OMG there's too much!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 09:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OMG there's too much!

I am having a hard time deciding what to buy! :o

- Looking to get a PC 7424 LINK. What pads/bonnets/etc should I get? Keep in mind my truck is only ~6weeks old with no blemishes, so I shouldn't need the white/orange pads, right?

- Wax / sealant... I've always been partial to Megs NXT / Gold class. But I've seen kudo's for PoorBoys and a cpl others.

Please, don't tell me to use the search function... I have! This is why I'm getting light headed cause of all the products to choose from.

I'm not in anyway an expert or OCD-er, but I'm willing to do what it takes to keep my vehicles looking brand spankin. And if there's a product(s) out there better than my current inventory, I will most def give it a go.

TIA!

Last edited by Turbo77; 06-17-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:50 PM
Just because the car is new doesnt mean theres no swirls, scratches, or holograms.

Old 06-17-2008, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by 03gtmustang
Just because the car is new doesnt mean theres no swirls, scratches, or holograms.
Yep. Especially if the dealership guys washed it prior to delivery.

Old 06-17-2008, 10:58 PM
Suspended
Do you have to buy from AutoGeek.net only? I've never used the Lake Country pads but I hear they are better than the Meguiars pads. I wouldn't doubt it because they have a much wider variation compared to the two Meguiars sells. So let someone like hmw3 suggest the pads. I'd start out with this procedure, if you do it right, it'll look amazing.
  1. Wash with Meguiars Super Soap or Gold Class, SM Arnold Lambs Wool Mitt, Two Buckets with Grit Guards.
  2. Dry Completely with combination of blower and waffle weave microfiber.
  3. Clay with Poorboy's Detailing Clay or Meguiars Clay. Meguiars QD is fine for lubrication or if you want to spend a little bit more, get Meguiars #34.
  4. Polish with Meguiars #80 with the DA.
  5. Poorboy's Black Hole with the DA.
  6. Poorboy's EX or EX-P Sealant.
  7. Top with your favorite carnuba wax. I like Meguiars #16 but you'll have to buy it from Canada. #26 is about the same look but it doesn't last as long. There's a lot of good stuff out on the market though.

Don't forget some Meguiars Hyperdressing and APC+ !! I hope this helped.

Originally Posted by hwm3
Yep. Especially if the dealership guys washed it prior to delivery.
100% agreed. I always tell them to not wash it and if they do that I won't take delivery of it.

Old 06-17-2008, 11:09 PM
No, I don't have to buy from AG only. Why? Have another suggestion(s)?

HMW3... pad suggestion(s)?

Would it hurt to use Megs NXT wash instead of Super Soap / Gold Class?

Is Megs #80 and Black Hole the kind you can wax / polish either the whole vehicle (or bigger sections) before having to remove it, or is it small area / remove / another small area / remove kinda deal?

I'm open guys... any suggestions you have I'm willing to try. Like I said, I'm no expert, but I'm a quick learner!

Old 06-17-2008, 11:21 PM
Suspended
Rick at www.autodetailingsolutions.com has great prices, great customer service, etc. He carries mostly Meguiars products though. So you'll need to buy the PC from AutoGeek.net but you could buy Meguiars pads from him and everything else you need.

NXT is a decent wash but Super Soap and Gold Class have a lot more lubrication IMO. So no it wouldn't hurt anything. Just make sure you're using the proper dilution ratios or you could risk stripping wax.

Meguiars #80 is going to want to be removed every other panel. Poorboy's Black Hole is a easy on and off product so I'm not sure. I still do every other panel or one side. A lot of this is dependant on weather, humidity, how long you take, etc so it's hard to say. Basically just find out what you need to do. It's going to be a learning curve.

Old 06-18-2008, 06:24 AM
Which pads/bonnets do you use for application / polishing / buffing / etc. Thump?

Old 06-18-2008, 07:57 AM
I really like Lake Country pads due to their variety. I use orange for extensive correction, white for polishing, and black for glaze/sealant. If you want to apply your final wax by machine then you can use the blue finessing or red ultrasoft pads. I don't use bonnets any more but if you want to then you can put them over an orange pad. I just remove by hand now with a plush MF.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:00 AM
Oh, and I use the CCS pads. I forgot that part.

Old 06-18-2008, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by Turbo77
No, I don't have to buy from AG only. Why? Have another suggestion(s)?

HMW3... pad suggestion(s)?

Would it hurt to use Megs NXT wash instead of Super Soap / Gold Class?

Is Megs #80 and Black Hole the kind you can wax / polish either the whole vehicle (or bigger sections) before having to remove it, or is it small area / remove / another small area / remove kinda deal?

I'm open guys... any suggestions you have I'm willing to try. Like I said, I'm no expert, but I'm a quick learner!
The pads that come with the kit in the link you posted would be a good place to start. It comes with 2 white, 2 gray, and 1 blue pad.

Old 06-18-2008, 07:03 PM
Here's the LC pad guide.

Quick Reply: OMG there's too much!