Clear Bra Rant

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 10:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clear Bra Rant

I had a new clear bra put on my car and the windows tinted this morning by a reputable company. I supplied the kit; which I got for free because the first bra I had put on started to yellow after 4 years. My wife picked it up for me this afternoon and the owner came out and asked her is everything was OK. Then he told her if there were any problems to let them know and they would fix it.

When I got home of course I went over it with a fine tooth comb. 3 different sections have black finger prints underneath them, the hood sections cuts off short of the nose by about 3 cm, and there are 4 sections on the front bumper seperating from the bumper. The spots that are seperating already have dirt underneath them and one spot is approx 3in by 2 in that doesn't even touch the bumper, it is stretched too tight! Man I'm pissed!!! Of course they were closed by the time I saw all this. My wife didn't notice the bad sections because she is 7 months pregnant and can't bend down low to look at everything.

Guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow... And it wont be researching and buying my DA and accessories. I'm sure there is no way to get dirty finger prints out from under a clear bra. And all the detailing in the world can make those sections stick down now that there is dirt underneath. Any of you detail guys know if wax truly penetrates a clear bra. Everything I've read say they are permeable and allow products to get to the paint, but it sure doesn't seem that way when detailing the car.

Last edited by s2krn; 06-12-2008 at 10:28 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:49 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Permeable my ***.

Old 06-13-2008, 07:59 AM
Ive heard a few of these stories.. All add up to why i won't get a clear bra... sry bro.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by Iam4st8
Ive heard a few of these stories.. All add up to why i won't get a clear bra... sry bro.
The clear bra I had for 4 years was great. It seemed to turn a beige color over time. Something i never would have noticed if my car hadn't been white. Anyone else who saw it didn't notice it till I pointed it out. When I took it off my hood, front bumper and mirrors looks great; no rock chips, marks, or gouges. There are just so few people that do it and do a good job... I'll have to drive out of town somewhere to find someone that does a good job I guess.

Old 06-13-2008, 10:16 AM
Suspended
Weird, what brand are you using? Are you using the "3M Clear Bra"?

Regardless, make them re-do it. Nothing is going to fix those problems other than another application of it.

Old 06-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Weird, what brand are you using? Are you using the "3M Clear Bra"?

Regardless, make them re-do it. Nothing is going to fix those problems other than another application of it.
The brand is Ventureshield; which is 3M now, or vice versa. They are one in the same. The places that were done correctly look great. I can't even see the line in most places, but there is enough jacked up that the whole thing is going to have to be redone. WHen i went up there today the owner was not there and neither was the guy who put it on. I imagine he called in sick today knowing I'd be back. It is so obviously messed up I can't believe they tried to pass it off. Anyway, I'm waiting on a phone call from the owner... who knows how long that will take.

Old 06-13-2008, 03:17 PM
Suspended
Good luck, I hope they take care of you. If not, post it ALL over the internet.

Trending Topics

Old 06-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Good luck, I hope they take care of you. If not, post it ALL over the internet.
Don't worry, there's a reason I haven't "named names" yet. I'm giong to give them a chance to make it right. Anyone can make mistakes, it's what you do and how you correct them that makes the difference.

Old 06-13-2008, 03:38 PM
Make 'em rework it. Good luck- post your results

Old 06-13-2008, 09:13 PM
Noone called me back today. I called just before closing time and the same guy answered the phone. He said he could not get in touch with the owners, but he had left a message. He assured me he would call when he heard from the owners. Looks like the run around has begun! I leave for Seattle in Tues for a week so hopefully this will get cleared up before then.

Old 06-13-2008, 11:44 PM
Suspended
I hate that crap man ... It's horrible. It's a good thing the internet is so easy though !!

Old 06-25-2008, 08:07 AM
Here's a quick update on the clear bra situation... I talked with the owner of Alta Mere in Little Rock Arkansas again yesterday; probably the 6th time I or my wife has talked with him. He is refusing to refund any money for the clear bra. He stated he will refund my installation charges or will put a new one on the car if I pay for it. We ended out conversation with me saying we obviously do not see eye to eye on the situation and that I would take him to court if I had to. His response was "See you in court." So, Friday I'm going to file a small claims lawsuit.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:22 AM
That owner is an idiot. Sorry to hear it's going that way, good luck in court. (Not that you really need it as you're in the right.) Remember to take a bunch of pictures showing bad worksmanship!

Old 06-25-2008, 12:21 PM
Suspended
After the case it's time to slather his name all over the internet so someone else doesn't get burned !!

Quick Reply: Clear Bra Rant