Wax

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 05:37 PM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
I'm a tired old fart. I do a whole panel and take a break - then go back and wipe it off. Yeah, it takes me a couple hours just to "wax" it.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:48 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
I'm a tired old fart. I do a whole panel and take a break - then go back and wipe it off. Yeah, it takes me a couple hours just to "wax" it.
You must go through quite a few beers then when "waxing"

Old 06-19-2008, 09:27 PM
Sry for that comment earlier thumper, i was joking! and i seriously hope everythings alright with ya buddy.

-And thanks for the insight on 16 and 26.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:28 PM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by gators241987
You must go through quite a few beers then when "waxing"
Nah - just water. Beer comes after it's done.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:12 AM
*sniffle*..... Thump never responded to mine... (goes off and sobbs uncontrolably)

BTW-- andrew-- although most people feel the same as you did when you read the sticky, note that it is FAR from comprehensive-- in fact, it is only scratching the surface.

I know that singlehandedly, all of the following could write a freaking theis paper for a doctorate on detailing: Me, JP, RP, Boss (he could write several), and more than likely hwm...Thump could write one on Megs (If I remember right, he just now got his PB goodies and is in bed, but I could be off... we'll see )..................So dont think you are all the way in the know yet... Have much to learn you do, young jedi.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:17 AM
I know some of you belong to autopia. I have found this write up to be very informative. Great side by side comparison of multiple waxes.
http://www.autopia.org/forum/detaili...iple-pics.html

Just wish it had a little more of variety.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
A lot depends on your washing procedure and products as well as the environment that the car is exposed to.
Ya'll pay attention to this here part-- its real important, ye' hear?

Seriously, though, those 2 parts make a HUGE difference... Chad (ie: Sleestak) has a truck that he can wax and it wont need another coat for 7-8 months if he uses NATTYS. Why? Because it's driven on the weekends and washed as needed. Mine gets wax every 2 weeks (okay, it's because its therapy for me).... But take a car that's outside 24/7, uncovered parking, washed weekly (correct dilution), and in heat, like somewhere in D/FW... They would need to wax every 2-4 months with #16, 1-2 months with #26, and every month with Nattys...

Okay... it just occured to me that I am rambling, so I'll shut up.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:54 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Iam4st8
Sry for that comment earlier thumper, i was joking! and i seriously hope everythings alright with ya buddy.

-And thanks for the insight on 16 and 26.
No problem. I was just about to bite your head off but I figured you were joking so I held back. I was in some pain at the time from my surgery so I wasn't in a joking mood.

Originally Posted by f-150sport03
*sniffle*..... Thump never responded to mine... (goes off and sobbs uncontrolably)

BTW-- andrew-- although most people feel the same as you did when you read the sticky, note that it is FAR from comprehensive-- in fact, it is only scratching the surface.

I know that singlehandedly, all of the following could write a freaking theis paper for a doctorate on detailing: Me, JP, RP, Boss (he could write several), and more than likely hwm...Thump could write one on Megs (If I remember right, he just now got his PB goodies and is in bed, but I could be off... we'll see )..................So dont think you are all the way in the know yet... Have much to learn you do, young jedi.
What'd I forget to respond to? Anyways, I agree with you about Andrew.

I've been using PB stuff for a few months now. I just got more of a supply in before my surgery. I was using EX, Black Hole, and White Diamond. I can't wait to try everything else out though. I got a chance to try out the Natural Look Dressing and I have to say that it's one my favorite products now. It smells good and goes on PERFECT IMO. It's exactly what I was looking for ... Sad enough to say that the more I try more PB products, the more I pull away from Meguiars. I really want to try some Merzena (sp?) products as well. Don't you use them? If so, if you don't mind, send me a PM giving me some advice on them and suggestions on which products to buy. Of course, whenever you get a chance ...

Old 06-20-2008, 01:14 PM
Check my response on the 2nd page-- basically-- when are you out of bed rest? (Then I ended it with a sort of 'get-well soon' thing)...

I knew you had BH, WD, EX, and a few others, but if I remember correctly, you havent tried out the SSRs yet, have you? (I think I was referring to those, but I cannot remember what I was thinking when I posted that earlier... Crap. Maybe I have alzheimers at ess than drinking age... DAMN!)

Anywho, Check PM in about 10 minutes-- I am going to send you one in a bit.

Old 06-20-2008, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03

My bad I forgot to write in there (I thought that I did) that I am positive there is tons of stuff I don't know out there and have yet to learn, however I know at least 10x's more than I did before (which wasn't very much) after reading the sticky. I have only really stuck to megs line so there is lots I don't know about yet

Old 06-20-2008, 02:06 PM
Suspended
I must of missed that, sorry. Basically recovery time is what I make of it but according to the nurses they think I'm doing great. I was up and walking the first day. I was shaking a lot because of the pain though. I don't have any of that anymore but it does hurt a lot. I feel like the skin is just tearing at the incission. It's weird.

I've used SSR1 but nothing else and that wasn't for a long time. I just picked up the machine and did a panel that a buddy was working on. I need to get a Flex and some Lake Country pads first though. I'm trying to save up for some stuff for the car, too. I want to do a set of cams and nitrous but who knows ...

Quick Reply: Wax