Not sure where to put this... Powder Coating Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 12:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure where to put this... Powder Coating Question

Anyone know of a good powder coater in Central Ohio? I need to get the inside of my chrome wheels powder coated black... i want a good place that will do it for a good price. Thanks!

Old 06-12-2008, 09:02 AM
not really central OH but i've had these guys powdercoat many parts on my Banshee....

http://www.afipowder.com/

they are straight North of Dayton...

Old 06-12-2008, 09:28 AM
i want a good place that will do it for a good price
Powder coat is very durable, however depending on what you are coating, surface prep is very important. Another words some powder coaters can could save you money by not having the surface bead blasted before powder coating. The paint would look great for a time, but any corrosion that wasnt removed on the aluminum surface prior to powder would begin to flake the powder off after a few months.

So, I guess what I am saying is, look for a good price, just make sure they prep the surface correctly. If they dont, you wont find out until down the road when they have forgotten who you are.

(I have some experience powdercoating at my last job)

Old 06-19-2008, 02:55 PM
If the parts you want PC'd is chrome, they will not blast it, just clean it. Chrome has to be ground off, you cannot blast it off. However, the proper prep will ensure a good coating that will be trouble free.

Quick Reply: Not sure where to put this... Powder Coating Question