Engine bay cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 03:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine bay cleaning

Allright, i have a good one for you guys. I just moved to a home with a gravel lane and I am a touch on the picky side when it comes to keeping my cars clean. What is the best way to keep the engine compartment on my 2008 5.4 clean after coming up and down the drive on those dusty summer days? I know most of you will say clean the engine bay, i do this with my mustang with a little light mist of water and a sponge but I am afraid to mist the engine bay of my 5.4 because of all of the trouble I had with moisture on the COP's on my old 2002. I do not want to be replacing COP's all of the time later on in the trucks life because I introduced moisture into the engine bay. Sorry for the long post but the truck is less than a month old and under the hood is already looking dusty.

Old 06-29-2008, 02:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess you could try getting a damp towel and spraying some APC+ on it and wiping down everything dirty that way there isn't extra water that will find its way into the wrong place. Then you can wipe it all down again with some HD.

Quick Reply: Engine bay cleaning