*PICS* Forever Black Bumper & Trim Dye Kit - any advice or opinions??

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 02:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forever Black experience - better but... not good enough!

well I had my first experience dying - with Forever Black. First off, the applicator part is horrible. I learned fast to cut it open and brush it on. Dying definitly is a test of patience.

Pretty good results, but I think it can be better so ill let the sun dry it out for a few days and go at it again. These are comparison pics, NO dressing has been put on; just the Forever Black from last nite.
I have some Showroom New and Meguiars 40 on the way. Im sure it can be darker and more uniform

Name:  finlcrop.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  44.5 KB

Name:  cropfinal2.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  31.3 KB
Name:  crop3.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  62.0 KB

Last edited by *KNUCKLEHEAD*; 06-07-2008 at 05:02 PM. Reason: removed.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:40 AM
That looks pretty good from here.

Old 06-09-2008, 10:28 AM
thanks alot supercrew! its sure is a hell of alot better. but i think that after seein all the incredible pics you guys posted, im struck with "the grass is greener.." mentality right now. ill post more pics after i blast it with the new stuff

Old 06-09-2008, 10:41 AM
Another coat and some #40 will make you very happy. Nice job again.

Old 06-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Question thinkin of switchin grills now.. a few questions

SUPERCREW :

maybe you can help me with something else... I think that Ive been bit by the bug after seien all the cool upgrades in this forum; but I really dont know alot about engines, etc.

I wanna swap out my stock grill, for a Roush chrome / plastic - then just krylon it black. I did comparison pic to get an idea of how it'd look...

Name:  grillswapfinal.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  47.1 KB

• Would swapping grills create any issues with - air restriction or overheating??
  • Do you have to be a mechanic to put these suckers in or is it just a few bolts?
  • Probly gonna get it on ebay, this seller has excellent feedback for them. I have a 2004 F-150 STX At a glance, would this flavor fit in my truck?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ROUSH...spagenameZWD1V

Last edited by *KNUCKLEHEAD*; 06-09-2008 at 03:58 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:10 PM
I havent heard of any restrictions with a Roush grill or any other grill.
Installing a grill is straight forward. Easy.
The only problem I would see painting a grill is that its going to get hit with rocks so it might chip. You might want to look at the FX2 grill.

Old 06-09-2008, 04:59 PM
Thanks again for the help! Im brand *** new to the detailing / upgrade scene but Im tryin to fake it till I make it.

I looked at the fx2 grills, most are askin at least $250. A little bit outta my price league right now; plus, my truck already has so many paint dings on the front - a chipped grill would blend right in!

what flavor paint(s) would you use to paint a roush grill black??

just saw yor grill, that thing is awesome. what kind is it??
Id rather go that route if its in my price range and will fit.

Last edited by *KNUCKLEHEAD*; 06-09-2008 at 08:27 PM. Reason: spell like crap
Old 06-09-2008, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
BW is one of those products that can make anyone look like an expert. Just ask CuFootn.
I just did my truck today and I think the stuff is great. This is my 2nd coat and the first one is still beading water. Night and day difference. I thought it looked "OK" until I decided to go for another coat.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by *KNUCKLEHEAD*
Thanks again for the help! Im brand *** new to the detailing / upgrade scene but Im tryin to fake it till I make it.

I looked at the fx2 grills, most are askin at least $250. A little bit outta my price league right now; plus, my truck already has so many paint dings on the front - a chipped grill would blend right in!

what flavor paint(s) would you use to paint a roush grill black??

just saw yor grill, that thing is awesome. what kind is it??
Id rather go that route if its in my price range and will fit.
I have the Harley Davidson Grill, unfotunatley the prices of the grill went through the roof. I paid $180 (around that price) and now they are about $400. You may be able to find it a little cheaper on e-bay.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:07 AM
Originally Posted by *KNUCKLEHEAD*
I have a black F-150, paint looks great, moulding trim looks like sh*t. Florida sun has no mercy. Ive used Po Boys, Back to Black, Armor ALl.. you name it. I wanna quit screwin around and pull out the big guns - without spending all day

Would Forever Black Bumper & Trim Dye Kit help?? Any advice, experiences, tips????
I've been a professional detailer for 40 of my 50 years on earth and I can tell you without a doubt that the one and only, original, Bumper Black beats all the rest by a country mile. It's permanent. That means you'll NEVER have to use anything else and your bumpers and trim will look like new a hundred years from now. It's easy to use and won't stick to or damage your paint. It only cost about 12 bucks. but they don't sell it in stores. It's only available from their website. You should be able to easily guess what their url is. It's the best kept secret in professional detailing. I wouldn't spend my money on anything but Bumper Black, unless of course you've got plenty of money to waste.

Quick Reply: *PICS* Forever Black Bumper & Trim Dye Kit - any advice or opinions??