how to detail new paint

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 04:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how to detail new paint

my dad just got done restoring his '69 chevelle. it received a fresh coat of forest green paint this winter. is there anything i need to be careful of? i'm still new at this so i may be way off. but to transfer my process that i use for my truck with a couple tweaks for the darker color:

wash,
PB black hole
PB Ex sealant
PB Natty's blue or red

for the lsp i'm still undecided, this car won't see the weather, always garaged stored, just looking for something to make the dark green pop. suggestions appreciated.

also, i'm assuming that i don't need any paint correction products yet since it is fresh off restoration with a fresh coat of paint. but i'm just assuming. would it be best to use preventative maintenance and throw in an ssr or not? also these will all be applied by hand now, still haven't ordered a DA, but it won't be long. thanks

Bryan

Old 06-26-2008, 05:04 PM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
The first thing you have to do is determine exactly what kind of paint it is. If it's 2 stage color and clear, treat it just like your truck. If it's single stage, that takes different products and techniques depending on exactly what it is - lacquer, enamel, or epoxy.

To be completely safe, you can probably do it by hand with NXT 2.0 or another non-abrasive synthetic to seal it, followed by a carnauba LSP of your choice.

Quick Reply: how to detail new paint