of applying it until I find a way I like. Atleast for the tires. And I still think the dilution rations are a load of crap, but maybe more time and experience with it will change my mind.

Old 05-16-2008, 04:47 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RollingRock

JP
You know though... it's a pretty easy prediction. It really is a kick-**** product... it's still atop my favorite favorites list.

Old 05-24-2008, 07:53 PM
Well I finally got to try my 32oz sample today. Used the 1:1 ratio and sprayed directly onto a cheap foam
sponge and then wiped it on the tires, flipped the sponge over to dry/wipe off excess. Cleaned the motor
bay with Engine Bright Gel and then rinsed with water and sprayed down with HD while still wet and then
buffed dry with a white shop rag:

Came out mint on my tires, looks prime, but not overly-done. Spraying directly onto a foam sponge allowed
for a nice even application with no overspray on the rims or pavement. I'd say it's better then f21 since
you can pick your own dilution ratios/look but f21 does an admirable job for motor bay detailing and is
readily availible without needing to order online. On the tires HD at 1:1 looks hands down better then f21.
f21 is probably identacle to HD at around 2:1/3:1. And holy grape smell batman! When I started spraying down
the motor I got hit with a pretty potent grape smell! lol. Anyway, yea HD is definetly a step up from f21,
but, f21 isn't a bad product or too far behind HD. I'll be using HD from now on. Since my truck does 146mph
stock off the showroom floor, should be a good test for fling off...hehe.

Old 05-24-2008, 09:17 PM
Suspended
Man those pictures look good but they need to be resized !!

Quick Reply: Hyperdressing Ratio ?