HUGE amounts of Mequiar's detailing products

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 08:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HUGE amounts of Mequiar's detailing products

I was in a discount store in Little Rock earlier today and stumbled on some Meguiar's products in huge quantities... They had Meguiars Hyperwash 400:1 formula in a 5 gallon tub for 50 bucks. There was a gallon jug of Hyperdressing for 20 bucks, a gallon jug of Megs Mirror Glaze 85 Diamond Cut Compound 2.0 for 20 bucks, and a gallon jug of the Megs Hi Tech #26 yellow wax for 50 bucks. Seemed kind of random to be in there and shocked me honestly. I've found the Megs Hot Shine for tires in there for a couple bucks before, but never this much stuff.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:58 PM
What store was it?

Old 06-26-2008, 09:24 PM
I don't know the name of the place honestly. Its like a warehouse about the size of a grocery store. I've been there a couple times before. Most of their stuff is just crap. They have a section in the back where they hold auctions once a month on weird bulk items. Went to the auction once... had stuff like a full pallet of pretzels, pallet of electrical outlets, pallets of shampoo, huge boxes of ENEMAS... just weird odds and ends stuff. I don't know if they buy damaged pallets of goods or is they buy out companies that go out of business.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:59 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by s2krn
I don't know the name of the place honestly. Its like a warehouse about the size of a grocery store. I've been there a couple times before. Most of their stuff is just crap.
Then why is the Meguiars there? They better not say its crap

huge boxes of ENEMAS...
uhh... thats a odd store there lol

Old 06-26-2008, 10:30 PM
Suspended
I'd buy a few gallons of Hyperdressing at $20 a piece. Usually they are ~$30 plus shipping.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
I'd buy a few gallons of Hyperdressing at $20 a piece. Usually they are ~$30 plus shipping.
I bought one gallon, but am kicking myself for not buying more. I might go back tomorrow. The 5 gallons of hyperwash is calling my name, but that would last me FOREVER. I guess I could start washing my car and truck a few times a day. I'm a sucker for a good deal.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:55 PM
crack open the waxes and compounds before you buy them....they could be old dried out, been frozen and seperated before, or spoilled....yes i have seen some that have mold in them....the dressing should be fine....but they all could be fine....just take the top off and look before you leap.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by troberts6874
crack open the waxes and compounds before you buy them....they could be old dried out, been frozen and seperated before, or spoilled....yes i have seen some that have mold in them....the dressing should be fine....but they all could be fine....just take the top off and look before you leap.
Agreed

Old 06-27-2008, 09:41 AM
The 5 gallons of hyperwash is calling my name, but that would last me FOREVER. I guess I could start washing my car and truck a few times a day. I'm a sucker for a good deal.
save your money ... unless you have the ability to very accurately mix your car wash solution, you will never get the concentration correct. not worth the dollar savings, in my opinion.

Quick Reply: HUGE amounts of Mequiar's detailing products