Detail Master of the site

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 10:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is a senseless post by the op.

Thump has given me some insight on a variety of things. I dont take any one person's word on here as the only way to do things but I just want to say one thing that i am pretty serious about-

troberts6874- you are an absolute jealous ****. Seriously, dont go and single out respected senior members.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Les22
this is a senseless post by the op.

Thump has given me some insight on a variety of things. I dont take any one person's word on here as the only way to do things but I just want to say one thing that i am pretty serious about-

troberts6874- you are an absolute jealous ****. Seriously, dont go and single out respected senior members.
I was thinking the same thing and you beat me to posting it. I aslo get the impression his ego is a little inflated as well.

Old 06-30-2008, 11:54 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Fortunately, as a moderator, I have the ability to have the last word on issues of this nature.... as such, I will have the last word here.

I've seen a rapid decline in quality of posts here in this forum in the past 8 months. Others - in fact, numerous others, have also seen this. I base this assumption and observation on the copious amount of PMs and emails that I've received regarding this topic. Some point to specific folks; some point to various other reasons; some point so that they can point and feel good about it...

The bottom line is this -- the quality *HAS* gone down. While some of us don't have the time to sit online and post to EVERY SINGLE THREAD that is spun within this forum and offer good guidance, some apparently do have that time. While I've explained to some that over posting is a poor thing and that it can be viewed in a very negative light, it's not been absorbed and thus, it continues.

I've seen a VERY similar thing on another forum here at f150online.com happen and the outcome is very similar to what is occuring here. In that instance, the individual(s) that were called out were conducting business in a very similar fashion; that being that they were posting to every single thread under the sun with an opinion (be it good bad or ugly) and, in many ways, skewing the overall perception of others by being over dramatic, over opinionated, and abrasive (to the point of being very conceited).

People, as the norm, will interpret someone's verbal actions on the forums as they will - there's no way that any of us can sway that - opinions are the right of the individual. What several of you are lashing out - in whichever way you're lashing (be it, in this individual case, pro-Thump or con-Thump) is your opinion and you're entitled to it. I'm not going to try to sway it or take a side...

What I will say is that this type of thread - be it my opinion or not my opinion as a Senior Member - isn't necessary here on the forum. I have an opinion but, again, I won't dump that here as I must remain in a 'moderator role' for the purpose of this response.

That said, I ask that everyone sit back down in your chairs... gather your thoughts... stop the bashing... think about your posts... be concise, helpful, and polite with future posts.... and stop the stupid crap that involves me getting involved - I don't have time for baby-sitting crap.

Again, I have an opinion but, I tried to check it at the door before I posted this message... respect me or hate me for that, I'm not sure that I care... what I ask is from a moderator's standpoint in that you cease and desist with the childish crap.

-RP-

Quick Reply: Detail Master of the site