DA Shampoo Brushes

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 01:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by andrewc_11890
roush what type of bristle did you use? long or short? and how hard are the bristles exactly? do you know what hardness the brushes are in relevance to that link I posted?
I used short. The bristles aren't hard per se, but the shorter brush has a stiffer bristle feel to it because it is shorter while the longer bristles "feel" softer because there is more movement.

As for the relavance, I can't say because I haven't felt them in comparison. If I had to guess, the middle two with the longer bristle one being the softer one. The are not as "hard" as the description of the last one makes it sound. Again though, I'd have to feel them to really compare.

Old 06-23-2008, 02:12 AM
Sounds Good Roush. I am just worried that they will hurt my fabric if they are too hard, but it sounds like they aren't. I think I will be buying some of these! Do you suggest short or long, or both?

Old 06-23-2008, 03:23 AM
I got both, then you can decide if you need a firm brush or a soft brush. You will probably want to use the shorter brush on short-nap, stiff carpets and the longer one on OEM fluffly carpets. I used the short one in the house on some stains in the burber(sp?) carpet and it worked incredibly. In my car, I'll stick with the longer one because I don't have any stains or spots that would need the shorter one. Both are "softer" than the Meguiar's Interior Brush, and I have used that on my interior carpet with no problems. Of course, like above, both will find many other uses along the way.

Old 06-23-2008, 03:35 AM
Suspended
I have used the short one from ADS on SEVERAL vehicles...mostly floor mats, but some interior work as well while attached to my FLEX.

In ONE instance I noticed it pulled up the finer under layer of fibers in carpet, but that was with it being used very aggressively.

It is an insanely useful tool for floor mats though...can't imagine life without it.

Old 06-23-2008, 06:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
alright, you all convinced me... another thing to stack onto the order... i swear... Rick needs to just pay the people on this forum commission or something.

Quick Reply: DA Shampoo Brushes