Egads! Anyone in SoCal that knows how to use a ROTARY?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 10:27 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't think so.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:45 PM
my god!!! what in the hell is going on here??? what happened to cause the soap opera?

Old 06-29-2008, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by tardman91
For what it's worth, I worked at a professional full service car wash for a couple of years, and we used dilluted acid to clean ALL the rims that came through the place (except aluminum ones). We had some stuff called F350 (i think) that cut through all kinds of grime, and something else called All-Sol (or something like that) that cut through tar, sticker residue, etc. All those products worked GREAT, but I never hear anyone talk about them here
I forget the supplier we used there, but it was osme good stuff.
There is a big difference between chemicals designed for use on a broad spectrum of vehicles, with the main goal of providing a reasonably clean product in the least amount of time, with the least amount of effort, (this description fits both a high volume detail shop and a full service car wash) and chemicals designed for more specific applications that require more time, effort and expertise to use, but provide higher end results.

In a nutshell, the chemicals and steps I use to wash and detail one or two cars a day are going to be drastically different than what I would use to detail 10 a day, or to wash 500 a day. Most of the time, those chemicals are not interchangable, for various reasons, including price, effectiveness and overall results.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:24 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by cdnance
my god!!! what in the hell is going on here??? what happened to cause the soap opera?
I'm not sure either.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:38 PM
Suspended
When I put acid on my paint, how long should I leave it on?

Just kidding... I could not help myself. What I do like, is a spirited debate. It allows me to think about the opposing sides, weigh them, and make my decision. Now I will admit, that I am a TOOL when it comes to detailing....But I would like to learn. I have taken my truck to car washes, and have paid to have it detailed...the quality sucked. My money should have been spent on product and supplies. With that being said, I have always been too cheap to pay for a good detail. Who knows if I would have gotten my moneys worth. I kinda have a sneaky suspicion that it would have been done by someone not worthy and/or knowledgeable.

Please do feel slighted by my words, I was not out to offend any of the professional detailers here. I just want to learn some more, and start out slowly.

Old 06-30-2008, 06:35 PM
Wow, i dont come over here too often anymore and was really surprised to see all of this going on...in a nutshell whoever is right or wrong, a general rule on forums bans people for personal attacks, and that is exactly what this is, so i think you should be banned for saying Thump is talking out of his ***, why dont you just heed these words...if you dont like what he is posting, quickly skim over his posts and dont pay them any mind. Whether or not you think he is worthy of giving detail advice is your choice, but really who are you to push anything off on others? And for the record, thump used to have a big black lifted f150, so he has the right to be here just as much as anyone else, this is a detailing community and i dont see you jumping on someone else's back about posting up pictures of other cars like volvo, GM, Cadillac in this section, why is he taking all of this heat? Is there really a debate on putting acid on wheels, holy christ i mean some people dont want to do that, leave them alone that is their process...personally im not scared because i know how to use it..oh wait do i need to post 300 pictures and videos of me actually using Meg's Wheel Brightener for people to believe that i do it, or is my word good enough?

Old 06-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Suspended
Thank you Stud. I appreciate it. I did own a big black F150 and even a big beige F150. There are a lot of people who don't have F150s and still post here. Irregardless, thanks again, appreciate it.

Quick Reply: Egads! Anyone in SoCal that knows how to use a ROTARY?