Have you seen 08' Stone Green ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 01:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you seen 08' Stone Green ???

in person ? One things for sure.... It's anything but green. {interestingly, green is my favorite color, but it just won't work with my styling ideas for my new truck}

Anyway about this not-green Stone green, I love it, both as a stand alone color, plus the fact that it should go well with my Mossy Oak rocker panels :-)

But now this is tripping me out a little > I was checking out the colors for the new 09's (which I totally don't like), and I first noticed that they brought Stone Green back..... But then I clicked on it, and now (at least on the website) it actually looked green !

Does it seem right, that they would change a color, to more closely resemble the previous name ??? (change a color, without changing the name ?)

I'll tell you, if my Stone Green 08' XLT came in, and it was anything other than the non-green Stone green, that I saw on the lot, I'd tell them to keep it. (since I haven't given them a nickel, I have that option).

Anyway, your thoughts ???

Fish

Old 05-14-2008, 08:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The colors on Ford's site are never what they look like in real life, other than black, white and red. I have seen a Stone Green and it is close to my Dark Stone color. It just has more green than brown in it.

Here is what they show on one site:

Here is what is on Ford's site:

Here is what it really looks like:

Here is a close-up of my Dark Stone:

Old 05-14-2008, 11:05 AM
Thank you BlueFlareside....

Yea, looking at all the different photos on the Ford websites, one would thinmk they were looking at 9 different colors ! :-) LOL

The actual shot you showed in front of the dealership, is the closest to what I remember. Of course even still, there is the difference between cameras, monitors, etc.

Anyway, I have to believe that Stone Green is still the same Stone Green.

But hey BlueFlareside, you actually see a green tint to it ? I don't, but maybe its just me....

Peace,
Fish

Old 05-14-2008, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by Fish Chris
But hey BlueFlareside, you actually see a green tint to it ? I don't, but maybe its just me....

Peace,
Fish
Yes, i do. I have seen a couple in person and next to my truck you can really see the green in the paint.

Old 05-14-2008, 02:56 PM
Its not a primary green, kind of a hunter green mixed with grey and brown. I like it.

Old 05-14-2008, 04:14 PM
I really like that stone green. It would have to be my 2nd favorite behind the Dark Stone. I have a question for you guys about fixing small scratches and scrapes on my truck. I have on 07 Dark Stone and I have acquirred a few scratches in the past year. I went to AutoZone, O'Reilly's etc. and they carry the Duplicolor 2in1 scratchfix products, but they do not have one for Dark Stone. I was wondering if any other company besides Duplicolor makes a product like this that would have Dark Stone or if anyone has any other solutions for me. I really appreciate any info!

Old 05-14-2008, 04:48 PM
I was in Long island New york this past weekend and i happen to go past a HUGE ford dealer and outside on their turn table was this Green with Brown 08 it was diffrent and cool and it wasnt the color shown in the first post it was more of a deeper green.

Old 05-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Hmmmm....

Ford used to have a color called dark or medium Sage, and it was bad ***, but that was 3 or 4 years ago. I always loved that color, and wished I could have a truck with that paint.....

I've seen all of the stock 08' colors, and the closest to green, would be the Stone Green.... But you say that wasn't it ? Maybe custom paint then, huh ?

But my new Stone Green one should work better for my purposes anyway.

Peace,
Fish

PS, BTW BlueFlareside, your Dark Stone is some awesome freaking paint which would have worked great for me too..... But I was one year late. Oh well.

Last edited by Fish Chris; 05-14-2008 at 07:11 PM.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by ostate4life
I really like that stone green. It would have to be my 2nd favorite behind the Dark Stone. I have a question for you guys about fixing small scratches and scrapes on my truck. I have on 07 Dark Stone and I have acquirred a few scratches in the past year. I went to AutoZone, O'Reilly's etc. and they carry the Duplicolor 2in1 scratchfix products, but they do not have one for Dark Stone. I was wondering if any other company besides Duplicolor makes a product like this that would have Dark Stone or if anyone has any other solutions for me. I really appreciate any info!
I have not found any. I have a huge touch-up bottle from when I bought my ARE lid so I have used that on just one very small scratch.

Have you gone to ford to see if they have it in a similar bottle to the 2in1?

Old 05-14-2008, 11:01 PM
[QUOTE=Fish Chris;3207511]Ford used to have a color called dark or medium Sage, and it was bad ***, but that was 3 or 4 years ago. I always loved that color, and wished I could have a truck with that paint.....

I've seen all of the stock 08' colors, and the closest to green, would be the Stone Green.... But you say that wasn't it ? Maybe custom paint then, huh ?

You know now that i think of it maybe it was that color it was very sunny which may have looked darker Its deffinitly good looking just not really into it.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:59 AM
Blueflareside, thanks for the response. I haven't tried Ford yet. I know there is a big Ford parts and accesories warehouse 5 minutes from me, so I will go give them a try. Thanks.

Old 05-15-2008, 05:40 PM
The salesman kept getting pissed when I called the color Poo Brown. I absolutely love the color, it seems to range in shades with the lighting and angles. Sometimes I can see the green, sometimes I cannot, but it is unmistakably gorgeous. Huge amount of metal flake in the paint also. I love mine.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:24 PM
that's the color of my truck. the wife says she can see the green in it. i think sh'e nuts. it looks brown to me. the best part of that color is the metallic in it.

Old 05-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Well hey....

Wilzol, did you tell the dealer "you absolutely loved it"... after referring to it as poo brown ? I can see where he might have been thrown off :-) LOL
But yea', I love it too.

Hey Papichulo, yea, I have heard a couple others say that can see green in it too. Maybe its just the old thing about, "seeing the world through different eyes".....

Peace,
Fish

Old 05-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by Fish Chris
Wilzol, did you tell the dealer "you absolutely loved it"... after referring to it as poo brown ? I can see where he might have been thrown off :-) LOL
But yea', I love it too.

Hey Papichulo, yea, I have heard a couple others say that can see green in it too. Maybe its just the old thing about, "seeing the world through different eyes".....

Peace,
Fish
Well, I bought the truck, I guess that was enough.

Hell, I was thrown off when I went down to see the Stone Green truck I had bought. It wasn't quite the color I thought it would be, but my other choices were red and blue for the equipment I wanted/could afford that they had on the lot, so I stuck with the one I bought/went to get. Glad I did too. It still looks like Poo Brown to me most of the time though.

Quick Reply: Have you seen 08' Stone Green ???