Detailing Humor? Tell your story here

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 12:31 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Armour All

When I was in High School I used Armour All on the outside of my 1979 Monte Carlo!................yes, on the paint!...............

Old 05-14-2008, 02:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On a couple of occasions I've witnessed someone washing their entire car with the windshield cleaning things at the gas station. One of the times it was either a BMW or Mercedes which appeared to be nearly new I thought about letting them know what a horrible thing they were doing but I couldn't.

Old 05-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dkstone05
On a couple of occasions I've witnessed someone washing their entire car with the windshield cleaning things at the gas station. One of the times it was either a BMW or Mercedes which appeared to be nearly new I thought about letting them know what a horrible thing they were doing but I couldn't.
ive seen that a few times

Old 07-20-2008, 01:28 PM
My first car, a 1953 olds rocket 88 with a bored and stroked 303 cid with three deuces and progressive linkage, Just got it and my license at 16. I forget the specs, but I couldn't keep the u-joints for destroying themselves for more than a week. One time I nailed it and the drive shaft flew out, shot across the street, slammed into the tires of a girl riding her bicycle and knocked her right to the ground. I could never get that thing looking good after a good wash. So I got some diesel fuel in a coffee can and used a rag and wiped the whole car down with it. It looked great for a couple days until the dust settled in, then all over again. I could change those u-joints in my sleep That big Ole heavy olds has some ***** but the u-joints where the weak link and I couldn't afford a paint job, so I got hosed and sold it to an x-friend.

Last edited by wrench007; 07-20-2008 at 01:33 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by dkstone05
On a couple of occasions I've witnessed someone washing their entire car with the windshield cleaning things at the gas station.
I did that on the old beater a few times...

Old 07-20-2008, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by Raptor05121
Had one guy (who uses dish soap to wash his car, go figure) tell me to use a ScotchBrite steel wool pad to remove the rust on my chrome rims
Eating at the local restaurant one day, the bartender was saying how she's not allowed to wash their cars any more. she kept saying that her husband was too busy to wash it (lives on a 1/4 mi rock driveway), so she decided to wash it with a "greenie". it took us about 5 minutes and for her to come back out of the kitchen with what she used to wash the car (scotchBrite pad). Apparently they had to have it painted/clear coated after she was done "detailing" it, go figure...

Old 07-21-2008, 06:08 PM
When I was in High School I can't tell you how many times I saw this happen. Kids would set their dirty binders or books on their hoods which were filthy with dust. Then they would go to pick it up but they would slide it to the edge of their car to get it, or they would lend a book to someone and slide it across their hood to the person on the other side

If only they knew haha

Quick Reply: Detailing Humor? Tell your story here