NXT 2.0 on white

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 09:40 AM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just use the Meguiars Polish that comes in the red bottle that you can get at Autozone, etc. It's part of their A-Line up, their consumer line.

Clay, Polish, Wax.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:25 AM
well i'm puttin in an order at ADS as soon as the wool mitts are back in stock. so is there a better polish i should get from rick, or is the megs from autozone as good as any??

Old 06-04-2008, 10:31 AM
There's a Meguiars three step system (Deep Crystal if I remember correctly) available at Autozone. I believe step two is the polish. As Thumper mentioned, it's in a red (maroonish) bottle and will have "Step 2" written on the label, which is clearly visible.

The three step system is really nice. My girlfriend's 2005 Jeep probably had never been clayed or washed until it was for sale. After she bought it she did the usual (before we got together): go to the pressure wash, use the foaming brush, etc. It's enough to say, yes the car was red, yes the car had swirls galore. I washed, clayed, applied the three steps, and topped with NXT 2.0. The results were phenominal, especially considering it was all done by hand.

Long story short, you might want to try out the entire three step system as opposed just to it's step two.

Old 06-04-2008, 02:10 PM
glc
Received 774 Likes on 715 Posts
On a new truck, you can get very acceptable results going right from clay to NXT 2.0 if your time is important. NXT 2.0 has some polishing and filling agents by itself, work it in some with the foam applicator instead of just spreading it. The Megs Step 2 polish can be a pain to use by hand, if you let it dry it's a bear to remove.

Also, if you do use the 3 step system, NXT should go in between step 2 and step 3 if you want the synthetic protection. NXT will pretty much remove the wax if you use step 3 first.

Quick Reply: NXT 2.0 on white