Stoners invisible glass

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 01:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea... thats a habbit i REALLY need to break. Using dedicated towells..

Sometimes i just wipe the truck down when im done and end up using the same towell on a rim and then touching up a spot on the paint!

Somebody slap me!

Old 06-19-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by Grubrunner
I've tried the wipes without being overly impressed. They, IMO, streaked considerably more than the spray/microfiber combo.
You are right about that, they can streak....but I have to go back over all of the interior/exterior windows with a dry MF anyways so it always takes care of the few streaks left behind. My favorite method is just to spray the cleaner onto the MF and go to town.

I bought some glass polishing MF towels from Tropi-Care but I was not at all impressed with them.

Old 06-19-2008, 05:28 PM
If you want to save some a little $$, try Sprayway Glass Cleaner (aerosol) - personally after using IG, I find this works even better.... check your local grocery store - blue can - here @ A&P Grocery, it's about $2.19/can.... sprays as a foam & deosn't leave streaks....

Old 06-19-2008, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by MikeF150
If you want to save some a little $$, try Sprayway Glass Cleaner (aerosol) - personally after using IG, I find this works even better.... check your local grocery store - blue can - here @ A&P Grocery, it's about $2.19/can.... sprays as a foam & deosn't leave streaks....
Is it tint safe?

Old 06-19-2008, 09:41 PM
not sure...I don't have any aftermarket tint... you may want to check the MSDS sheets on their web site or call them....

http://www.spraywayinc.com/

They have a number of other "neat" products.....

Old 06-19-2008, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by Iam4st8
Do ya'll use the special microfiber glass towells? If so, why whats the difference? I know i just use a regular MF, it works great don't see why to change.
I bought a microfiber kit from PB and a glass towel came with the kit. It works the best NO LINT, NO STREAKS, NO LEFT BEHIND DIRT.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:28 AM
Actually years and years ago my cousins husband turned me on to Stoners (gave me three aerosol cans of it) and I wound up throwing them all out just because of the smell, lol. It was too chemical smelling for me, heh. Was using NXT glass cleaner for a bit, much-much better smell then Stoners (it's kinda got that Shirley Temple drink smell to it) but I haven't seen it for sale around here in a couple years now (I used to get it at Target and never seen it anywhere else).

Wound up using Stoners when NXT wasn't available anymore, but this time the normal spray bottle. Just last week I decided to try the aerosol can version of Stoners again for the first time since I threw out those cans years ago and gotta say I like the super fine perfect mist it sprays. I just don't care too much for the smell of it.

To be perfectly honest with you guys, my favorite smell from a glass cleaner is old school Windex. Not that new green sticker environmental crap, that stuff is awful, but the old school normal Windex. I use Windex for applying window tint (the no drip formula is the best/most lubricative for tinting), and I use a lot of it as I squeegee and work the tint and after the vehicle has sat a few days with all that Windex usage and drying, the interior has the most strong, but super-clean smell - very close to new car smell as you can get. That new Greenlist crap, stay away from, lol.

Last edited by emig5m; 06-20-2008 at 09:30 AM.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:11 AM
I bought a few glass detailing MF towels from Tropi-Care a while back. They are like a waffle weave with a much tighter pattern. I absolutely love them, but they are starting to wear out and Tropi-Care doesn't carry them any more. I guess I can find some more like them if I would just look.

Quick Reply: Stoners invisible glass