Natty's Red

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 09:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Natty's Red

Well I found some of this stuff, so I ordered it. I used it on my truck this weekend. I am very impressed with its easy on and off. I was using #16 for a LSP before but that was a little more tricky to me. I put way to much on the first time and it was hell removing. Nattys on the other hand glides off. It is probably the easiest paste wax I've used.

Old 05-18-2008, 09:50 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Natty's Red is pretty good stuff. I, too, snared a small container of it not too terribly long ago to make sure I wasn't missing out on something that snubbed the other pastes that I've used.

What you mentioned is absolutely correct about #16 -- put it on too thick and you'll have a beast of a time getting everything off of the paint. But, if you use it correctly in ultra-thin coats, it's pretty tough to beat.

To each their own though... everyone has an opinion. The good thing is that there are lots of great choices out there in the paste wax world... FK1, 3M, PB's, Meg's, and a laundry list of others. The important thing is that *you* like it and it performs to your standards.

-RP-

Old 05-18-2008, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
The important thing is that *you* like it and it performs to your standards.

-RP-
Very well said. I still like #16 when used correctly but I found Nattys to be alittle more user friendly.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:13 PM
Congrats on the find...

I sure do like red....but durability is an issue with any of the Natty's colors. They are all great but you need to have a proper expectation level.

For durability, its hard to beat M#16 or C845, M#26. Those are all great LSP products. As Brad mentions, there are oodles of great LSP's out there and agree totally that it comes down to desired results etc.

If you like the look of Nattys a good substitute is S100. They look VERY similar to me but even S100 is less durable than Nattys but as far as easy on and easy off, S100 and Nattys are the cat's meow.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:31 PM
Suspended
try some p21s100%, you will be pleasantly surprised. Most nuba's dont have much durability, but boy, do they look good.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:10 PM
More products to try. I haven't even gotten to try the stuff I have.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by cufootn
Well I found some of this stuff, so I ordered it. I used it on my truck this weekend. I am very impressed with its easy on and off. I was using #16 for a LSP before but that was a little more tricky to me. I put way to much on the first time and it was hell removing. Nattys on the other hand glides off. It is probably the easiest paste wax I've used.
As everyone else had mentioned, many carnauba waxes lack significant durability. As a general rule, if the carnauba is a bit finicky to remove, like #16 or some of the Collinite waxes, they tend to have better durability. The easy to remove carnauba waxes like Natty's, Souveran, P21S, and Vintage are less durable.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:36 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Boss_429
As everyone else had mentioned, many carnauba waxes lack significant durability. As a general rule, if the carnauba is a bit finicky to remove, like #16 or some of the Collinite waxes, they tend to have better durability. The easy to remove carnauba waxes like Natty's, Souveran, P21S, and Vintage are less durable.
Ever miss Rain Dance, Boss?

I nicknamed that stuff 'Concrete in a can' back when my dad and I would wax the family vehicles... I hated that crap but, it did protect pretty well!

Old 05-20-2008, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Ever miss Rain Dance, Boss?
LOL... Nope, sure don't miss that stuff RP. Nor do I miss any of the "Ole #7" products, or those marvelous "cheese-cloth" towels... God knows what they were made out of!

Old 05-20-2008, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by Boss_429
LOL... Nope, sure don't miss that stuff RP. Nor do I miss any of the "Ole #7" products, or those marvelous "cheese-cloth" towels... God knows what they were made out of!
Hmmm... Lest we forget that had it not been for Old No.7 Auto Polish and Cleaner I would never have found this detailing OCD...

It makes me wonder where my money would have gone to had I not been OCD...

Anywho, I just found some OLD wax in a friend's garage-- I am interested to try it on some car... We used it on a part of his boat, and it was interesting feeling.. Hard to describe. Smelled of solvent though... Looked lie this except in a black tin with green stripe... If I am remembering right:

Quick Reply: Natty's Red