First attempt at detailing

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 11:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Haha be nice !!

Look at the time of my post and his edit, there wasn't any photos.....

Not being an *** but how it was worded and with no photos it was a tad confusing.

Old 05-27-2008, 12:07 PM
glc
Received 774 Likes on 715 Posts
I'm going to have to assume the OP has not read the detailing sticky. Washing then using NXT 2.0 is not "detailing" - it's a "wash and wax" job. Probably good enough for 95% of the people out there, but not most of the OCD'ers here.

Old 05-27-2008, 12:12 PM
No never clay bar[how?]. I will try the oxy clean idea thanks. More questions: I applied the wax in small circular motions also not sure if appling too little or too much. And how often to use, after every wash??

Old 05-27-2008, 12:16 PM
glc
Received 774 Likes on 715 Posts
Read the detailing sticky. It's at the top of this forum.

On the seats, you can try Blue Coral Dri-Clean Plus. If you have or can get a carpet steamer with a handheld attachment, you can try that too.

Old 05-27-2008, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by subnoob
No never clay bar[how?]. I will try the oxy clean idea thanks. More questions: I applied the wax in small circular motions also not sure if appling too little or too much. And how often to use, after every wash??
Go to www.meguiars.com and take a look at the short videos they have. There is also one about how to clay your car (it has Jay Leno in it so you can't miss it). I watched them and they were pretty good, mind you that they do not go into all the details so do read that sticky at the top of the threads.

I was like you not too long ago and then I came here, lost all touch with reality, and joined the ranks of the mildly-OCD. I just bought a shelving unit specifically for my MF towels..... My girlfriend thought I was retarded until we detailed her Jeep and she saw her face and reflection of the sky in the red paint. Now she's all for me being OCD as long as I detail her Jeep too.

Old 05-27-2008, 12:47 PM
Oxy Clean is nothing more than hydrogen peroxide. Same goes for all of the other "oxy" cleaners.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:07 PM
I've never gotten Oxy Clean to get out any of the stains in my upholstery... Helps a little, but they're still there. Makes my interior smell like she-it too.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by MOford21
I've never gotten Oxy Clean to get out any of the stains in my upholstery... Helps a little, but they're still there. Makes my interior smell like she-it too.
Try the Chlorox brand. I used it on my headliner and it worked great. Doesn't smell too bad either.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:29 PM
Suspended
Ahh, the disease bites another poor soul. Do everything by hand now. A few months gets talked into buying a G110 or UDM or any other brand DA. About a year after that starts wanting more and more power. Buys a makita or metabo or the flex rotary. Spends countless $ on detailing supplies. Ahh, i can definitely see it coming. Looking good. Read the sticky, familiarize yourself with the terms. Know what numbers and abbreviations mean. Good luck!!

Quick Reply: First attempt at detailing