Cool water beading pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^ I like the way you think!

Old 05-16-2008, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by jaymz
Bummer! What we really need are pics of water beading WITH scantilly clad chicks mingling with the beads.

Jim
Well said

Old 05-16-2008, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by 2008F150
Pictures look okay, would look more impressive with a smaller aperture and more depth of field.
Had this been photoforum.com or something like that, this kind of statement would have been okay... maybe. Then again, probably not. As thumper said, "Way to make friends around here."

Originally Posted by jaymz
Bummer! What we really need are pics of water beading WITH scantilly clad chicks mingling with the beads.
This, on the other hand is PLENTY acceptable

Anywho, I am glad to hear that either way I go I would have a great camera. Does Nikon have a comprable product to the Rebel? Unless I win one of the 2 photo contests I am in now, as of yet, I will be using the Rebel... But if I win between $500 and $6500, I will go for something nicer...

Thanks for the input.

Old 05-17-2008, 12:25 AM
Okay then.....

check out this beading water droplett pic I took :-)

and here's my water shot from yesterday....

But about the original post..... Yea', it's great when the water doesn't actually even contact your paint....

Peace,
Fish

Old 05-17-2008, 12:50 AM
Hey BTW.....

before I posted the post above, I didn't realize that this thread had turned into a photography thread.....

But since it has, check out my photo website> http://www.trophybassonly.com/id182.htm
and while you do, keep in mind that 98% of all the shots you will see there, were taken with a "point and shoot" camera. I finally got a DSLR about 6 months ago, and for anybody who wants to get really serious with photography AND > spend LOTS of money on seperate lenses for it < I think SLR's are fine.

But I truly believe that an SLR for MOST of the guys on this forum, or any other forum "besides" a photography forum, would not be the best choice.
I don't care if somebody gave you a nice DSLR, its the lenses that cost so dang much ! Not to mention how much more touchy SLR's are with depth of focus, and how much more light they need...... again, unless you spend a TON of money on a really fast lens.

SLR's typically suck for a fisherman's uses as well...... Which is why I carry two sweet Canon A series fixed lens cameras for that. Getting ready to buy another Canon fixed lens A series for my "always with me" car cam also.

But with all of this said, I'm enjoying my new Olympus E510 SLR a bunch too, for straight up serious photography. Here's one from Yosemite last week >

Anyway, this one was taken with a point and shoot >

This one too >

So, you still think you need an SLR for good photos ?

Peace,
Fish

PS, If your interested, here's an awesome place to learn tons about photography, with whatever camera you choose (I learned more from here, than anywhere else) > http://www.dpreview.com/forums/

Last edited by Fish Chris; 05-17-2008 at 01:09 AM.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:27 AM
I just caught the end of this thread...interesting.

To FishChris, nice work. You seem to be very well skilled in digital.

I am a Certified Professional Photographer through PPA and TPPA. While mainly my work has been primarlly Portrait and Wedding, I got my start as a stock artist and sports photographer/photo journalist. Of course 99% of my work was film and I am always impressed with the pro digital artists. Standard industry composition doesn't seem as important now adays.

The sad part of digital is for old-timers like me who have so much invested in gear. I have spent well over 25K on studio gear, (heads, light boxes, diffusers, light racks etc), props, cameras, processors, darkroom, cameras, lens....they are worth virtually nothing now. Trust me, I have 3 EOS 1N's 2 Mamiya 656 AF's, 2 Mamiya Z67's, 25 backs, and more lenses that I can count. I still have 3 cases of worthless Kodak Portra 160NC and 400NC in my freezer.

Dam-n, this post must made me have heat burn.

PS Kodak is officially out of the film business in 2018.

I love my canon P&S's, but I do have several DSLR's.

Ok what was this thread about?

Old 05-17-2008, 02:05 AM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
I just caught the end of this thread...interesting.

<snip>
The sad part of digital is for old-timers like me who have so much invested in gear. I have spent well over 25K on studio gear, (heads, light boxes, diffusers, light racks etc), props, cameras, processors, darkroom, cameras, lens....they are worth virtually nothing now. Trust me, I have 3 EOS 1N's 2 Mamiya 656 AF's, 2 Mamiya Z67's, 25 backs, and more lenses that I can count. I still have 3 cases of worthless Kodak Portra 160NC and 400NC in my freezer.
<snip>
I love my canon P&S's, but I do have several DSLR's.
Should you decide you want to sell a DSLR, shoot me off an email/PM...

Yeah, I am serious about photography. And detailing... Now that I have the detailing stuff I need to get me through a while, I can start spending money on the picture-taking fun...

I love my P&S camera, and it does quite well for what it is designed to do. It goes with me everywhere. However, sometimes I need the added parts of a DSLR. And yes, I am prepared to spend $ on the lenses...

Old 05-17-2008, 02:19 AM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
Should you decide you want to sell a DSLR, shoot me off an email/PM...

Yeah, I am serious about photography. And detailing... Now that I have the detailing stuff I need to get me through a while, I can start spending money on the picture-taking fun...

I love my P&S camera, and it does quite well for what it is designed to do. It goes with me everywhere. However, sometimes I need the added parts of a DSLR. And yes, I am prepared to spend $ on the lenses...
Ryan, save your money, good glass makes a MAJOR difference....I use 100% L series lens from Canon and sorry to tell you but we aren't selling any digital SLR's...but I will make you a sweet deal on some Med Format pro gear.

off to bed for me...

Old 05-17-2008, 02:50 AM
Thank you Rolling rock....

but as I often say, I'm not even a photographer..... I'm just a fisherman who enjoys taking a few photos now and again :-)

I only wish I could afford a top of the line Canon DSLR, and a bunch of "L" glass lenses..... But that's > only < because I'd like to take my photography to a "closer to" proffessional level.

I still believe that most of the guys here, would be better off with a top notch point and shoot.... or even a "bridge" type of digital camera {looks, and in some ways acts, a lot like an SLR... bigger lens, lots of user control, but the lens is not interchangeable}

Personally speaking, if their is one thing I have seen over and over, it's lots of guys who think they have to have an SLR to get good pictures..... When in reality, "unless" they have some good lenses, and get plenty of practice, with good instruction, would actually take "better shots" with a quality point and shoot, AND for a lot less $$$.

Peace,
Fish

PS, After building almost the entire photo website I posted the link to, with a point and shoot, I got my first DSLR > And I SUCKED so bad with it, I sold it shortly thereafter. Total negative experience !
Three years later, I "carefully" tried the SLR rout again. This time, I knew what to expect. I slowed my roll, and I didn't expect to take better photos overnight, just because of the camera (like my dum-bass expected the first time) and it's going pretty well, this time.

But again, I just say from hard-learned experience, look at mine, an others better shots from a point and shoot, and only then, if you decide those shots aren't good enough, and you want to be a straight up pro, and are willing to put in the time, and $$$ that it takes.... Get an SLR and go for it ! :-)

Old 05-17-2008, 09:08 AM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
Ryan, save your money, good glass makes a MAJOR difference....I use 100% L series lens from Canon and sorry to tell you but we aren't selling any digital SLR's...but I will make you a sweet deal on some Med Format pro gear.

off to bed for me...
No worries there-- you aren't the first to say this, thus I came into this one knowing that UNLIKE how I got started with detailing (putting my feet in slowly), I am going to jump right in...

I may look into the Med Format pro gear, though... Shoot me off an email of what all you are thinking of selling and we'll talk about it.

Not sure if I already mentioned it, but I already have an old Olympus OM 10 (film SLR) with a couple of lenses.... I love what it does, and have taken some pretty slick photos with it, so I am not scared of the SLR concept. I just am ready to eliminate some costs. Plus, digital opens up a whole new realm of photography in terms of what you can do before/during/after... Not to mention that you can snap thousands of pictures for free...

I will say that getting out my film SLR has been a FANTASTIC thing for my digi photography-- After I felt the impact in my wallet with film, it taught me to get the picture right the first time rather than snapping 1000 in a day and finding only a few that turn out nice. I DO agree, though, that most of the members here are fine with a P&S camera-- mine is fantastic, and they are ultra cheap nowadays... But, like Fish, I am trying to take my photography to a professional level.

Its amazing how great P&S cameras can do. However, mine doesn't offer me the ability to change shutter/aperture, thus I have a MAJOR problem with taking the shots I want. At a band concers (HS) local to me, I was their photographer... Thank God I had both film and digi-- the digi only produced a couple of decent pics, none of them even looked professional... The camera is so automated that it likes to hold open the shutter long enough to get the lighting just perfect. Unfortunately, a shutter speed of 1 second is FAR too slow to get ANYTHING when hand holding... So, after I get my developments back, we'll see how the Film SLR did... I will say one thing though: Having an SLR with a nice big piece of glass gets you in EVERYWHERE! I wanted to take some side-stage photos of the band- DONE! I wanted to go in front of the stage to get a different angle... DONE! (although when others saw me do this , the mommies got their point and shoots and didnt turn the flash off, which totally killed the lighting effect the band had going in some of the songs...

Okay, I am rambling now... I will shut up. Ths has been an interesting thread...

Old 05-18-2008, 10:54 AM
Took some this morning....

It's early, dark, and cloudy out, but it rained last night and thought I'd add some beading shots to the thread:

Canon PowerShot A540, NXT 2.0 (about a month after application)/Ultimate Detailer, and some rain, lol. I have no idea what the optimal settings are to take closeups so I just leave it on "auto" and point and shoot, lol. Need some tips on settings...maybe I should read the owners manual sometime...lol.

Old 05-18-2008, 06:19 PM
Okay... Fine... I will add mine, too.

Old 05-18-2008, 06:21 PM
wow... I just realized how god-awful the focus is on those... Sorry, guys... It was harder to see on the LCD screen (and even online I use thumbnail view, so I didnt see it as much then...)

Emig-- looks like you need another coat of wax!!! Kinda longish beads and some not so beaded water spots...

Old 05-18-2008, 08:08 PM
Suspended
I was going to take pictures the next time I washed my car but it was way too dark. Oh well, I did get a TON of good pictures of my car tonight.

Old 05-18-2008, 11:53 PM
Thump, we already have seen that hood/water shot 49843536572650876587265045 times...

Quick Reply: Cool water beading pics