Detail Master of the site

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 08:14 AM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by troberts6874
This is exactly what the point is....people say well he has 15,000 post he must know what he is talking about......the point is he gives advice on products and use of products that he has no idea about...products that he has little first hand knowledge about, does not own and does not use....some give advice on products that they use and know work time and time again, since he does not believe it works he has to jump on the thread and give his 15000 post advice tell others that someone that uses a certain product or technique is giving bad information. a member that has been here since say january 2008 will look and see 15000 post they guy must be right, not the guy that has been here since 2002....
Yet you fail to comment on any other post. Mr. Detailing Genius (troberts), how do you apply the acid to the rims? what do you use to agitate the grim and muck from them, if at all? Do you own a automatic car wash? what about the 50/50 that gets on painted brake calipers? what about if some overspray or splash got on the paint, whats the best, most effective way to completely remove? Ive been breathing for 20 years, am I a "hands on master" now? What kind of polisher do you use in tight spots? when detailing the chin spoiler when its about 3 inches from the ground, what do you use, how large a pad? what kind of rpm is necessary in this situation? what do you think of paul daultons new wax? what about vintage? what about royale? is it a texas thing? how do you like wetsanding? what products are in your aresonal? Why do you "old" people feel the need to criticize us young people and constantly ride us? this thread should be painfully obvious who's side everyone has taken. whether you agree with thump about his advice or you're calling him a fraud, im pretty sure you people from Mexico's top hat, and I screw my sister and cant pronounce my own states name correct AR, have never met Mike nor seen his detailing products/ability. So take your own advice and burry your head in some sand.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:18 AM
tousche!!! nice response nice responce!

Old 06-30-2008, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by gators241987
Yet you fail to comment on any other post. Mr. Detailing Genius (troberts), how do you apply the acid to the rims? what do you use to agitate the grim and muck from them, if at all? Do you own a automatic car wash? what about the 50/50 that gets on painted brake calipers? what about if some overspray or splash got on the paint, whats the best, most effective way to completely remove? Ive been breathing for 20 years, am I a "hands on master" now? What kind of polisher do you use in tight spots? when detailing the chin spoiler when its about 3 inches from the ground, what do you use, how large a pad? what kind of rpm is necessary in this situation? what do you think of paul daultons new wax? what about vintage? what about royale? is it a texas thing? how do you like wetsanding? what products are in your aresonal? Why do you "old" people feel the need to criticize us young people and constantly ride us? this thread should be painfully obvious who's side everyone has taken. whether you agree with thump about his advice or you're calling him a fraud, im pretty sure you people from Mexico's top hat, and I screw my sister and cant pronounce my own states name correct AR, have never met Mike nor seen his detailing products/ability. So take your own advice and burry your head in some sand.

you want to start a wheel cleaning thread start one...i will show step by step cleaning....

everything you use is acid or base, nothing is ph neutral (excluding distilled water) tap water is not ph neutral, i call it what it is acid others want to hide and say its hot wheel shine or nxt wheel cleaner or what have you, its still a acid....

i use only rotarty, mikita now...used a dewalt for years but the mikita has better handles...use 7 and 4 inch pads and stiff backing plates...

how do you polish a car 3 inches off the ground, jack it up....ummm???

color sanding...i love it, its what i do best in finishing in a custom built street/hot rod...not much use bringing it up on this site since most have factory paint and very thin clear coats...i did have topic about this about a year or so ago on this site

paul daultons, megs nxt 20, what ever.... i dont comment on products i dont use or know about cant comment on any of that i like 3m products for my compounds and glazes, use megs and lake pads

now you get into grammer and family relations....thought that was only stories of moonshiners getting drunk in appalacha

all these guys with "gators" crap everywhere...did the even go to that university, and then become an alumni of the university????

Old 06-30-2008, 08:41 AM
Wow. Attacking someone based on where they live now? That shows real maturity.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by gators241987
What's considered old now a days?

Old 06-30-2008, 08:47 AM
i welcome anyone to read this thread, better yet read the last 100 threads in the detailing section, you will see that thump has a comment on about 85 of the last 100 threads in the deatil section. if anyone is to make a comment i would hope they read the entire thread and "know" about the entire situation prior to making a comment on this thread

Old 06-30-2008, 08:51 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Ah... there's nothing better than an internet argument.
And yes, I DID go to FSU.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by troberts6874
i welcome anyone to read this thread, better yet read the last 100 threads in the detailing section, you will see that thump has a comment on about 85 of the last 100 threads in the deatil section. if anyone is to make a comment i would hope they read the entire thread and "know" about the entire situation prior to making a comment on this thread
Well I still would like to know why this bothers you so much? Just a concerned citizen and worried about other people or what? That's all, just want to know.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by johnnyd2723
Well I still would like to know why this bothers you so much? Just a concerned citizen and worried about other people or what? That's all, just want to know.

see above ^^^^

This is exactly what the point is....people say well he has 15,000 post he must know what he is talking about......the point is he gives advice on products and use of products that he has no idea about...products that he has little first hand knowledge about, does not own and does not use....some give advice on products that they use and know work time and time again, since he does not believe it works he has to jump on the thread and give his 15000 post advice tell others that someone that uses a certain product or technique is giving bad information.

he does this time and time again...he has to comment on everything, things he knows nothing about or had first hand knowledge of....or be the tenth person to say the same thing.....its old, people wonder why people are leaving this section????

Old 06-30-2008, 09:23 AM
That does not answer my question! Why are you so concerned? I guess you just don't want to see anybody screw their stuff up by taking advice from someone you obviously you feel shouldn't be giving advice, or maybe not so much advice. That's admirable and very thoughtful and I guess then this is your way of "Doing something about it!", but seriously, most intelligent people are going to research and not just take ones advice/opinion and run with it. Don't you agree?

Old 06-30-2008, 09:25 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by hwm3
Wow. Attacking someone based on where they live now? That shows real maturity.
This thread just screams of maturity.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:36 AM
I think that Thump and T are the same person just with multi-personality disorder! Good way to build up that post count.

Kevin

Old 06-30-2008, 09:45 AM
Suspended
you want to start a wheel cleaning thread start one...i will show step by step cleaning.... You're so good at starting threads, Id figure Its right-up your alley.

everything you use is acid or base, nothing is ph neutral (excluding distilled water) tap water is not ph neutral, i call it what it is acid others want to hide and say its hot wheel shine or nxt wheel cleaner or what have you, its still a acid.... do you know what wheel cleaner I use, have you used it?

i use only rotarty, mikita now...used a dewalt for years but the mikita has better handles...use 7 and 4 inch pads and stiff backing plates... mikita? got a link for that? I use a MAKITA. Yes, my makita has a better, more suportive handle. It is heavy than most rotaries. I like my metabo also. It is much lighter, however I dont feel it has the corrective power of the makita.

how do you polish a car 3 inches off the ground, jack it up....ummm??? Im not a mechanic, im a detailer. What, you dont know how to polish a car that low?

color sanding...i love it, its what i do best in finishing in a custom built street/hot rod...not much use bringing it up on this site since most have factory paint and very thin clear coats...i did have topic about this about a year or so ago on this site
its what you do best? id hate to see what you're bad at

paul daultons, megs nxt 20, what ever.... i dont comment on products i dont use or know about cant comment on any of that i like 3m products for my compounds and glazes, use megs and lake pads
3m ultrafina, not a bad product. I like their heavy compound as well, used with PFW, great combo. Id thought with over 20 years experience, you wouldve tried more products?

now you get into grammer and family relations....thought that was only stories of moonshiners getting drunk in appalacha
embarrassed?
all these guys with "gators" crap everywhere...did the even go to that university, and then become an alumni of the university????
My parents went there, I chose not too. Im a fan. Got a problem?

Old 06-30-2008, 09:46 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by khindal
I think that Thump and T are the same person just with multi-personality disorder! Good way to build up that post count.

Kevin
Sybil?

Old 06-30-2008, 09:56 AM
troberts6874

Since your so determined to prove Thump doesn't know what hes talking about or gives bad advice on products he doesn't use, why don't you provide us with some links of him doing so to prove yourself? You've gone through this much, starting a thread about it and pissing back and forth with people, just take the time and provide links because this **** is stupid.

Quick Reply: Detail Master of the site