Detail Master of the site

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 03:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
troberts, are we on Candid Camera or something?

Old 06-29-2008, 03:50 PM
Suspended
I actually just posted a thread as of recently asking for some advice referring to some high end waxes. If I was claiming to be a "know it all", would I of done that? I also don't remember shooting down any reasonable ideas. Lastly, most of my advice is based on my experience. However, I have given advice based on other people's comments, in which I trust a lot when it comes to detailing, simply because someone was in need of help. I even said that I had "heard" to let the person know that I didn't have first hand knowledge of it. Anyways, it's time to grow up there troberts.

Old 06-29-2008, 03:59 PM
esf
Originally Posted by troberts6874

he told someone how great a product was to use and remove and how great it looked, someone asked if he had any, he then says oh no i dont but i heard.....how the hell are you going to refer advice on a product that you have no knowledge on how well or good it works....this is the point of the tread....if you dont know what you are talking about then ****
I can almost see where you're coming from on that, but here's the thing... have you ever at all in your life given advice based off of someone elses advice? I'm pretty sure you and everyone else has. It's very common. If you hear something enough from enough people, and in the case of this and other detailing forums where pictures are frequently posted and the sources are reputeable, then it's not really a bad thing to pass the information along. I personally would state that I had heard it before and would try to name drop from who if possible but even still. Especially when talking about product removal an appearance. If 5 or 10 people tell me that Natty's is easy to remove, I think it's safe to pass that information along to others. If you've seen other vehicles where Natty's was used and you liked how they looked, then again, I think it's safe to pass that information along.

It's cool though. I'm just going to go sit in the corner and **** because the big tough guy riding around on his high horse told me to.

Old 06-29-2008, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by esf
I can almost see where you're coming from on that, but here's the thing... have you ever at all in your life given advice based off of someone elses advice? I'm pretty sure you and everyone else has. It's very common. If you hear something enough from enough people, and in the case of this and other detailing forums where pictures are frequently posted and the sources are reputeable, then it's not really a bad thing to pass the information along. I personally would state that I had heard it before and would try to name drop from who if possible but even still. Especially when talking about product removal an appearance. If 5 or 10 people tell me that Natty's is easy to remove, I think it's safe to pass that information along to others. If you've seen other vehicles where Natty's was used and you liked how they looked, then again, I think it's safe to pass that information along.

It's cool though. I'm just going to go sit in the corner and **** because the big tough guy riding around on his high horse told me to.

the **** is for thump....but he does not need to post what he heard after 3,4,5, or 10 others who have first hand knowledge did chime in and did give thier review of the product, does he feel he has to put his stamp on it to make it valid???

Old 06-29-2008, 04:07 PM
Good point esf.

I suppose the same could be said about advice given on restaurants. Ex. - "I hear the steaks are pretty good at....". You never had the steak but if your getting your info from a trust worthy source then you may just pass that info on.

troberts, why are you letting thumps posts and comments bother you so much? When was the last time you got laid? No, don't answer that. Go have a

Last edited by johnnyd2723; 06-29-2008 at 04:10 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:07 PM
<--Wondering where a moderator is to shut this useless thread down.. "Grown" men fighting on a forum, over detailing...lol.. Way to funny but it needs to be locked!

Old 06-29-2008, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by johnny1313
<--Wondering where a moderator is to shut this useless thread down.. "Grown" men fighting on a forum, over detailing...lol.. Way to funny but it needs to be locked!
"Grown", now that's a reach. I don't see the one being picked on doing any fighting or even fighting back.
This thread is amusing in dumb sort of way. The arrogant wind bags kicking someone they have claimed to have schooled.

Old 06-29-2008, 04:25 PM
esf
Originally Posted by troberts6874
the **** is for thump....but he does not need to post what he heard after 3,4,5, or 10 others who have first hand knowledge did chime in and did give thier review of the product, does he feel he has to put his stamp on it to make it valid???
Gotcha. My mistake.

My take on that is like this. Someone makes a thread asking about, let's say Natty's again, and wants to know if it's easy to remove and if it looks good, is it really wrong to jump in and say that it looks good and is easy to remove. Maybe it'll help someone out who's about to place an order and just wants to know. Someone with first hand knowledge can still jump in and validate.

In my opinion, and it's not meant to take anything away from any member on here, everything said on here should be taken with a grain of salt and everyone in the end needs to form their own opinion based on their own experience but everyone should be able to post their opinions. Most of hte people on this forum don't personally know each other (unless you live in Texas for some reason) so takinga stranger's advice may not always be the best thing to do is what I'm getting at I guess. This is a great place for information and recommendations but some things are just not for everyone at the end of the day. End results aren't always the same and different people have different tastes.

Rock Pick may not be posting in here as much but he's still a moderator and I'm he'll eventually shut this down. With that being said, I'm finished. I've said my peace, which wasn't meant to take sides or attack anyone intentionally. I feel like I have nothing further to provide to this thread if I provided anything at all. Hope everyone has a good rest of the weekend.

Old 06-29-2008, 04:34 PM
Suspended
Johnny no one is fighting but troberts. I've been laughing all day long.

Old 06-29-2008, 04:40 PM
that great i have been laughing for about 6 to 8 months now...since you are the in house guru.....anyone else can look, any post that comes up in the detail section 8 out of 10 times thump has to make a post about it

Old 06-29-2008, 05:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love all the Internet personal attacks. This site is for informational purposes. T I can see your side, thump I can see your side as well. T if he is wrong and giving out false info then prove he is wrong and be done with it. There are no need for personal attacks whatsoever. What are we gaining from this thread? Honestly it just makes people think less of you and really shows your ignorance. How old are you? Seriously this is trivial bull****. If information is wrong correct it and move on, if not quit being a little girl. People come here for info so provide them with it and move on.

Old 06-29-2008, 05:37 PM
Maybe one day i'll be looked back upon like this..

haha

Old 06-29-2008, 05:41 PM
Suspended
Iam4st8

I'd watch out if I was you, you'll be next. We must of not got the memos that we were not allowed to put forth our own opinions, only special people.

Originally Posted by Jwool15
I love all the Internet personal attacks. This site is for informational purposes. T I can see your side, thump I can see your side as well. T if he is wrong and giving out false info then prove he is wrong and be done with it. There are no need for personal attacks whatsoever. What are we gaining from this thread? Honestly it just makes people think less of you and really shows your ignorance. How old are you? Seriously this is trivial bull****. If information is wrong correct it and move on, if not quit being a little girl. People come here for info so provide them with it and move on.
Just shows people's true character, very sad.

Last edited by ThumperMX113; 06-29-2008 at 05:45 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Iam4st8

I'd watch out if I was you, you'll be next. We must of not got the memos that we were not allowed to put forth our own opinions, only special people.

Just shows people's true character, very sad.
Haha, i hope i'm next. Kinda be funny.

And there is soooo much personal preference and opinion in detailing that it's nearly impossible to be dead WRONG... Unless your using sandpaper instead of MF's for drying. i mean come on. lol

Old 06-29-2008, 06:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jesus Thump what did you do to them, slap their mothers?

Quick Reply: Detail Master of the site