Poorboy's Detail (pics to come)

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 12:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cufootn
I think when you do a full detail and post pics you should always give your pads and speeds. It's so helpful for most people starting the detail trend to know how the detail was done.

BTW, yours looks amazing.
Speeds are variable based on product, correction, pad, time etc. That means there are are many factors involved. Sometimes if a certain speed isn't getting it, you need to kick it up...., or if its too much, kick it down....that being said, its hard to remember all the places you used what speeds with what combo to solve X problem or stage in the process.

Not all speeds are the same based on those same factors. Hard to track but good intent and idea.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
Glaze Products:
WD and BH. These are glazes with concealing properity to them. They can be used in between full details.
so one can use BH as a maintenance product to produce a little more shine? i have to re-wash my truck from all the water spots, and i thought about going over it with BH for a little more pop. will it remove any wax or sealers?

Old 05-23-2008, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
Speeds are variable based on product, correction, pad, time etc. That means there are are many factors involved. Sometimes if a certain speed isn't getting it, you need to kick it up...., or if its too much, kick it down....that being said, its hard to remember all the places you used what speeds with what combo to solve X problem or stage in the process.

Not all speeds are the same based on those same factors. Hard to track but good intent and idea.
I know speeds change but for a product that I've never used before it's nice to have a starting spot.

I just finished a black CTS-V and 4.5 is usually my speed for #80 but I had to go to 5 on the caddie. And yes I'll have pics. I had to go before I had time to wipe the LSP off.

Old 05-23-2008, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by Big Slick
so one can use BH as a maintenance product to produce a little more shine? i have to re-wash my truck from all the water spots, and i thought about going over it with BH for a little more pop. will it remove any wax or sealers?
anyone?

Old 05-23-2008, 11:47 PM

I'm not 100% but I would say that it would remove some if not all of the wax or sealant. You would probably be better off applying BH then following up with another layer of wax or sealant.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:20 AM
Sorry for the delay, we are camping right now so I am not checking the forum every 3 min.

Since BH and WD can also be used "in between" full details you will need to re apply any sealer or LSP. The protective elements of a sealer and LSP should be breaking down over time anyway between full details so its a good idea.

Personally, if using in between, I would just apply an LSP to get you buy until you are ready to do another full detail.

Hope that came out right, I gotta go cook breakfast for everyone.

Cheers from site 82.

Quick Reply: Poorboy's Detail (pics to come)