SSR1 on Green LC

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 11:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SSR1 on Green LC

I started on a black silverado SS and used SSR2 on an orange LC and it worked great. Then I went to a green pad with SSR1, it was throwing product after the 2nd pass. I switched to #80 on a #8006 and it worked fine, but what happened with the SSR1?

Old 05-28-2008, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by cufootn
I started on a black silverado SS and used SSR2 on an orange LC and it worked great. Then I went to a green pad with SSR1, it was throwing product after the 2nd pass. I switched to #80 on a #8006 and it worked fine, but what happened with the SSR1?
Well...without looking over your shoulder while you work, I have to take a guess.

Too much product and or too fast or both.

When I apply SSR1, I blot it. 4 dime-nickel sized spots on a pad. Spread product out with DA off...then turn on and work the zone.

working it in some before turning up the speed if needed. I have never flug SSR1...

Old 05-29-2008, 12:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RR call me back. Sorry for the hijack

Old 05-29-2008, 05:17 PM
I was using speed 4.5 and going real slow with my arm movement.

Old 05-29-2008, 05:25 PM
so was it throwing product right off the bat or after it was spread out?

All the SSR's are about the same consistency, so they shouldn't act that much different. However, that being said, maybe too much product on the pad or a already loaded pad.

I have great luck with the Green LC VC and CCS pads. Only time I have ever slung product is by my error, too fast, lifting the pad etc.

Try this next time. After putting your product on the pad, dab the pad on the surface in 3-4 places, then place the pad on the surface and make a little circle with the DA off to spread the product. Then turn the speed to around 3 and spread on the work area....after that is done, turn your speed back up and work the area as normal.

Quick Reply: SSR1 on Green LC