Detail Master of the site

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 02:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Detail Master of the site

here he is thumpermx113

here he is two years ago asking for help on how he is to detail his truck. dont know for sure but i think he got his first da about 1 year ago

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=247832

this is to let everyone know how much knowledge of products, time with products used, and years of service in the detailing world.

be very careful who you take advice from...anyone can be an internet superstar.

Last edited by troberts6874; 06-29-2008 at 03:02 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im not quite sure i understand this post. are you calling him out saying he is a fraud, or are you saying that over his time spent on this forum, he has gained a lot of know how about the detailing world?

He seems like he knows what he is talking about, if he didnt 2 years ago, I'm not sure what that would have to do with the advice he gives today.

I may have understood you wrong, but it just seems like a pointless thread unless you were calling him out.

Old 06-29-2008, 03:19 PM
Suspended
I'm so upset right now.

Old 06-29-2008, 03:21 PM
esf
This is an unnecessary thread. You need to relax. Contribute what you want to contribute but there's not need to put down other members whether you agree or disagree with them. You have yourself up on a pedastal like you're someone special. I'm sure you have a lot of good advice and tons of experience. I'm sure a lot of people can benefit from you but people are benefiting from Thumper's posts too. And it's not just Thumper you put down. Someone in the other thread asked you a simple question about trying one product before jumping straight to something else that's possibly more aggressive and you response was basically to tell him he talks out his *** and he isn't very knowledgeable.

You know it's a shame. You have great members here, and for discussions sake I'll use Rock Pick and RollingRock as examples. They're great sources for information and are usually all but too greatful to help members out but have stopped or rather backed off from this section because of what you're accusing Thumper of doing. In my book, what you're doing right now, is much worse.

If one member agrees or disagrees with another member, that's fine. That's one of the things that makes forums great. Different sources of information, suggestions and recomendations all coming together for the greater good. If it goes past the point of a simple discussion of thoughts and opinions then it really serves no purpose on the forum and should be handled like grown folks, privately, through PMs or email. Which is exactly how this should be handled. Not only will you get better results because people feel less defensive when they're not called out but you don't fill the forum up with stupid bull**** like this.

**EDIT**
While typing up my novel this was posted and I had wanted to include it in my original post.
Originally Posted by rednoved
He seems like he knows what he is talking about, if he didnt 2 years ago, I'm not sure what that would have to do with the advice he gives today.
Right on. You can learn a lot in two years time. That doesn't mean you're an expert but at no point in time did I see anyone claim to be one. There's always room to learn more and get better. The only way to do that is to ask questions and try things. The day you feel the need to stop asking questions is the day you feel you have learned everything. It won't happen. Everyone has to start somewhere. There was a time where all of us didn't know anything. We all had to crawl before we could walk. Some of us know more than others. I have a long way to go and a ton more to learn. Does that mean I shouldn't share what I have already learned? And hell if you disagree with me, then by all means, lets discuss it and maybe one of us, both of us or other members will learn something new. I'm just rambling now and am going to stop.

Last edited by esf; 06-29-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by rednoved
im not quite sure i understand this post. are you calling him out saying he is a fraud, or are you saying that over his time spent on this forum, he has gained a lot of know how about the detailing world?

I may have understood you wrong, but it just seems like a pointless thread unless you were calling him out.

no you got it right (seems to know what he is talking about) thats what makes him dangerous, he has thousands of post and people buy what he is selling and follow his instructions.....nothing he post is based on his personal knowledge only things he thinks and reads....he shots down what other suggest about knowledge of products they use and he thinks there is only one way to do everything...his way that he read about......

Old 06-29-2008, 03:26 PM
I would interpret, as most will, that the op is calling him out. The way I look at it is if you bought a guitar today and took lessons and practiced for two years then you would become a good guitar player and could even teach others imo. If I have misinterpreted this then never mind.

Last edited by johnnyd2723; 06-29-2008 at 03:29 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by esf
You have great members here, and for discussions sake I'll use Rock Pick and RollingRock as examples.

people that you put out in high regards like rollingrock see the same problem with thump also

see thread here

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=337895

Old 06-29-2008, 03:27 PM
Suspended
Ya know? I'd love to sit here and prove everything that you're saying wrong or get into the internet pissing match, which you want, but I'm playing Wii with my nephew. I'll keep checking back every so often to get a good laugh while everyone gets to see who is mature and who is immature, among other things.

Old 06-29-2008, 03:29 PM
hey thump when you get done with the wii take a picture of a 2008 car with 1500 miles on it, in the shade from 20 feet out, then post them up here, pat yourself on the back and say how great you are

Old 06-29-2008, 03:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well, if it is stuff he read about, that means its a shared opinion. im pretty sure he has tried a lot of products, unless he just lied to us about it. you just linked us to a thread were he started out with basic consumer products, and he asked for ideas. that right there he shows that he was already gaining knowledge. everything thing that i read of his posts seem pretty straight, minus him saying i should kick my *** for not buying a gryphon. haha. i guess yall just got off on the wrong foot.

Old 06-29-2008, 03:33 PM
Suspended
Nope. It all started out with Jp and I not getting along than his "posse" jumped on it.

troberts, I find it all amusing because I don't ever see you helping people or any pictures. hwm3 and JP did post a lot of pictures, I'll give them that, but like most people who think they know everything, they don't, I've been dealing with an injury so I can't do much detailing as of right now. Anyways, keep up the good work, you're only making yourself look bad to everyone other than JP and hwm3.

PS: My car has 7000 miles on it, thank you very much.

Last edited by ThumperMX113; 06-29-2008 at 03:35 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:38 PM
This thread is not going to do anything but make you troberts look like a fool. It is a forum for all types of input. So in theory what you are saying is that you should not post any type of help on here unless you have the supposed 20 years of experience that you have. Any new member to this area of the forum is going to see what you post and view you as the one not to listen to and not thumper. This is very immature especially for the "20 years" of detailing experience you have. If you really do have that experience then you would know that everyone has their own method and that you cannot going around saying that someone doesn't know what they are talking about.

I am on my phone so I cannot type much right now but please just stop attacking thumper. It is making this forum look bad and what you don't realize is that it is making you look bad

Old 06-29-2008, 03:39 PM
esf
Originally Posted by troberts6874
people that you put out in high regards like rollingrock see the same problem with thump also

see thread here

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=337895
Yeah, thanks. I believe I stated that when I said that's why they stopped posting as often.

hey thump when you get done with the wii take a picture of a 2008 car with 1500 miles on it, in the shade from 20 feet out, then post them up here, pat yourself on the back and say how great you are
Grow up man. What's the point to this post?

On a side note, sometimes it's pretty difficult to figure out someone's tone and people can come across completely the wrong way than what they intended to on the internet. That being said, I don't think I've ever gotten the impression that Thumper thought his way is the best way. That would be a little naive of him to think that way seeing as where he apparently started out on this forum.

Old 06-29-2008, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by esf
That would be a little naive of him to think that way seeing as where he apparently started out on this forum.
thats the way he is...i dont post all that much, and i see him time and again shoot down what other people give as options....i just sit back and wonder and hope that these people dont take it...well, he got called out on a different post and then plays it off like its nothing...this guy is like obama or something,

he told someone how great a product was to use and remove and how great it looked, someone asked if he had any, he then says oh no i dont but i heard.....how the hell are you going to refer advice on a product that you have no knowledge on how well or good it works....this is the point of the tread....if you dont know what you are talking about then ****

Old 06-29-2008, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by troberts6874
Why don't you look in the mirror take a picture post it here so everyone can see what an A-HOLE looks like.
WOW, I guess they will let anyone on this site. Forums are an option, no one is making you read this stuff, so I suggest you let thumper write whatever he wants and if you don't like the advice, don't do it then. I have learned a lot from this and other sites but its a-holes like yourself that ruin it for a lot of people.

Quick Reply: Detail Master of the site