Pricing Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 12:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pricing Question

I have a quick question on what kinda pricing you guys would pay for this. Now I know alot of us here wash/wax/polish, whatever else on our own trucks. But I run my own detailing "business" and I usually charge about 50-60 bucks for inside and out, washed/waxed/polished (I know thats kinda cheap lol)...However, I have a guy that has a lifted F-250 Ext Cab on 36's that wants my normal treatment, and he also wants his suspension and stuff under his truck cleaned...What would you guys expect to pay for all of that to be done to your truck?

Old 06-18-2008, 01:00 PM
What condition is it in?

By hand or machine? what products? What are his expectations for the finished product?

Old 06-18-2008, 01:22 PM
As far as i know its only as dirty as everyday driving. I'm not sure what he does as far as waxing it and stuff on his own. I'll maybe use about...30 dollars worth of products, and that could be a little overkill. Its all by hand, no machine buffers or anything. And I'm assuming he wants a good finished product, but he isnt looking for a clayed finish or anything, even though i may do it on some parts, depending....

Old 06-18-2008, 01:26 PM
$300 plus is what I'd "expect" to pay

Old 06-18-2008, 02:43 PM
Wow. I'd almost feel bad for charging somebody that much, I was gonna do it for 75-100 bucks. Should take me about 4 or 5 hours at most is what i figured.

Old 06-18-2008, 03:08 PM
I think to give an accurate answer we kinda need to know the procedure you are going to do.

Wash
Clay?
Any type of cleaner
Polish?
What type of Wax?

Basically what you are thinking your plan of attack is going to be. You could go ahead and wash it then apply a cleaner wax or you could go all the way and get it looking amazing. We don't know what you are doing, so yeah.

But a lifted truck that big, he should expect to pay more than normal just because of its size. Most professionals will charge more.

Old 06-18-2008, 03:19 PM
Well I know it sounds sketchy, but I have a product that is a one step wash/polish/wax, I use that on the entire truck, once its clean(at this point it looks good enough to give back to the average person, but not somebody that knows what there looking at), i clay over the cleaned truck, then I use the one step wash/polish/wax again. After that, I have a metal polish that will take out any light scratches that arent completely through the paint, so I hit all those and clean them up. Then use just my cleaner on his suspension, shine it up a bit. Then ofcourse dress the tires and wheel wells etc., then clean the inside.

Old 06-18-2008, 03:54 PM
So basically you are washing, doing a cleaner wax, touching up spots, then cleaning undercarriage/suspension.

I would not recommend using metal polish on the paint. It is made for metal, not paint. Go buy some scratch-X and use that instead.

For a job like that on his car I would charge $50-75. It also depends on your demographics. Where I live, people pay more, but certain areas may be cheaper.

Old 06-18-2008, 06:40 PM
You use a metal polish on paint? You couldnt pay ME to bring my car to you.

Last edited by 03gtmustang; 06-18-2008 at 07:14 PM.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by deceased98f150
Well I know it sounds sketchy, but I have a product that is a one step wash/polish/wax, I use that on the entire truck, once its clean(at this point it looks good enough to give back to the average person, but not somebody that knows what there looking at), i clay over the cleaned truck, then I use the one step wash/polish/wax again. After that, I have a metal polish that will take out any light scratches that arent completely through the paint, so I hit all those and clean them up. Then use just my cleaner on his suspension, shine it up a bit. Then ofcourse dress the tires and wheel wells etc., then clean the inside.
A one-step wash/polish/wax does sound sketchy. Can you give us any more info on it?

Old 06-18-2008, 07:13 PM
deleted...

Old 06-19-2008, 12:20 AM
Trust me, I know exactley where your coming from and I felt the same way untill the owner of the company threw some of it on my truck without asking me and made me sweat untill he was done. The one step thing is a waterless deal, its got some lubricants in it to make sure it doesnt scratch or anything. I know it doesnt scratch for a fact because I have done a brand new black truck (2008) and it came out without one swirl or scratch on it. And with that metal polish, as long as there is a clear coat or a gel coat on the paint, it wont damage it at all unless you rub the **** out of one spot for an hour. Its a pretty cool product, I like using it, hard to believe though.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:37 AM
So you wash your car with this crap and it removes scratches and swirl marks? Is that seriously what you're trying to tell me? Using metal polish on paint is just plain stupid.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:42 AM
Suspended
You talking about ONR?

Old 06-19-2008, 02:17 AM
Originally Posted by 03gtmustang
So you wash your car with this crap and it removes scratches and swirl marks? Is that seriously what you're trying to tell me? Using metal polish on paint is just plain stupid.
I never said anything of the sort about it removing (all)scratches and swirls, I said it wont scratch and it wont leave swirls. If there are scratches that are not all the way through the paint, they will buff out with the metal polish, I've done it on brand new paint with a scratch in it and it comes out looking brand new, I'll take a before and after picture next time I get one.

Whats ONR?

Quick Reply: Pricing Question