Worst Spot on our trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 07:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would coating the hood with a cleaner then like 2.0 or other syntecs be better for the hood. (protection and cleaning wise)

Old 06-18-2008, 07:30 PM
I think it's unanimous, the hood for sure.

Old 06-18-2008, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by sal150
Would coating the hood with a cleaner then like 2.0 or other syntecs be better for the hood. (protection and cleaning wise)
That's what i do. then top w/ #26.

Try just scratch-xing the whole hood b4 u wax. it helps!

Old 06-18-2008, 09:21 PM
Try just scratch-xing the whole hood b4 u wax. it helps![/QUOTE]

Why do you scratch x it. i have a clean surrface i SSR'd it about a month ago i got a pretty clean canvas im not questioning your knowledge i just dont understand wouldnt it strip mu old wax and glaze.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:17 PM

Why do you scratch x it. i have a clean surrface i SSR'd it about a month ago i got a pretty clean canvas im not questioning your knowledge i just dont understand wouldnt it strip mu old wax and glaze.
Oh.. Well, i figured you were looking for a way to clean/perfect the surface [more than the rest of the truck] before you waxed it.

Yea, scratch X would remove all your other products.. So only do that if you are trying to perfect the surface more.

You said you SSRd ur hood, i don't know of much else you should do because you say you have a clean surface already. I know i make sure i hit my hood with two coats of NXT and an application of #26. The rest of the truck just gets one coat of NXT and one of #26

Last edited by Iam4st8; 06-18-2008 at 10:24 PM.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:54 PM
My roof and rear window. That's what happens when you seal coat out of 55 gallon drums in the bed ... and mix them there too.

Oh...or the bed itself. I spilled so much seal coating and hot asphalt back there than I ended up just seal coating the whole bed...didn't work out too well.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:30 AM
Originally Posted by Iam4st8
Oh.. Well, i figured you were looking for a way to clean/perfect the surface [more than the rest of the truck] before you waxed it.

Yea, scratch X would remove all your other products.. So only do that if you are trying to perfect the surface more.

You said you SSRd ur hood, i don't know of much else you should do because you say you have a clean surface already. I know i make sure i hit my hood with two coats of NXT and an application of #26. The rest of the truck just gets one coat of NXT and one of #26
Thanks for helping but yeah i know what im doing i have a da and pretty much all of pb's products and a bunch of Mirror products. Just dont talk alot on the fourms. ( not trying to be a di*k at all, seriously please dont take it that way)

I just heard that if you put a coat of cleaner on the hood it will help loosen up the water etchings. Cause my hood has got a few.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:28 AM
Thanks for helping but yeah i know what im doing i have a da and pretty much all of pb's products and a bunch of Mirror products. Just dont talk alot on the fourms. ( not trying to be a di*k at all, seriously please dont take it that way)

I just heard that if you put a coat of cleaner on the hood it will help loosen up the water etchings. Cause my hood has got a few.

Yea thats what i thought; just shootin some things out there.

Quick Reply: Worst Spot on our trucks?