Bar Keepers Friend...

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 10:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bar Keepers Friend...

im trying to track down some bar keepers friend...im using it on my windows to remove hard water spots...how exactly do u use this stuff...thanks for the help...

Old 05-21-2008, 10:40 PM
Ive used barkeepers friend before, although not on windows and not on the truck. Think I picked mine up at Wally world.

I used this on my windows for the first time, the last time I washed it, and it worked good.
http://www.duragloss.com/product.asp?pid=303

Old 05-21-2008, 10:45 PM
Hey matt-- long time no see.

Anywho, with bar keeps friend, use a slurry of it-- ie: mix powder with a small amount of water and work it in... hard to describe... I see it in my brain. Hopefully someone else that has used it can describe it better to you.

FYI: Don't let it get on your paint, and be prepared to use COPIOUS amounts of water to rinse-- you dont want to abrade your paint by not having a good flow of water...

Old 05-21-2008, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
Hey matt-- long time no see.

Anywho, with bar keeps friend, use a slurry of it-- ie: mix powder with a small amount of water and work it in... hard to describe... I see it in my brain. Hopefully someone else that has used it can describe it better to you.

FYI: Don't let it get on your paint, and be prepared to use COPIOUS amounts of water to rinse-- you dont want to abrade your paint by not having a good flow of water...

hey man...i know its been awhile...hope everythings going good with you...the other day i was cleaning out my desk and i found that 7 page email that u sent me about detailing my truck and i was reading it and got in the mood to do a full detail...so it looks my like bank account is about to take a hit this weekend...haha

so with the powder do u try to make a thick paste of sorts with it or something like that...

Old 05-21-2008, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by Matt****son
hey man...i know its been awhile...hope everythings going good with you...the other day i was cleaning out my desk and i found that 7 page email that u sent me about detailing my truck and i was reading it and got in the mood to do a full detail...so it looks my like bank account is about to take a hit this weekend...haha

so with the powder do u try to make a thick paste of sorts with it or something like that...
Yep, everything is going great with me. You?

Anyway, that's pretty funny... I forgot about that email... I remember it now... LOL!

I havent had any luck getting a thick paste, although I bet if you could get one it would likely work well. What I did last time is spread the dry powder over a section of the windshield, then use a spray bottle to mist some water over it until it becomes slurry-like... If/when I use this again, I will make an attempt to refine/notate the process for everyone.

I dont remember if you have a DA, but if you do, any polish for paint will work on the windshield... I have seen so many people here use some polish and get STELLAR results...

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out!

Old 05-24-2008, 01:46 AM
yeah everything is going great with me...just bought a house and life is great...

i found some bar keepers friend i found the powder and the i found some paste(i guess its new or something)...can i use this stuff on my mirrors on the drivers and passenger side...?

Old 05-24-2008, 06:33 PM
Hmmm... Didnt know they had a paste, but I'd assume its just as good...

Dont think I'd reccommend it for the mirrors-- they are plastic, thus I bet Plast-X would be a safer option...

Glad to hear everything is good over in your hood. BTW-- where did you get your brush guard and how much was it?

Trending Topics

Old 05-24-2008, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
Hmmm... Didnt know they had a paste, but I'd assume its just as good...

Dont think I'd reccommend it for the mirrors-- they are plastic, thus I bet Plast-X would be a safer option...

Glad to hear everything is good over in your hood. BTW-- where did you get your brush guard and how much was it?
yeah everything is going great for me right...it feels weird owning a house at 21 but its kind of cool and my friends love it...for a housewarming present they all bought me a new smoker for the patio...so this tuesday we are going to smoke all day and have a feast that night...haha...

but can plast-x get out water spots...?

i got grill guard at Tejas...i think it was around $450 or 500...the actual ranchhand store is in houston...

there website is:
www.ranchhand.com
incase u didnt know...r u looking for one for ur truck?

Last edited by MattDickson; 05-24-2008 at 11:32 PM.
Old 05-25-2008, 02:55 AM
yeah everything is going great for me right...it feels weird owning a house at 21 but its kind of cool and my friends love it...for a housewarming present they all bought me a new smoker for the patio...so this tuesday we are going to smoke all day and have a feast that night...haha...
Sweet... Sounds like a blast. I'd love to have a house at 21. My brother did, and he LOVES it...

but can plast-x get out water spots...?
I would think so... Dont know... Worth a try, plus it is great for using on oxidation anyways. Use it on your heads/tails while you're at it-- you will be impressed.

i got grill guard at Tejas...i think it was around $450 or 500...the actual ranchhand store is in houston...

there website is:
www.ranchhand.com

incase u didnt know...r u looking for one for ur truck?
(see below)
Hmmmm... I probably wont get a ranch hand, but then again, I have a light duty truck. I am looking partially for looks, partly for mounting LEDs/siren on, and partly for in case I have to push something... Maybe frontier-gear or something... Thanks for the tip though

(check bolded parts of quote)

Old 05-25-2008, 03:51 PM
go check these out:

http://ranchhand.com/GrilleGuards.aspx

go to the bottom of the page and look at the Sports Grille Guard they have the middle taken out and tabs already there to mount lights and whatever else...you might also want to check our trailboss they have some stuff also...

Old 05-25-2008, 11:28 PM
go check these out:

http://ranchhand.com/GrilleGuards.aspx

go to the bottom of the page and look at the Sports Grille Guard they have the middle taken out and tabs already there to mount lights and whatever else...you might also want to check our trailboss they have some stuff also...
Hmmm... Good thing I saw this post about 5 hours after I finished installing a used Westin Guard... LOL!

I found one on Craigs list this afternoon after church and called the guy. Turns out, he doesnt like the look (wanted to drop the truck, bought it used) and wanted to be rid of it. As such, I got to check it out while on his truck, then take it off his, bring it home, and put it on mine.

The only thing now is the bracket that keeps the foreward-backward motion from happening. I had to drive tonight, so I tightened down the 6 bolts that hold it on the frame so far, but I want that added security...

Thanks for the tips, though!!!

BTW-- before I even thought of putting it on my truck, it got 2 fresh coats of Rust Oleum glossy finish... I just had to have a nice shine to it, after all...

Old 05-25-2008, 11:56 PM
awesome...cant wait to see some pics of it...if ur going to be using the grill guard to push things or anything like that be careful because westin isnt as tough at trailboss or ranchhand so just take it easy...

Old 05-26-2008, 10:00 AM
If/when I push anything, it will be something small/easy. Not to worry-- I know that I have a light duty truck, and that it should be treated as such. Although I certainly appreciate you looking out for me.

When I get a new truck (sometime in the next 5 years), it will DEFINITELY have the full bumper replacement on front and back, not to mention being 4wd, heavy duty, etc...

I'll snap some pics today if I get the chance. Really, I need to figure out those support brackets...

Quick Reply: Bar Keepers Friend...