Have you seen 08' Stone Green ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by papichulo
that's the color of my truck. the wife says she can see the green in it. i think sh'e nuts. it looks brown to me. the best part of that color is the metallic in it.
It's not only the amount of the flake, it's the color it appears and the consistancy of it. It's as close to perfect as it gets for the huge amount of flake in the paint. It really gets noticed.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:58 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I like mine too....

Old 12-02-2008, 08:49 PM
Hey Wilzol.....

Welcome to the forum :-) Their are a lot of really friendly, and very knowledgable guys here.

Wow ! I made that post over 6 months ago.... before I even got my Stone Green truck ! Almost forgot I made it :-) In fact, I think I set the record for "most posts" before owning an F150 :-) ....and yes, I got clowned for that more than once :-)

Anyway, even after having my truck now for about 5 months, I've never had a second thought. I still LOVE Stone green. And, just as I had planned, it goes perfectly with my Mossy Oak Camo boat :-) (see sig)

And one more thing, you and I have a truck, which one will never see a bunch of, because Ford only started using this color, on the last year of the 04-08' body style.... Then, they cut production of the 08's earlier in the year, than they ever did, for any other year model {because of plumetting sales}

Yes, Ford is still offering Stone Green.... but the 09' is a whole different truck (which many do not feel is as good looking as our 08's I should add ;-)

So anyway, I believe Stone Green is one of the rarest colors for an 04-08' F150.

Take care of that beauty :-)

Peace,
Fish

Old 12-19-2008, 11:14 PM
If you want a real treat check your truck out in a parking lot at night with those bright lights like home depot, makes the flake come to life!

Old 12-25-2008, 02:25 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Nice combo with the camo rockers and boat -- looks great!

Old 12-30-2008, 01:21 PM
Hello ddellwo....

Thank you. It's all me. But I cannot lie to you.... I haven't actually done the rocker panels in Camo "yet". I do have the 3M Camo vinyl right here in my closet, but keep bouncing back and forth about whether to put in on.
The reason I put that for my sig photo, was so that I could see it a bunch of times and see whether I started liking it more, or less, in time.

The thing is, I think I like it more, with the boat behind it, and less, without.... and right now, the boat has not been behind it much, while in the Spring, the boat will be behind it all {litterally most of} the time. So maybe in a couple more months ?

Then I have a bunch of buddies who tell me, "No ! Don't do it ! It will look stupid. Lame. All bad"...... {but then a bunch of my buddies have 'white' trucks with chrome bumpers.... so what do they know ? ;-)

Peace,
Fish

Old 01-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is an interesting post...I too have Stone Greem (2008 F150 Lariet Screw). My truck looks just like Fish's. A couple of things:

1. WHen i saw it on the lot I was like WOW now that is a unique but nice color. I dont get the feeling that 5 years from now I will say...man what was I thinkin!? Dealer told me the color name and I did a double take and even said...are you SURE...its brown! Well its Stone Green....and I love it.

2. I got a parking ticket a few weeks ago. I purposely looked to see what the cop wrote on the ticket for description...sure enough under "Color" he wrote "green" I was like...man I woudl never write that as a general description unless its predominately green. Whadeva.

3. Fish....someone suggested to me that I look into black wheels. I totally blew it off and fugly. But your truck looks kind of cool. Do you have other photos of it?

About the camo panels.....if you love it so much, why not get the panels done in magnetic (somewhere like fast signs can make the panels and you can apply the vinyl to the panels.) so you can have it your way....camo when you have the boat in tow....no camo when you have no boat.

The panels are very cool looking and with the brown color of your truck...cough I mean green....the match is superb in your photo. But I have to say...with no boat, if I saw you I would be like...man he ruined that truck.

Magnets may seem cheesy, but in truth, I think it would work well.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:41 PM
No more of us? Is this an 2009 option?

Old 02-09-2009, 09:22 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice wheels...

Last edited by ARCuhTEK; 02-09-2009 at 10:36 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by Fish Chris
Thank you. It's all me. But I cannot lie to you.... I haven't actually done the rocker panels in Camo "yet".
Come on, get off the pot and do it!
Should come off if you decide you don't like it.

To the OP. I still love the Aspen green they put out in 04 (mine). The flake in it after a proper polishing looks like a candy.

Quick Reply: Have you seen 08' Stone Green ???