Second Review of PB QD+

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 01:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Second Review of PB QD+

When I first got PB QD+ i wasn't impressed. Put it back on the shelf.

Didn't like it at all. Wanted to give it another go. After a wash today, I pulled it out and I take back what I previously said about it. Its pretty darn good stuff.

Turns out, like a lot of things I wasn't using it correctly.

Very similar to Optimum IDGE, both are fantastic.

Old 05-18-2008, 01:28 PM
RR,

Is QD+ still a wipe on/let haze/wipe off product?

Old 05-18-2008, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by Boss_429
RR,

Is QD+ still a wipe on/let haze/wipe off product?
yes, unlike QW+ which is a allow to haze then remove.

Funny thing, on the back of the bottle it does reference a hot surface, to use in smaller sections. And get this, it also says that if your MF becomes wet with product, use a dry MF and continue.

I had this happen to me while using Optimum QD, it became very grabby if that is a word. Nice to know that additional trick.

Old 05-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Hmmm.... Interesting...

So basically, you're saying that the QD+ is like a QD and a spray wax 'mixed up' into a top-shelf margarita! Okay. Good to know (not that I will ever need this... I add another coat of something every month...)

Also-- I have been wondering this for awhile, so I figured I would finally ask: Is QW+ anythign other than a Carnauba wax? It sounds like it is basically just another liquid wax, but I could be way off base here... Obviously liquid would make it faster since a D/A plays nicely with liquids as opposed to pastes...

Old 05-18-2008, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
yes, unlike QW+ which is a allow to haze then remove.
Thanks... I'm still not a fan of any spray products that have "let haze" in the instructions. With the ease of use of many of the LSP's on the market today, IMHO, it's not much more work to apply and remove the LSP than it is to use that type of spray on product, and the protection is more substantial.

For the spray on products, I'll stick with WO/WO products.

Get on Steve to make a WO/WO product like OCW!

Old 05-18-2008, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by Boss_429
Thanks... I'm still not a fan of any spray products that have "let haze" in the instructions. With the ease of use of many of the LSP's on the market today, IMHO, it's not much more work to apply and remove the LSP than it is to use that type of spray on product, and the protection is more substantial.

For the spray on products, I'll stick with WO/WO products.

Get on Steve to make a WO/WO product like OCW!
Ryan...if you tried QW+ you would like it. It has some nice filling property to it.

I sure do like the new Optimum QD. This car hasn't seen a full detail in sometime...hard to tell aint it?

Old 05-18-2008, 11:49 PM
So I am guessing it is great for touching up where there is LSP marring, but not in the clear... Okay...

So I guess when I come to pick up the #21 and try out the ONR, and possibly whatever Wash Solutions brings, I may have to try it on the hood or something... Never know-- I may find yet another product that I just have to order from Steve...

Old 05-19-2008, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
So I am guessing it is great for touching up where there is LSP marring, but not in the clear... Okay...

So I guess when I come to pick up the #21 and try out the ONR, and possibly whatever Wash Solutions brings, I may have to try it on the hood or something... Never know-- I may find yet another product that I just have to order from Steve...
Lets be clear here, QW+ has filling properties, QD+ does not. If you need a true in between product, try the PB BH or WD. Those are far superior. QW+ will get you by.

you can try anything in my "stash" and I do have some "gifts" for you.

Old 05-19-2008, 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
Lets be clear here, QW+ has filling properties, QD+ does not. If you need a true in between product, try the PB BH or WD. Those are far superior. QW+ will get you by.

you can try anything in my "stash" and I do have some "gifts" for you.
WooHoo!!!

Yeah, I was talking about the QW+, so we're on the same page.

I always love gifts... I feel guilty... I still havent helped you with the Pacifica... No worries, though- the summer is fast approaching!!! (BTW-- I have a long weekend coming up, so I may be able to help you out then. Also, I can bring the axle paint if you still want it...)

Anyway, I will TXT you tomorrow. I'm off to bed.

Quick Reply: Second Review of PB QD+