Rollingrock is out......

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 02:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rollingrock is out......

Well, its been fun folks but I gotta push back from the forum.

It's been a lot of fun helping out all the members who were looking for help. I have sure learned a lot myself from Rock, Gip, Boss and Dan over the years and felt it was my turn to step up and share my experiences. It has also been fun to watch some of the new folks develop their skills and see their results. I often wish I had stock in Poorboys products b/c there are so many new addicts now.

With my baby boy about to be here, and my daughter being a handful already, I have to be a dad more. I honestly cannot spend much more time here with work, travel, cycling, family and other obligations. I have put the forum first in many categories and my family time has suffered.

To be honest, its often hard to get a word in some of the threads without being stepped on or stepping on someone else's toes b/c we all pro's and our ways are the only ways. Right? This section has become one of the most popular areas now and I think it's because we treated every post with the utmost respect and attention. Working with paint can be challenging as most of you reading know so when you are about to put a DA and Pad to the surface its important to be armed with the right info, knowing you aren't going to mess things up.

I know this thread will be short lived and that's ok, wanted to say thanks to all those to helped me. You never know, ol RollingRock may pop up where you least expect it and I do still plan on being active on a few other smaller forums that are more product specific who knows maybe something new too.

That being said, best of luck to all the newcomers and to the "new elders's", its your turn to drive.

I'll check in from time to time but my posts will be limited at best. I still drive a Ford and this is a great place to get info.

Cheers

RollingRock

Old 06-17-2008, 02:55 PM
God speed partner..

Old 06-17-2008, 02:57 PM
this thing can take up a lot of time for sure!

best of luck with that new boy, and thanks for what you've helped me out with so far!

LD

Old 06-17-2008, 03:00 PM
Suspended
Take whatever time you need, and we'll see you when you do come around! Enjoy your extra family time!

Old 06-17-2008, 03:01 PM
Suspended
JP, its been a pleasure. You are a gifted detailer/ocder and I wish you the best. Even though we didnt always see eye to eye, your work spoke for itself. You really helped out with Washsolutions products and Im sure many people are happy, myself included. Helping introduce PB products in a Pro-Meguiars forum was very helpful to help everyone look outside the box and explore other products. Good luck with the boy on the way and the daughter. Remember, family first. I will see you on the other forums as well.

-Jeff

Old 06-17-2008, 03:04 PM
Wow, surprised to hear bud, but can't blame ya for it! Some thing do have to come first.

I must thank you RR. You have single handedly tought me not only how to detail, not only how to eye things and see things that just weren't there before, but also which products to use, when to use them and how to. Quite simply, your the man, and I have nothing but respect for you.

Goodluck with your new endeavors, and gongratulations on the new RollingRock !!

Here's to you my friend !

Old 06-17-2008, 03:11 PM
Rock, Wow this came out of know where for me. Thank you for everything you contributed to me. I learned ALOT of what i know today because of you. Thanks again.

Dont be a complete stranger.

Old 06-17-2008, 03:12 PM
It's sad to see you go RR, but I understand. I am a new daddy myself and between my baby boy, 3 hospital stays, and a new job I had to step away for about 8 months myself. Congratulations on the little one...and don't be a stranger.

Old 06-17-2008, 03:16 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well congrats on your new soon to come addition to the family. I do want to say thanks for all the information you have passed on to me and so many others in this forum. It has truely helped me develope my skills into something that far exceeded my expectaions. I also can say that your contributions will be missed, but we have several other members who are very knowledgeable as well. So good luck in all that you do...

Old 06-17-2008, 03:35 PM
RR,

You're a true professional and it's been a pleasure learning a ton from you. I truly respect your detailing skills and hope to someday be that good. I also understand the family ties part. I have a son who's following his dad's footsteps into OCD land right now. Hopefully when your kids are a bit older, you'll re-join us with even more wisdom. Enjoy your kids. You derserve it. Thanks for sharing!

Old 06-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
keep in touch RR

Old 06-17-2008, 03:55 PM
Well it was a pleasure listening to your words of wisdom Rolling Rock. Even though I am still fairly new to this part of the forum, I can say you definitely enlightened me with your detailing knowledge. I hope to see your random posts here and there! Congrats on the new addition.

Old 06-17-2008, 03:58 PM
It's sad to see you go RR, but I understand. I am a new daddy myself and between my baby boy, 3 hospital stays, and a new job I had to step away for about 8 months myself. Congratulations on the little one...and don't be a stranger.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:07 PM
I understand completely! Wait till you have grandkids pulling you this way and that. It is a a blessing!

Old 06-17-2008, 04:09 PM
Best of luck to ya!

- NCSU

Quick Reply: Rollingrock is out......